Author Topic: House Dems see chance for big gains in Pennsylvania  (Read 497 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Dems see chance for big gains in Pennsylvania
« on: March 13, 2018, 01:48:30 pm »
House Dems see chance for big gains in Pennsylvania
By Scott Wong and Mike Lillis - 03/13/18 06:00 AM EDT

Pennsylvania could see a dramatic change in its congressional delegation beginning Tuesday, with at least six of its 18 House districts changing hands.

New congressional district lines combined with retirements and political turmoil in the Trump era have Democrats hoping to make sizable gains in a lopsided delegation that now includes five Democrats and 13 Republicans.

One Pennsylvania GOP source closely watching the House races said if Democrats run the table in November, they could take control of the House delegation, winning 10 of the 18 seats.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/378039-house-dems-see-chance-for-big-gains-in-pennsylvania
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: House Dems see chance for big gains in Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:49:49 pm »
PA Dems owe a huge debt of gratitude to the PA Supreme Court for seizing the power to draw congressional districts.  So do the rest of the Dems in the House in DeeCee.  That one power grab will drop as many as six seats into Democrat hands without changing a single citizens' vote.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:01:26 pm »
PA Dems owe a huge debt of gratitude to the PA Supreme Court for seizing the power to draw congressional districts.  So do the rest of the Dems in the House in DeeCee.  That one power grab will drop as many as six seats into Democrat hands without changing a single citizens' vote.

No. This is the old district the election is in. The Rats owe a kiss to the state GOP for propping this fat do nothing old man Suckone up to run in this election.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 03:14:16 pm »
No. This is the old district the election is in. The Rats owe a kiss to the state GOP for propping this fat do nothing old man Suckone up to run in this election.

That is correct as far as today's election goes.  November is what I was talking about....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 03:23:38 pm »

I have said repeatedly that the GOP needs fresh young faces..the Dems are doing this but we continue to prop up these old white guys....if you believe the polls the GOP will lose this seat..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 03:43:00 pm »
I have said repeatedly that the GOP needs fresh young faces..the Dems are doing this but we continue to prop up these old white guys....if you believe the polls the GOP will lose this seat..

You mean like Bernie Sanders?

As for the polls, no, I don't believe them, but that doesn't mean I think the (R) is going to pull this out, it just means I have no idea....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 03:46:59 pm »
Anyone else tired of all the goddam Hill stories being posted here? "Big Gains" winning one House seat? It is a gain of one out of 435. That isn't even .5% of the House for Christ's sakes.

This type of garbage is the stuff DU plays with themselves over.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 04:13:57 pm »
Anyone else tired of all the goddam Hill stories being posted here? "Big Gains" winning one House seat? It is a gain of one out of 435. That isn't even .5% of the House for Christ's sakes.

The only term that bores me more than that is "Bellwether Election."  Any port in a storm for the liberal press.
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 04:50:02 pm »

Fine, Frank.....what are the best sources?  Here's a list of 'the 50 most conservative.'  Some are laugh out loud funny.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/50-top-conservative-websites-in-2017/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 07:19:29 pm »

Yes, the GOP does need some younger candidates, but I disagree that the Dems are doing that.

The dems are throwing out people like Oprah, Michelle, Biden against the wall just to see if anyone sticks.  I wouldn't be surprised if they drug Chelsea out.  She has just written a book that I may wait a few years to read.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 07:21:36 pm »

Hah!  The desperation is strong is these people.  I will be very surprised if things work out well for the democrats.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 07:24:35 pm »

Fine, Frank.....what are the best sources?  Here's a list of 'the 50 most conservative.'  Some are laugh out loud funny.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/50-top-conservative-websites-in-2017/

I don't give a shit about that. The Hill is a Commie outfit that takes questionable unsourced news from other outlets and puts a Leftist spin on it. Does this election revolve around "Big Gains" in the House? Will Pelosi become Speaker tomorrow because of the outcome of this election? Does this election revolve around rotten candidates or the Trump agenda?

This worthless election, which will have the winner running right away for reelection in November, is a blip. It has no meaning outside of the fact that Suckone is a typical PA GOP hack that should lose because he is a piece of shit ruining the state.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 07:33:32 pm »
I don't give a shit about that. The Hill is a Commie outfit that takes questionable unsourced news from other outlets and puts a Leftist spin on it. Does this election revolve around "Big Gains" in the House? Will Pelosi become Speaker tomorrow because of the outcome of this election? Does this election revolve around rotten candidates or the Trump agenda?

This worthless election, which will have the winner running right away for reelection in November, is a blip. It has no meaning outside of the fact that Suckone is a typical PA GOP hack that should lose because he is a piece of shit ruining the state.

You'd be in a better position to know about Saccone.  He hasn't gotten much nationwide coverage to display faults the way another certain guy from a red area did.  Problem is, you'll have two special elections that were lost and shouldn't have been.  That won't make the nation blue overnight, but it'll make tough races more difficult.

Obviously, the PA redistricting nonsense will be a factor in elections later this year.  Will there be a blue wave?  Doubtful that it will be huge, but a 24 seat House flip isn't out of the question.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:34:58 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 07:52:27 pm »
There was a primary and a runoff.  You should be angry at voters.  I know I am.