Author Topic: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State  (Read 14529 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2018, 05:25:04 pm »
So let me get this straight; you think we're libs and because of that with Trump it's anything goes.  Do I have that about right?

@RoosGirl nah they don't think we're Libs because of that...they think we're Libs because we don't agree with destructive tariffs...increased gas taxes...increasing the federal debt and giving amnesty to 1.6 million illegal aliens in this country...oh and because we believe in the 4th and 2nd Amendment as they were written.

That is why they think we're Libs.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:25:21 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2018, 05:25:12 pm »
I don't see Tillerson trying to punch although he probably would like to.

Why don;t you just send your secretary out to fire the employee you want to get rid of..

@mystery-ak
Looking at the posts it seems the only that that gets any traction here is the attack Trump threads.    Very little serious discussion on any other topic.   Perhaps I'm part of the problem and should just keep my mouth shut.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2018, 05:26:19 pm »
Tillerson seemed like he was miserable anyway... anyone else pick up on that?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2018, 05:26:24 pm »
Apparently State Dept spokesperson Goldstein has now been fired, as well ;(.

@LauraTXNM
They could keep going to the last State Dept employee and make America stronger.   

Offline musiclady

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2018, 05:28:46 pm »
@LauraTXNM
They could keep going to the last State Dept employee and make America stronger.

Thomas Jefferson would disagree with you on that.

As bad as the State Department can be, diplomacy is an important part of what actually DOES make America great.

Not to mention the fact that, if you're overseas and have any kind of issue, you go to a US Embassy for the help you need.

Just because Trump is clueless about diplomacy doesn't mean that it should be abandoned.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2018, 05:29:47 pm »
@Concerned
Perhaps that was the intent, until someone leaked it to the WaPost and forced Trump to go public.

Perhaps and if there’s proof of that, let’s see it.

If leaks are a concern, that’s a great reason to keep the potential firing closest hold, maybe just Trump and Kelly, then if it gets leaked out, you know it came from Kelly and you fire him too.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2018, 05:29:55 pm »
Tillerson seemed like he was miserable anyway... anyone else pick up on that?

He seemed to be in absentia most of the time.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2018, 05:31:11 pm »
    Tillerson reportedly called Trump a 'moron.' Months later, he's out
    Josh Hafner, USA TODAY Published 10:53 a.m. ET March 13, 2018
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/03/13/tillerson-reportedly-called-trump-moron-months-later-hes-out/419673002/

Tillerson has denied this just like Trump has denied his tryst with Stormy..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2018, 05:31:21 pm »
@RoosGirl
No I think you're consumed with hatred and since they are attacking Trump and you agree with the message you just jump on board.

I think it's the Liberal Leftists that invented and utilize the 'hater' meme every single time someone disagrees with anything they say, believe or support.

Like fishes to water it is amazing how completely and adeptly you Trump supporters have adopted it for yourselves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2018, 05:33:45 pm »
@mystery-ak
Looking at the posts it seems the only that that gets any traction here is the attack Trump threads.    Very little serious discussion on any other topic.   Perhaps I'm part of the problem and should just keep my mouth shut.

No, you know I don't want that.

Like I said it is Trump's right to fire him, my only problem is how he did it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2018, 05:34:18 pm »
@RoosGirl
No I think you're consumed with hatred and since they are attacking Trump and you agree with the message you just jump on board.

I think if you've read the whole of my comments about Trump you would know that that is not true, but it's very convenient for you to remember only the negative things I've had to say.  That you cannot admit that if Obama had fired any of his cabinet members in the way that it appears that Tillerson was fired that pretty much everyone here would have something negative to say about it seems pretty disingenuous. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2018, 05:35:11 pm »
Because I don't have a secretary.  I fired her

I've had employees steal from me among many other things.    I could give rats ass how those people feel when I fire them.   Just like theyve demonstrated how they care less about the company.   Someone who worked with integrity is different.

Serious question (a necessary preface because of some non-complimentary words that came my way yesterday):  Have you had to fire anybody who worked with integrity?  Curious because I work for a large corporation, and I see solid people being laid off all the time, and I wonder what that's like from the managerial side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2018, 05:35:26 pm »
Because I don't have a secretary.  I fired her

I've had employees steal from me among many other things.    I could give rats ass how those people feel when I fire them.   Just like theyve demonstrated how they care less about the company.   Someone who worked with integrity is different.

