Author Topic: IN HIS FINAL YEAR IN OFFICE OBAMA Spent Stunning $36.2 MILLION On Lawsuits To Hide Federal Records F  (Read 509 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

100% Fed Up
Mar 13, 2018

In addition to being the most divisive President in America’s history, it appears as though Barack Obama and his regime will also go down as the least transparent administration in history…

According to CBS -The Obama administration in its final year in office spent a record $36.2 million on legal costs defending its refusal to turn over federal records under the Freedom of Information Act, according to an Associated Press analysis of new U.S. data that also showed poor performance in other categories measuring transparency in government.

For a second consecutive year, the Obama administration set a record for times federal employees told citizens, journalists and others that despite searching they couldn’t find a single page of files that were requested.

And it set records for outright denial of access to files, refusing to quickly consider requests described as especially newsworthy, and forcing people to pay for records who had asked the government to waive search and copy fees.

The government acknowledged when challenged that it had been wrong to initially refuse to turn over all or parts of records in more than one-third of such cases, the highest rate in at least six years.

In courtrooms, the number of lawsuits filed by news organizations under the Freedom of Information Act surged during the past four years, led by the New York Times, Center for Public Integrity and The Associated Press, according to a litigation study by the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University. The AP on Monday settled its 2015 lawsuit against the State Department for files about Hillary Clinton’s time as secretary of state, at AP’s request, and received $150,546 from the department to cover part of its legal fees.

(more)
https://100percentfedup.com/final-year-office-obama-spent-stunning-36-2-million-lawsuits-hide-federal-records-public/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Why does this not surprise me?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What's the normal annual cost in fighting/responding to FOIA act requests to show a comparison of how out of bounds these are and how much the government usually spends to block FOIA requests? 

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
What's the normal annual cost in fighting/responding to FOIA act requests to show a comparison of how out of bounds these are and how much the government usually spends to block FOIA requests?

This is a great question.  I'm looking for info right now.

In the meantime, here's some more detail about this report.  But watch out -- it's from PBS Newshour, so reading it might blind you ;).  https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/obamas-final-year-u-s-spent-36-million-foia-lawsuits
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Lots of great info in this doc.  Particularly check out pages 2, 16, and 19 -- the latter has a graph that shows the answer to your question [Not out of bounds in relation to the other years in the data, but due to a change in reporting in 2008 the data set unfortunately only includes 2009-2016].

https://www.justice.gov/oip/reports/fy_2016_annual_report_summary.pdf/download

@AbaraXas
@LauraTXNM
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member