Author Topic: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State  (Read 14615 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2018, 04:18:36 pm »
And Tillerson called his "boss" a "moron" or at least, it's not denied. Maybe that tells something too of how the two worked together. That appears to be a "shoddy" thing to do as well.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2018, 04:20:37 pm »
And Tillerson called his "boss" a "moron" or at least, it's not denied. Maybe that tells something too of how the two worked together. That appears to be a "shoddy" thing to do as well.

It was..but Trump is his boss and should have been fired by him...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2018, 04:21:01 pm »
Tillerson has been in Africa, these people are busy, maybe they can not always meet up with each other. Phone? Leave it on the answering machine?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2018, 04:22:45 pm »

That was never confirmed and Tillerson refused to discuss it.  Trump, however, made a point to publicly suggest he'd score higher on an IQ test than an engineer that worked his way up to CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation.  Who's the intelligent adult, here?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2018, 04:25:42 pm »
Tillerson has been in Africa, these people are busy, maybe they can not always meet up with each other. Phone? Leave it on the answering machine?

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Concerned

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2018, 04:25:44 pm »

When the President is ready to fire someone, no matter how busy that person is, all the President has to say is please come home, I need to talk to you.  Tillerson could have been back in less than 12 hours.   Does anyone believe this announcement was so time critical that it couldn't wait 12 hours?  If for some reason, Tillerson couldn't get home in time, then yes, the phone, is definitely preferable and more professional than via a tweet.

When Trump was playing a character on "The Apprentice", he didn't seem to have any problem personally firing people, but there definitely seems to be a pattern here in real life where the "street fighter" appears to be pretty whimpy about firing people to their face.  JMO.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:26:54 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online corbe

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:17 pm »
   As someone mentioned earlier, this firing sure takes the shine off the PA-18 whopping the GOP gets tonight.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2018, 04:29:56 pm »

That's no excuse..it could have waited until he returned to DC.....He has a habit of firing people when they are out of town....I don't consider this good leadership at all.

Mind you I have no problem with Tillerson being fired just the way it was done.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2018, 04:31:00 pm »
When the President is ready to fire someone, no matter how busy that person is, all the President has to say is please come home, I need to talk to you.  Tillerson could have been back in less than 12 hours.   Does anyone believe this announcement was so time critical that it couldn't wait 12 hours?  If for some reason, Tillerson couldn't get home in time, then yes, the phone, is definitely preferable and more professional than via a tweet.

When Trump was playing a character on "The Apprentice", he didn't seem to have any problem personally firing people, but there definitely seems to be a pattern here in real life where the "street fighter" appears to be pretty whimpy about firing people to their face.  JMO.

this
Support the USO

Offline edpc

« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2018, 04:33:49 pm »
That's no excuse..it could have waited until he returned to DC.....He has a habit of firing people when they are out of town....I don't consider this good leadership at all.

Mind you I have no problem with Tillerson being fired just the way it was done.

Well, as we're supposed to believe on another thread, this is what leadership looks like.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,307721.0.html

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2018, 04:35:59 pm »
I'll tell you this...if Trump didn't personally call him into the Oval and fire him and left it to another person or even a tweet..it was a shitty thing to do...By God he was SOS not some low level flunkie..

I agree with this.  A SoS deserves to be told in person, not even by the Chief of Staff.  SoS is the most powerful Cabinet post there is...third in the line of Presidential succession.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2018, 04:39:08 pm »
Well there are all kinds of stories like this one..Even Rush is saying Tillerson fired by a tweet.

Tillerson did not speak to Trump before firing
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378083-deputy-tillerson-is-unaware-of-the-reason-for-his-dismissal

@mystery-ak
Whether it was Trump or Kelly, I don't really care.    Tillerson has shown a lack of respect for Trump so maybe Trump didn't feel the gold glove treatment was warranted.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2018, 04:39:54 pm »
USA Today:

Tillerson reportedly called Trump a 'moron.' Months later, he's out
Josh Hafner, USA TODAY Published 10:53 a.m. ET March 13, 2018
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/03/13/tillerson-reportedly-called-trump-moron-months-later-hes-out/419673002/

Offline edpc

« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2018, 04:39:54 pm »
I agree with this.  A SoS deserves to be told in person, not even by the Chief of Staff.  SoS is the most powerful Cabinet post there is...third in the line of Presidential succession.

Fourth, but you are correct in that it is the most powerful cabinet position.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2018, 04:42:15 pm »
I can not go with the blanket statement "The Secretary of State" should always be told this face to face by the President.  Certainly that can not include every act of misconduct that someone might do.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2018, 04:42:28 pm »
I just hear the gladiators.

! No longer available
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2018, 04:43:11 pm »

Well, as we're supposed to believe on another thread, this is what leadership looks like.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,307721.0.html

In reality - this is what Trump leadership looks like:

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2018, 04:46:50 pm »
Fourth, but you are correct in that it is the most powerful cabinet position.

Correct you are!  I missed "President Pro Tempore of the Senate!"  Um.....Orrin Hatch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2018, 04:47:43 pm »
@mystery-ak
Whether it was Trump or Kelly, I don't really care.    Tillerson has shown a lack of respect for Trump so maybe Trump didn't feel the gold glove treatment was warranted.

Right, because if someone else acts badly that means you don't have an obligation to react in a professional and adult manner. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2018, 04:49:28 pm »
TRUMP HAS RIGHT NOW, JUST FIRED THIS STATE DEPARTMENT MAN, GOLDSTEIN:

"Steve Goldstein, State Department undersecretary of public affairs, confirmed that Tillerson got a call on Friday night from Kelly with a heads up, but Goldstein did not elaborate. Goldstein insists that Tillerson was notified of the official termination in the tweet this morning."

Offline edpc

« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2018, 04:51:44 pm »
Correct you are!  I missed "President Pro Tempore of the Senate!"  Um.....Orrin Hatch.

Unless you're really wonkish on this stuff, most people would.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2018, 04:52:08 pm »
Right, because if someone else acts badly that means you don't have an obligation to react in a professional and adult manner.

@Sanguine
I've found that if someone has behaved and performed honorably they will and should be treated the same.   If not.....

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2018, 04:53:47 pm »
TRUMP HAS RIGHT NOW, JUST FIRED THIS STATE DEPARTMENT MAN, GOLDSTEIN:

"Steve Goldstein, State Department undersecretary of public affairs, confirmed that Tillerson got a call on Friday night from Kelly with a heads up, but Goldstein did not elaborate. Goldstein insists that Tillerson was notified of the official termination in the tweet this morning."

Its really mind boggling how much the NTs arguments match that of the radical left.     The left goes into a tizzy over something and sure enough the NTs are right there beside them.

Not saying there is a conspiracy just an obscene inability to think for themselves.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2018, 04:54:27 pm »
@Sanguine
I've found that if someone has behaved and performed honorably they will and should be treated the same.   If not.....

As you know, that wasn't my point.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2018, 04:55:53 pm »

No.  The Trump mobs want public punishment, humiliation and lots of it directed at anyone who is not kissing Trump's ass in constant praise and worship.

The concept of actual professional leadership is lost on a people that want and see a presidency as this: