Author Topic: Vacuum Cleaners BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH  (Read 1770 times)

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Vacuum Cleaners BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:37:26 am »
So why are vacuums so bad for you? DUST! POLLEN! FUNGUS! All these things are small little specs that your vacuum usually spits up, back into the air. While Vacuums can get the big stuff, the small stuff ends up pushed around, in your lungs, boom, now you're sneezy OR WORSE. Its not possible for everyone to just rip out their carpets and live in a tiled household, nor is it possible to buy an 800 dollar vacuum, but honestly, if ever you're moving, you're going to want to take this all into account. If you have the choice between two homes, equal price, equal location, equal everything EXCEPT one has carpet and one doesn't - pick the one with no carpet. Because Vacuum Cleaners, are the devil's cleanup tool. (Please don't take my hyperbole as a representation of my actual fervor regarding this issue)

Are you intrigued? Check the link down below for more information!

https://youtu.be/4f1QoQhtK6g
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Vacuum Cleaners BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 01:05:16 pm »
I have a child with asthma, and when we were building our current house his asthma/allergy doctor said the best thing we could do for him was to use as much hardwood flooring as possible and install a central vac.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:25:18 pm »
The only vacuum cleaner that might be bad for your health is one of those ridiculous bagless jobs . . . because you get
a face full of dust and schmutz when you dump the "bagless" dirt cups and the big clumps of dirt hit your trash can.

I'll stick with my . . .

. . . thank you very much. Power-brush carpet nozzle, power-brush upholstery nozzle, bare floor brush (I have bare floors and throw rugs in
my house), disposable filter bags that seal up when you take them out of the machine. And I have never had a single sneezing fit or
coughing fit after using it.

For the record: my late asthmatic mother swore by classic Electroluxes, too. (If you want a true descendant of the classics, you now look for
Aerus---the name changed when Mother Electrolux pulled out of the U.S. and left the U.S. plant employees and management to buy the U.S.
plant and continue producing the machines.) My machine is styled based on her 1205 from 1973, for which she traded her first Lux (a 1962
Model F) because she wanted the power nozzles and her first Lux couldn't be adapted to them. (Codicil: I'm not asthmatic. But still . . . )

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 11:36:19 pm »
This isn't being brought to us by the fun folks at Science in the Public Interest is it?

You know - the dweebs who helped get rid of popcorn oil and salt at movie theaters and take congress into banning the incandescent light bulb?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:42:29 pm »
I just bought one of those little programmable, self-propelled vacs.  I love it!  Does the floors and area rugs.  Smart little critter.