Author Topic: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State  (Read 14518 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State
« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2018, 05:48:45 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
I don't fire people who were good.  I may lay them off but have never fired someone who was a good team member.   If things just aren't working I'll give them a couple months severance to tide them over finding a new job.

Large companies do it from the mind set that they can hire someone cheaper, at least the HR people do.   They generally don't value experience or contributions made in the past.   

My company is very small and its going to stay that way.   I've met my sales goals for the year and only need to deliver for customers.   Working on sales for next year and saving money.    About 4 years and I'll be able to retire.

Congratulations on your success!  When you retire, will you sell the company, turn it over to your kids, or hang onto it with trusted management?  Have you decided?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2018, 05:49:50 pm »
I don't want to brag, but when I was sleeping with Madeline Allbright she told me that Obama wanted to fire Kerry and install John Bolton. He just ran out of time in his last term.

That's not gross and disturbing at all.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2018, 05:51:47 pm »
That's not gross and disturbing at all.

That wasn't. When she passed me off to Kofi Annon it became that.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2018, 05:55:53 pm »
I don't want to brag, but when I was sleeping with Madeline Allbright ...
There are lines Frank.... lines of decorum, public decency, and just plain good manners.

No human should have to contemplate in their mind's eye - you sharing a bed with Notsobright.

We know you are a gigalo - but why shatter our belief that you possessed a modicum of self respect?

Did Madeline slip you a roofie or were you on heroin and scotch at the time?
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2018, 05:56:44 pm »
Tillerson will be speaking shortly
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2018, 05:57:25 pm »
Congratulations on your success!  When you retire, will you sell the company, turn it over to your kids, or hang onto it with trusted management?  Have you decided?

@LauraTXNM

Probably sell off the business, which means selling the customers and move on.  Kids have no interest in it and I wouldnt recommend it to them.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2018, 05:58:28 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
I don't fire people who were good.  I may lay them off but have never fired someone who was a good team member.   If things just aren't working I'll give them a couple months severance to tide them over finding a new job.

Large companies do it from the mind set that they can hire someone cheaper, at least the HR people do.   They generally don't value experience or contributions made in the past.   

My company is very small and its going to stay that way.   I've met my sales goals for the year and only need to deliver for customers.   Working on sales for next year and saving money.    About 4 years and I'll be able to retire.

That's why people who are good at managing don't like to work for large companies.  One of the best production managers I ever knew had to lay off a whole team of people.  Then he went home and ate his pistol. :crying:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2018, 05:59:29 pm »
There are lines Frank.... lines of decorum, public decency, and just plain good manners.

No human should have to contemplate in their mind's eye - you sharing a bed with Notsobright.

We know you are a gigalo - but why shatter our belief that you possessed a modicum of self respect?

Did Madeline slip you a roofie or were you on heroin and scotch at the time?

I'm not sure you should be picking on Frank for his weird fetishes.  He certainly wouldn't be the only man in the world that has a thing for midgets. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2018, 06:00:51 pm »
@Sanguine
Sure it was, you were saying that Trump should have taken the time to speak with Tillerson in person.   Because Tillerson was the SoS.    While that is the optimium and Trump seems to do that with people who have served him well.

Tillerson has repeatedly and publicly conflicted with Trump since he got the job.  After it became public Tillerson wasn't involved in the NK announcement any honorable person would have resigned immediately.

No, I didn't say any of that.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2018, 06:01:24 pm »
I don't want to brag, but when I was sleeping with Madeline Allbright she told me that Obama wanted to fire Kerry and install John Bolton. He just ran out of time in his last term.

I don't blame you, Frank.  The profane cleaning lady thing is a powerful draw.

"When a bunch of Albanians mistook Madeleine Albright for a hotel cleaning lady, the secretary of state spewed a most-undiplomatic, and untranslatable, stream of invective, a newspaper reports. A State Department spokesman wouldn't comment on the New York Daily News report that Albright was mistaken for a maid during last year's peace negotiations for Kosovo in Rambouillet, France. Albright at first wasn't recognized by the Albanian delegation when she walked into their room, it said.

"'One member of the delegation, who didn't realize who she was, and probably thinking she was some cleaning lady because it was after midnight, simply said to her, 'Give us five minutes and please go away,' recalled Albanian diplomat Dugagjin Gorani in War on Europe, a British TV program. Instead, Albright exploded in rage, swearing at the group, according to the reports. 'Mrs. Albright started using explicit language which the translators never could translate into Albanian,' says Veton Surroi, another member of the delegation."
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2018, 06:02:38 pm »
Its really mind boggling how much the NTs arguments match that of the radical left.   ...