Sounds like you also have a knack for only hiring the best.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2018, 05:38:20 pm »
I agree.  I never understood how someone running a global oil company was qualification for US Secretary of State.
I worked for two oil service corporations; one huge one medium.

One had a former Sec. Def. on the board, the other a Deputy Sec. Def. on the board.

Our top people were constantly in the air, visiting foreign countries. The energy/resources industries usually/often involve top government officials.

So I draw the opposite conclusion from my experience, namely that the CEO of Exxon (often the largest company in the world) is well qualified for the duties of Sec. of State.

The sort of objection you made, seems typical of "the establishment," IOW career government employee types, with vested interests in the status quo, minimum risk to their circumstances.

A good book from 15-20 years ago is "Who Moved My Chees?"

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2018, 05:40:19 pm »
I think if you've read the whole of my comments about Trump you would know that that is not true, but it's very convenient for you to remember only the negative things I've had to say.  That you cannot admit that if Obama had fired any of his cabinet members in the way that it appears that Tillerson was fired that pretty much everyone here would have something negative to say about it seems pretty disingenuous.

Personally I would have loved if Obama fired his Sec of State no matter the delivery system. They were both Commie shitbags.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:40:40 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline corbe

« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2018, 05:42:12 pm »

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2018, 05:42:25 pm »

I am sure this won't be a popular suggestion, but Ivanka could probably soften the rudeness if she'd ask her father.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

BassWrangler

« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2018, 05:42:32 pm »
The POTUS and Tillerson also had serious policy differences ... the Iran deal and Paris Climate Agreement come to mind.  Rex backed both.

Trump can't risk division with his SOS if NK talks come to pass.

Then he should have worked that out before nominating Tillerson. Pompeo may be a great SoS; I hope he is! What concerns me is, if Tillerson wasn’t the right guy, how inthe heck was he nominated to begin with?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2018, 05:42:32 pm »
Serious question (a necessary preface because of some non-complimentary words that came my way yesterday):  Have you had to fire anybody who worked with integrity?  Curious because I work for a large corporation, and I see solid people being laid off all the time, and I wonder what that's like from the managerial side.

@Cyber Liberty
I don't fire people who were good.  I may lay them off but have never fired someone who was a good team member.   If things just aren't working I'll give them a couple months severance to tide them over finding a new job.

Large companies do it from the mind set that they can hire someone cheaper, at least the HR people do.   They generally don't value experience or contributions made in the past.   

My company is very small and its going to stay that way.   I've met my sales goals for the year and only need to deliver for customers.   Working on sales for next year and saving money.    About 4 years and I'll be able to retire.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »
Personally I would have loved if Obama fired his Sec of State no matter the delivery system. They were both Commie shitbags.

Bah, he would have just hired another commie shitbag, so what difference would it make?  But we would have used the event to point to another demonstration of his low character if the firing had been done in this same way.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2018, 05:42:41 pm »

A true leader who has to terminate a department head THEY wanted in the position, or agreed to have in the position - should be the one to terminate the Department Head person in a face-to-face meeting.

These are CABINET LEVEL LEADERS.  Not bottom-tiered employees of the department.

In addition - a true leader NEVER goes and makes a firing public spectacle like Trump has - on Twitter no less!

No class at all.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2018, 05:44:12 pm »

@edpc
Hiring is the most difficult thing to do.   And despite your ignorant snarkiness I have done a decent job of it.    Every business owner I know finds it difficult and only about 30% of new hires actually work out.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2018, 05:44:31 pm »
Bah, he would have just hired another commie shitbag, so what difference would it make?  But we would have used the event to point to another demonstration of his low character if the firing had been done in this same way.

Don't be a silly fool. After two losers, Obama would have picked a rock ribbed Conservative. I'm positive of that.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2018, 05:45:22 pm »
Don't be a silly fool. After two losers, Obama would have picked a rock ribbed Conservative. I'm positive of that.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2018, 05:48:08 pm »
Yeah, you're probably right.

I don't want to brag, but when I was sleeping with Madeline Allbright she told me that Obama wanted to fire Kerry and install John Bolton. He just ran out of time in his last term.