Author Topic: ABC News star Joy Behar finally apologizes for anti-Christian remarks: 'Vice President Pence is righ  (Read 409 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Fox News
By Brian Flood
4 hours ago

ABC News star Joy Behar apologized for mocking Vice President Mike Pence’s Christian faith on Tuesday, ending a month of outcry stemming from remarks she made that have been called “slander” and “anti-Christian bigotry.”

Pence appeared on Fox News Channel's “Hannity” Monday evening, urging Behar to apologize to “tens of millions of Americans who were equally offended” during the conversation – and she obliged.

“I think Vice President Pence is right. I was raised to respect everyone’s religious faith and I fell short of that,” Behar said on Tuesday’s edition of “The View.”

“I sincerely apologize for what I said,” Behar added.

Behar’s controversial comments resulted in the Media Research Center launching a campaign to hold Behar accountable for spewing “anti-Christian bigotry” after she said that communicating with Jesus is a “mental illness” during a Feb. 13 episode of “The View” when discussing Pence’s faith.

Pence reportedly told Behar she should apologize to Christians during a private phone call, but the vice president doubled down on Fox News and apparently “The View” co-host took notice. 

(more)
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/03/13/abc-news-star-joy-behar-finally-apologizes-for-anti-christian-remarks-vice-president-pence-is-right.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

She can get bent with her phony corporate forced apology.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
According to Behar, Moses, Jesus, all the Prophets, and thousands of other people throughout history were crazy and deluded when they heard God talking to them.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

According to Behar, Moses, Jesus, all the Prophets, and thousands of other people throughout history were crazy and deluded when they heard God talking to them.
Delusions and hallucinations are common, even beyond those with disorders such as schizophrenia. https://www.livescience.com/50999-hallucinations-delusions-common.html

Who's to say there's not a God who uses mental illness?  What we'd call schizophrenia, another culture might call shamanism.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
She only apologized because she discovered that Dr Martin Luther the King said that he had conversations with God.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Delusions and hallucinations are common, even beyond those with disorders such as schizophrenia. https://www.livescience.com/50999-hallucinations-delusions-common.html

Who's to say there's not a God who uses mental illness?  What we'd call schizophrenia, another culture might call shamanism.
@Suppressed

They do actually do that. You are right. I happened to see a documentary on schizophrenia symptoms around the world. I was amazed to discover how widely the symptoms vary by environment and culture. I was most surprised to find out that many episodes of schizophrenia are pleasant depending on where you are in the world.

Many cultures described schizophrenic episodes as seeing relatives, old friends, Gods and prophets, and generally pleasant experiences. However, American schizophrenic episodes tend to be more dark and violent. These differences represent the cultural environment of the patient and the way the patient thinks generally. There is no standard schizophrenic episode. They vary from extremely pleasant and insightful, to extremely negative and violent, from person to person.

So yes. It would not be out of the bounds of science for Native Americans seeing 'spirit guides' in times of stress, or prophets hearing messages, to be a form of 'positive delusions' resulting from God knows what.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 09:20:41 pm by 240B »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It's not so much that Joy's anti-Christian, it's that she's a cult zealot nutjob herself, who worships the state, Gaia, and that little dead guy Marx, then mocks everyone else for their beliefs, except of course for Islam.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Of course you could just accept her apology,  which did represent a capitulation from her original position.   As with any confession, what's important is whether it is sincere and whether she will refrain from similar pffensive statements in the future.   I don't know whether she is sincere.  But my response is to accept it in good faith until shown otherwise.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My intuition is this: Plenty of advertisers a regetting ammunition, to negotiate lower rates, since the "stars" on the shows are driving potential customers away.

--NFL

--This program

--Other similar stuations

And those advertisers have a rapidly growing set of options, for spending mney.

For instance, the type of targeting now possible, would let them spend their money on BETTER targeted customers.

Streaming video outlets are growing daily. YouTube is one.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online rustynail