If you think that, you don't understand the arguments.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »
If you think that, you don't understand the arguments.

Bingo!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2018, 06:03:31 pm »
Really...I find it common courtesy to be fired by the person who hired you..if that makes me a Lib so be it.

No, it makes you a decent human being.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2018, 06:05:10 pm »
No, it makes you a decent human being.

And someone who understands executive responsibility.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2018, 06:05:47 pm »
@mystery-ak
Its a quaint idea that is being surpassed by the legal liability of doing it.   So Trump has probably gotten out of the habit.

I run a small company and have to do the firing.   I always have a witness present but even then I have had people go into fits of rage, try to start arguments, or try getting me to say something.  For example when I fired the guy who sexually harassed my HR lady he started throwing stuff, hitting the walls, shouting and threatening me.

It's unfortunate you had to deal with that.  I've been there too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2018, 06:10:08 pm »
I think I finally stopped being astounded a couple weeks ago with the "well get to due process later" remark.

That may have been the high water mark for me, as well.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2018, 06:10:19 pm »
Serious question (a necessary preface because of some non-complimentary words that came my way yesterday):  Have you had to fire anybody who worked with integrity?  Curious because I work for a large corporation, and I see solid people being laid off all the time, and I wonder what that's like from the managerial side.

You didn't ask, but I'll answer for me - no, I have not laid off people who work well and with integrity.  I have laid off some very "nice" people though.  They just didn't do a good job in the position they were hired to fill.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2018, 06:11:25 pm »
I am sure this won't be a popular suggestion, but Ivanka could probably soften the rudeness if she'd ask her father.

Now, that's someone I would like to see fired.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2018, 06:12:20 pm »
It's unfortunate you had to deal with that.  I've been there too.

I spent my entire corporate career avoiding management gigs because I didn't want to deal with that stuff.  I probably could have gotten more pay, but I didn't need the aggravation of having to manage people.  With my luck I'd get stuck with employees like me. **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2018, 06:13:44 pm »
The hits just keep on coming......

Steve Goldstein, Rex Tillerson's top spokesman at the State Department, was fired Tuesday for contradicting the official administration account of Tillerson's firing, a White House official told NBC News.

A State Department official confirmed the firing of Goldstein, who was an Under Secretary of State, to NBC News, as well.

Goldstein had only been in post since Dec. 4.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/white-house-fires-top-tillerson-161500490.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2018, 06:15:30 pm »
I'm not sure you should be picking on Frank for his weird fetishes.  He certainly wouldn't be the only man in the world that has a thing for midgets.

Midgets are one thing. 

You can use them for bowling balls.

But, Orcs are quite another.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2018, 06:15:47 pm »
I spent my entire corporate career avoiding management gigs because I didn't want to deal with that stuff.  I probably could have gotten more pay, but I didn't need the aggravation of having to manage people.  With my luck I'd get stuck with employees like me. **nononono*

It can be very challenging.   :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2018, 06:16:41 pm »
You didn't ask, but I'll answer for me - no, I have not laid off people who work well and with integrity.  I have laid off some very "nice" people though.  They just didn't do a good job in the position they were hired to fill.

I've been working in an industry that's been shrinking for years, so eventually you run out of the good people not doing a good job, and have to start throwing people who were doing the job out of the boat.  Thus sticking the work with other people who used to be able to do their job until the the group became understaffed and overworked. :shrug:  Now nobody can do the jobs they used to well, and everything gets slip shod.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2018, 06:17:57 pm »
I've been working in an industry that's been shrinking for years, so eventually you run out of the good people not doing a good job, and have to start throwing people who were doing the job out of the boat.  Thus sticking the work with other people who used to be able to do their job until the the group became understaffed and overworked. :shrug:  Now nobody can do the jobs they used to well, and everything gets slip shod.

Yeah, that's very rough.  Good management should make it more doable though.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2018, 06:22:19 pm »
Yeah, that's very rough.  Good management should make it more doable though.

The correct way to do it is to resize the scope of the group to match the available manpower.  That's where most companies manage to kill themselves by layoff.  The green eyeshade guys are pleased as punch at the reduction in bottom line costs because of the headcount reduction, and the company crashes to the earth in failure because of all the project failures.
I will NOT comply.