Author Topic: Report: Trump’s Wall Could Pay For Itself By Cutting Welfare To Illegals  (Read 876 times)

Offline libertybele

Report: Trump’s Wall Could Pay For Itself By Cutting Welfare To Illegals

A new study says there may be no need for President Donald Trump to have Mexico pay for the southern border wall, because it would pay for itself in savings to the American taxpayer.

The Center for Immigration Studies report revealed the costs of the $18 billion wall would be quickly compensated by curbing the number of illegal immigrants who enter the country and enroll in public programs, as well as the costs associated with crime.

“The wall could pay for itself even if it only modestly reduced illegal crossings and drug smuggling,” CIS President Steven A. Camarota told New York Post.

Advertisement - story continues below

According to federal data, illegal border crossings in El Paso, Texas dropped 89 percent over a 5- year period after a two-story-high fence was erected during the George W. Bush administration.

Similarly, in San Diego, crossings dropped 95 percent in 2006 after a fence was erected as part of the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which passed both chambers of Congress by large majorities.

Without a wall, the Homeland Security Department estimates there will be 1.7 million illegal crossings from Mexico into the U.S. over the next decade......

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-trumps-wall-pay-cutting-welfare-illegals/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=conservative-brief-WJ&utm_campaign=dailypm&utm_content=western-journal
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well let me be the first to agree.  The wall will pay for itself.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
People who are illegals should not be getting state and federal aid. Only in Washington would the cessation of an expenditure having no legal basis for occurring be considered a savings.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:13:41 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Something like Operation Intercept or Hold-the-Line would be a lot more effective, just like it was before.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online Hoodat

Illegals shouldn't be receiving welfare to begin with.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

People who are illegals should not be getting state and federal aid. Only in Washington would the cessation of an expenditure having no legal basis for occurring be considered a savings.

But they are.  One way is that children born in the United States to illegal parents are eligible for all welfare programs. (Reason why we need to return to intent of law)  And that is almost every illegal immigrant family.  The cost in Education alone is staggering.  Free lunches, special classes for immigrants......etc.  In Washington we also have free lunches for kids to the age of 18 all summer long.  No need to apply or anything.  You have the cost to jail illegal immigrants also when they commit crimes.  Emergency care is huge also.

illegal immigrants do not qualify for Federal grants for college but they get state grants. 

https://fairus.org/issue/publications-resources/fiscal-burden-illegal-immigration-united-states-taxpayers
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:16:56 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LauraTXNM

@Chosen Daughter, you are right!  This is the thing -- even if the illegal immigrants themselves don't qualify, their kids do.  And I don't think we will ever agree nationally to changing the citizenship birthright.  So American children of illegal immigrants are just as entitled to services as my son is.

In CA, even undocumented kids qualify for healthcare and education.  I can understand why, too -- we're all better off if these kids (who as long as they are here affect everyone) are vaccinated against communicable disease and are in school rather than running around and begging or something.  I think that was a huge flaw of CA's Proposition 187 from Gov. Pete Wilson -- it would have caused a huge public health crisis, among other problems.

Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter, you are right!  This is the thing -- even if the illegal immigrants themselves don't qualify, their kids do.  And I don't think we will ever agree nationally to changing the citizenship birthright.  So American children of illegal immigrants are just as entitled to services as my son is.

In CA, even undocumented kids qualify for healthcare and education.  I can understand why, too -- we're all better off if these kids (who as long as they are here affect everyone) are vaccinated against communicable disease and are in school rather than running around and begging or something.  I think that was a huge flaw of CA's Proposition 187 from Gov. Pete Wilson -- it would have caused a huge public health crisis, among other problems.

Yeah I am right but you are wrong. 

https://fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/birthright-citizenship

I don't want to provide education nor do I want them begging.  I want them out.  I am tired of paying for them.  Every year my property tax goes up to pay for the rising cost of education and welfare.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I don't want to provide education nor do I want them begging.  I want them out.  I am tired of paying for them.  Every year my property tax goes up to pay for the rising cost of education and welfare.

@Chosen Daughter   I want them out also, but if you really do, you'd better stick with the Republican Party.  The democrats want them here and want sanctuary cities.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LauraTXNM

@Chosen Daughter  I'm just saying, that I don't think the citizenship rules will be changing, whether anyone likes it or not.

Online roamer_1

@Chosen Daughter   I want them out also, but if you really do, you'd better stick with the Republican Party.  The democrats want them here and want sanctuary cities.

*SNORT*

Online Hoodat

In CA, even undocumented kids qualify for healthcare and education.  I can understand why, too -- we're all better off if these kids (who as long as they are here affect everyone) are vaccinated against communicable disease and are in school rather than running around and begging or something.

The problem here is that California now ranks dead last (50th) in education.

My contention all along has been that if we stop giving out free stuff, then we take away the incentive for leeches.  But for those who want to come here and work hard, start businesses, and get a piece of the American Dream, they have my blessing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Agreed.  Build a wall and deportation.  Nothing less.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

@Chosen Daughter

A big  :thumbsup: to that

Offline libertybele

My contention all along has been that if we stop giving out free stuff, then we take away the incentive for leeches.  But for those who want to come here and work hard, start businesses, and get a piece of the American Dream, they have my blessing.

Those who are interested in coming here to work, or start a business and assimilate to American culture, can do so. LEGALLY.  I have no problem with LEGAL immigration.

Offline Chosen Daughter

That is pretty sad education alright.  Here in Washington we are taxed heavily for education.  Almost every election they want more money but they aren't showing anything for it either.  When I started my family I didn't realize that I would have to raise other people's also.  Its a struggle and I don't vote for schools anymore.  Can't afford too but these levies always pass.  We also buy school supplies for all the children at the beginning of the year.  You send your child with what was on the list and they are asking you to get more pencils in a month.  Because they give what you buy for your child out to other children.

illegals come and give birth to two or three children.  They qualify for all of the welfare.  Most know how to work the system.  They don't marry so that they can continue to get all the goods.  Cash, health, dental.....  Things I struggle to provide for my own family.  And lots work under the table or work reduced hours to make sure the benefits still flow.

Offline jpsb

Those who are interested in coming here to work, or start a business and assimilate to American culture, can do so. LEGALLY.  I have no problem with LEGAL immigration.

Agreed with are short changing American kids education by filling our schools with illegals that do
not want to assimilation, reject our culture and disrupt our kids education. We used to be #1
in education now we are close to last amongst first world nations.

Online roamer_1

Nail, head, etc.