Author Topic: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State  (Read 14624 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2018, 07:29:06 pm »
@Victoria33,

Don't know what happened to my last post.

The Trilateralist, along with an assist from diabolical men from Mars, made sure your post disappeared. If that post got out to the public the whole Illuminati conspiracy would be laid bare. 

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2018, 07:30:20 pm »
I don't think calling Trump a moron helped to endear him to the president. Sounds like Tillerson
was a Bush republican. If so I am glad he is gone. Bushism needs to be stamped out.

And you have got the feet to stomp out the "Bushism."

I was waiting for you to post something like that!  Love your avitar!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

BassWrangler

« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2018, 07:31:34 pm »
Simple. Trump wasn’t a career politician when he came in. Being new to the world of Washington politics, and wanting to appear bipartisan to smooth things over after a divisive election, he relied on the pros in government for suggestions. So, when those picks failed him he fires them. Like Rush said today, a year into the job Trump’s now relying on his own instincts, those same instincts that made him a winner in his business career.

Tillerson was not the recommended pick of washington insiders. He was the CEO of Exxon, not a career government guy, and was touted as one of Trumps outsider picks.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2018, 07:32:02 pm »
Simple. Trump wasn’t a career politician when he came in. Being new to the world of Washington politics, and wanting to appear bipartisan to smooth things over after a divisive election, he relied on the pros in government for suggestions. So, when those picks failed him he fires them. Like Rush said today, a year into the job Trump’s now relying on his own instincts, those same instincts that made him a winner in his business career.

@aligncare   Good post.  People loved the fact that Trump was not a career politician and he certainly was not.

His first year would have gone much smoother if he had been.  Some can enjoy a good laugh at the many changes in the first year but if they are changes for the better and involve a learning experience, what's wrong with that.

One thing I do like about Trump is that he does what he feels he should do without worrying about how it looks.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2018, 07:34:33 pm »
So I guess that's your way of saying you can't provide a link like you were asked to provide.

Got it.  Chalk this one up to fake news I guess.   **nononono*

I was in the middle of a 6-1/2 hr road trip.

There is no link.

Suffice to say that I'll believe Rush's take on things before yours.   

....or MSNBC's
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2018, 07:42:27 pm »

There is no link.

....or MSNBC's

Well...you'll be the only one.

BTW...the reporting I'm hearing that contradicts yours...has all been on Fox since about 0830 this morning.

Now unless they are secretly getting their info from MSNBC...you failed...again...with the Liberal news smear attempt.

Try harder next time ok?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2018, 07:48:15 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2018, 07:50:25 pm »
And you have got the feet to stomp out the "Bushism."

I was waiting for you to post something like that!  Love your avatar!

That reminds me..."Why do elephants have flat feet?"

(Sigh.  10 minutes.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:50:41 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2018, 07:52:56 pm »

There is no link.

....or MSNBC's

"Versions" are flying fast and loose today, DC.  That's why I decided when I got up this morning and heard the news that I would reserve judgement on what just went down for a day of so.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2018, 07:59:34 pm »
Tillerson was not the recommended pick of washington insiders. He was the CEO of Exxon, not a career government guy, and was touted as one of Trumps outsider picks.

Tillerson was, indeed, recommended by Washington insiders @BassWrangler

GOP heavyweights with ties to Exxon pushed Tillerson
CNN, Dec 13, 2016. Theodore Schleifer, Elise Labott and Gregory Krieg

Washington (CNN) — President-elect Donald Trump leaned on a collection of Republican foreign policy veterans for guidance in selecting ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his nominee for secretary of state, according to sources familiar with the process.

Condoleezza Rice, Robert Gates, Stephen Hadley and James Baker, all of whom have business dealings with the oil giant, played a crucial role in convincing Trump's team to select Tillerson to become America's top diplomat.

A source familiar with discussions over the nomination said that Vice President-elect Mike Pence reached out to Rice and Stephen Hadley, who served as George W. Bush's national security adviser, a few weeks ago asking for good candidates for secretary of state and other positions.

More: https://www.cnn.com/2016/12/13/politics/rex-tillerson-robert-gates-condoleezza-rice/index.html

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:03:20 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #235 on: March 13, 2018, 07:59:45 pm »
Well...you'll be the only one.

BTW...the reporting I'm hearing that contradicts yours...has all been on Fox since about 0830 this morning.

Now unless they are secretly getting their info from MSNBC...you failed...again...with the Liberal news smear attempt.

Try harder next time ok?

If you truly believe that President Trump fired Rex Tillerson with no conversation but rather simply a tweet, you're delusional.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2018, 08:01:47 pm »
If you truly believe that President Trump fired Rex Tillerson with no conversation but rather simply a tweet, you're delusional.

Apparently, he was and it was over the Iran deal negotiations.

White House allies warned Tillerson's senior staff for weeks that efforts to save the nuclear deal and balk on Trump's key demands regarding the deal could cost Tillerson his job, a warning that became reality Tuesday when Trump fired Tillerson by tweet.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/tillerson-fired-rogue-bid-save-iran-nuke-deal/
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2018, 08:04:09 pm »
I just got word that Harry Frawlish of Mandan North Dakota not only knew who Tillerson was, but he also is sad at the news. He is the president of the National Gas Station Freebie Club and had an Exxon fetish.

I am saddened deeply, too.

But lay off my tiger parts, okay?

I got into this thread late, as per norm.  And now I must go grocery shopping.  LOL!

Have a great time!

I think @Cyber Liberty is in here, too.  I can never find anyone.  You have to learn more 'puter stuff for that.  Ewwwww.  Icky.  I know nothing!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2018, 08:06:19 pm »
"Versions" are flying fast and loose today, DC.  That's why I decided when I got up this morning and heard the news that I would reserve judgement on what just went down for a day of so.

Well, I'm all in on Rush Limbaugh's take/opinion.

Are you in?  Or do you fold?

The only reason Donald Trump would have done it merely in a tweet? 

To tell Tillerson where to put his gravitas and embarrass him.   Poor bastard never had anybody stand up to him.  EVER!!

Not even Putin.  Instead, he was given an Official Seal of Friendship from Russia after signing lucrative oil deals with the State-owned refineries.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2018, 08:06:21 pm »

White House allies warned Tillerson's senior staff for weeks that efforts to save the nuclear deal and balk on Trump's key demands regarding the deal could cost Tillerson his job, a warning that became reality Tuesday when Trump fired Tillerson by tweet.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/tillerson-fired-rogue-bid-save-iran-nuke-deal/

@edpc

Fox is also reporting this afternoon that Kelly told Tillerson on Friday to "watch the President's twitter feed over the weekend".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2018, 08:14:54 pm »

listen to Tillerson..he said Trump called from AF1 today informing him he was fired
I also posted Rush's comments
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,307869.0.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2018, 08:20:08 pm »
listen to Tillerson..he said Trump called from AF1 today informing him he was fired

Conversation....THEN tweet.   Got it, thanks.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2018, 08:23:06 pm »
Conversation....THEN tweet.   Got it, thanks.

Only problem is...if he called Tillerson from AF1...that was done AFTER the tweet.  Trump didn't get on AF1 at Andrews AFB until somewhere around 10am this morning.  The tweet as well as the breaking story about Tillerson being gone at State had already been out for 90 minutes.

They were asking Trump about the firing before he boarded Marine One to take him to the plane to fly to San Diego.

So NO...it was the tweet then the phone call.

The version you WISH had happened isn't correct. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:23:58 pm by txradioguy »

Offline corbe

« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2018, 08:24:44 pm »
   Rush is no longer a credible source for anything, Trump could indeed shot someone on 5th Avenue and Rush would say that the SOB tried to buy my TEA with a stolen credit card.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2018, 08:28:17 pm »

He says he doesn’t know why he was fired. Well, let me try to help out here. If you’re butting heads with the president on three key issues… Tillerson said nothing was gonna happen on North Korea. He was not even told that that deal had been made to go accept the invitation from Kim Jong-un.

Rush makes no sense.  Trump was the one who said this was a waste of time.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 08:29:03 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2018, 08:29:12 pm »

So the guy who was previously the CEO of the second largest company in the world was surprised at getting fired for undercutting his boss?

That s the story?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2018, 08:33:54 pm »

@mystery-ak

.@JohnRobertsFox: WH source tells Fox News John Kelly called Tillerson Friday to tell him POTUS wanted him to step aside. Tillerson asked if POTUS could wait for him to get back from his Africa trip to pull the trigger. Tillerson landed 4 am Andrews AFB. POTUS pulled trigger.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2018, 08:34:27 pm »
The SOS went rogue and was negotiating a way to keep the Iran deal in place with our European Allies.

Tillerson was also against withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement and moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

Tillerson may be a swell guy, but it sure appears he was working for the EU.

Yes, but we knew that from the beginning.  I posted that Tillerson was a bad choice back when Trump made the choice.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2018, 08:35:15 pm »
So the guy who was previously the CEO of the second largest company in the world was surprised at getting fired for undercutting his boss?

That s the story?

I read that Tillerson used to give employees in corporate about 3 weeks notice before they were officially fired because it was the right thing to do. Never just sent out a memo and locked offices. That would be rude.