Author Topic: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State  (Read 14585 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State
« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2018, 06:22:54 pm »
Thomas Jefferson would disagree with you on that.

As bad as the State Department can be, diplomacy is an important part of what actually DOES make America great.

Not to mention the fact that, if you're overseas and have any kind of issue, you go to a US Embassy for the help you need.

Just because Trump is clueless about diplomacy doesn't mean that it should be abandoned.

Diplomacy is one thing and being sold out at every turn by a bunch of commie pinkos in the Department of State is quite another.  Unfortunately the latter has been what's happened with regularity for most of the 20th and 21st centuries.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2018, 06:44:18 pm »

Another day at the Trump  White House.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2018, 06:44:45 pm »
Then he should have worked that out before nominating Tillerson. Pompeo may be a great SoS; I hope he is! What concerns me is, if Tillerson wasn’t the right guy, how inthe heck was he nominated to begin with?

Simple. Trump wasn’t a career politician when he came in. Being new to the world of Washington politics, and wanting to appear bipartisan to smooth things over after a divisive election, he relied on the pros in government for suggestions. So, when those picks failed him he fires them. Like Rush said today, a year into the job Trump’s now relying on his own instincts, those same instincts that made him a winner in his business career.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2018, 06:50:41 pm »
@driftdiver

"But don't let the facts disrupt your preconceived notions."
I don't do word fights like you are trying to start.  I posted news about the tweet according to a news organization saying it.  If someone leaked it, Trump could have called Tillerson then rather than putting it in a tweet.  Regardless of how it happened, it appears Tillerson found out by reading a tweet.

1) President Trump told Tillerson he was fired on Friday.   PERSONALLY.

2) The wire story that Rex Tillerson "got ill" on said Friday was complete BS.   He already knew he was gone.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2018, 06:53:11 pm »

2) The wire story that Rex Tillerson "got ill" on said Friday was complete BS.   He already knew he was gone.

@DCPatriot
Tillersons response is just further affirmation that Trump should have fired him earlier.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2018, 06:56:40 pm »

DC please provide a link re Trump personally telling him Friday..I have been all over the net abd have not seen that..they have reported that Clark told him it would happen soon and Tillerson found out  this morning in a tweet by Trump..and Trump later called him from AF1

btw Tillerson thanked everyone today except Trump.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2018, 06:58:19 pm »
@mystery-ak

Bob listened to Tillerson speak - said his voice was not his regular voice - it was also obvious he was trembling - Bob said Tillerson is extremely angry to sound like that.  Bob no longer a Trump apologist after Trump treating Tillerson this way.  Trump firing the second SOS man a few hours ago, just added to his disgust of Trump doing this.  Won't post on this thread again as the Trump slaughter should be over today. 

Now, have to see how Penn. special election comes out today.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2018, 06:59:34 pm »
Probably assumed that because as the head of Exxon and dealing with other global CEO's it would translate to an ability to deal with world leaders.

But as we're learning...skill in the board room doesn't equate to skill at the negotiating table.

Tillerson had a position where HE told everybody what to do.   He even told people outside of Exxon what to do.   He crafted personal relationships with dictators in countries where he did business.

In terms of negotiating skills, he's got that well covered, IMO.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2018, 07:00:24 pm »
DC please provide a link re Trump personally telling him Friday..I have been all over the net abd have not seen that..they have reported that Clark told him it would happen soon and Tillerson found out  this morning in a tweet by Trump..and Trump later called him from AF1

It will so up later in the Rush transcripts.   @mystery-ak

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2018, 07:01:29 pm »

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread.  We're back to the "fired by Tweet" version?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2018, 07:01:39 pm »
Probably assumed that because as the head of Exxon and dealing with other global CEO's it would translate to an ability to deal with world leaders.

But as we're learning...skill in the board room doesn't equate to skill at the negotiating table.

Sure it does - skill in the boardroom requires a lot of diplomacy and, surprisingly to many here, integrity.  If your people don't trust you, it causes chaos and upheavals.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2018, 07:03:53 pm »
Will anyone notice?

Perhaps his family.  Ya think?

But, not me.

**nononono*
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2018, 07:11:20 pm »
@txradioguy

NO, I just heard he found out he was fired by reading a tweet by Trump.  Trump is a miserable twerp (is twerp a word?)

"Twerp" is a word.  Informal noun.  The definition is:  A silly or annoying person.

I do believe that is the word you wanted.

I love words!

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2018, 07:13:08 pm »
Hate to see Tillerson go. Pretty crass and low class way to let him know.

I certainly don't know enough to have very firm or precise opinions but from where I sit--hate to see such.

@Victoria33
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 07:13:41 pm by Quix »
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2018, 07:16:10 pm »
No ... check the Washington Post @Victoria33 .... they print all the leaks they receive.

Perhaps soon, there might not be any leaks.  The President may be plugging all of the loose canons.

D.C. is gossip city.

*****rollingeyes*****

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2018, 07:17:50 pm »
@mystery-ak

Bob listened to Tillerson speak - said his voice was not his regular voice - it was also obvious he was trembling - Bob said Tillerson is extremely angry to sound like that.  Bob no longer a Trump apologist after Trump treating Tillerson this way.  Trump firing the second SOS man a few hours ago, just added to his disgust of Trump doing this.  Won't post on this thread again as the Trump slaughter should be over today. 

I met Rex Tillerson briefly 40 something years ago and know nothing of what he became since.  Pretty sure Bob is in the same boat!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2018, 07:18:51 pm »
Perhaps his family.  Ya think?

But, not me.

**nononono*

I just got word that Harry Frawlish of Mandan North Dakota not only knew who Tillerson was, but he also is sad at the news. He is the president of the National Gas Station Freebie Club and had an Exxon fetish.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2018, 07:19:14 pm »
.@JohnRobertsFox: WH source tells Fox News John Kelly called Tillerson Friday to tell him POTUS wanted him to step aside. Tillerson asked if POTUS could wait for him to get back from his Africa trip to pull the trigger. Tillerson landed 4 am Andrews AFB. POTUS pulled trigger.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2018, 07:20:06 pm »
Perhaps soon, there might not be any leaks.  The President may be plugging all of the loose canons.

D.C. is gossip city.

*****rollingeyes*****

"Plugging all of the loose canons?"

(Arrrgh.  Weekly meeting from heck in 40 minutes...)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2018, 07:22:04 pm »
Hate to see Tillerson go. Pretty crass and low class way to let him know.

I certainly don't know enough to have very firm or precise opinions but from where I sit--hate to see such.

@Victoria33

The SOS went rogue and was negotiating a way to keep the Iran deal in place with our European Allies.

Tillerson was also against withdrawal from the Paris Climate Agreement and moving the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

Tillerson may be a swell guy, but it sure appears he was working for the EU.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2018, 07:22:51 pm »
@mystery-ak

Again, according to Rush's show today.....

Goldstein...Tillerson's undersecretary, was fired for putting out a statement that contradicted the White House's version.

This was discussed just prior to Rush's claiming that Tillerson's illness in Africa was fabricated BS.

Oh...he was sick alright.  ....from getting booted.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2018, 07:23:19 pm »
Of course Tillerson is aware ... we're all aware of why he's out.  He disagreed -- publicly --- with the POTUS on major policy initiatives.

I hope he doesn't spend the next week whining about this ... it's unbecoming behavior from a former global CEO.

Perhaps Tillerson and Hillary can get together for a hot toddy and compare notes. 

Bad me, I know.  I do hate the whining, also.  He knew he was going to be fired.  You do not bad mouth the President's policies.  So he knew.  No doubt in my mind.

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2018, 07:26:01 pm »
@Victoria33,

Don't know what happened to my last post.

1. Evidently Tillerson and POTUS have been discussing their different perspectives for some time. So the allegation that Tillerson had no idea is not quite accurate.

2. IF Tillerson found out by tweet, that was really low class and crass.

3. I liked Tillerson. Sad to see him go.

4. POTUS seems to think that the new SOS is much more of a similar mind and thought process. Time will tell.

5. I realize that POTUS TRUMP will never be able to redeem himself in your eyes, Victoria. And that besides, that, in your view, his mother dresses him funny.

6. Trump certainly has his obvious flaws. Nevertheless, as long as God is choosing to use him, and as long as I can see him doing great things against a list of evils, he'll continue to have my firm support.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2018, 07:26:40 pm »

Yeah and you can expect the issue of torture and evidence destruction to be resurrected by the media.

@edpc aaaaaand right on cue Shemp Smith is going on and on about how Haspel ran black ops sites that water boarded terrorists for information.

Keeps repeating that plus..."that's torture folks"...then paraphrased some quote of Trumps from the campaign regarding the topic.

I sure will be glad when Fox finally shows his ass the door and he can go he happily homosexual over at CNN with his pal Don Lemmon.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2018, 07:28:05 pm »
Again, according to Rush's show today.....

Goldstein...Tillerson's undersecretary, was fired for putting out a statement that contradicted the White House's version.

This was discussed just prior to Rush's claiming that Tillerson's illness in Africa was fabricated BS.

Oh...he was sick alright.  ....from getting booted.

So I guess that's your way of saying you can't provide a link like you were asked to provide.

Got it.  Chalk this one up to fake news I guess.   **nononono*
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!