Author Topic: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State  (Read 14663 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2018, 02:13:57 pm »
Recommendations are fine if someone actually has the qualifications to do the job, but I still wonder about Tillerson's qualifications to be Secretary of State.  I think Pompeo is an upgrade (and he gets along well with the President which is critically important for success IMO).

@Concerned that's especially true in this administration since it appears the President doesn't like hearing the word no.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2018, 02:14:57 pm »
Recommendations are fine if someone actually has the qualifications to do the job, but I still wonder about Tillerson's qualifications to be Secretary of State.  I think Pompeo is an upgrade (and he gets along well with the President which is critically important for success IMO).

Tillerson came with a wealth of international experience .... the Rice recommendation pushed him from #2 on the list to #1.

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2018, 02:16:05 pm »
I don't know. If you've a Secretary of State that you decided to fire, the first thing you'd do is send him on a five country tour of Africa to talk to diplomats there before announcing his firing on Twitter when he returned home.  Makes total sense to me.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2018, 02:16:32 pm »
@Concerned that's especially true in this administration since it appears the President doesn't like hearing the word no.

Actually, in the case the President didn't like hearing the word "yes" .... as in "yes" to the Iran deal and "yes" to the Paris Climate Agreement, to name just two examples.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2018, 02:19:43 pm »
I don't know. If you've a Secretary of State that you decided to fire, the first thing you'd do is send him on a five country tour of Africa to talk to diplomats there before announcing his firing on Twitter when he returned home.  Makes total sense to me.

And now every head of state he just spoke with on behalf of the President is now wondering if what they discussed or any deals that were agreed upon are still valid.  It doesn't make for a very consistent or steady foreign policy.

Makes us look very disorganized.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2018, 02:21:16 pm »
He also supported easing restrictions on Qatar, who is supporting terrorist in the Middle East.

There's a little more to that Qatar story.  Back in April 2017, they were fine people when Kushner approached them for financing.  They declined.  Funny how months later, they're on the US sh*tlist.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:22:00 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2018, 02:22:21 pm »
Tillerson came with a wealth of international experience .... the Rice recommendation pushed him from #2 on the list to #1.

Yes, you get plenty of international experience running a "global oil company" (which I already noted).  I don't see how having commercial, business international experience qualifies you to be Secretary of State though.  If some people do, I just wish they'd make their case with the facts, evidence, and data from Tillerson's background that they think qualified him to be Secretary of State.  As we're seeing with the President, running a business is markedly different than running a government or negotiation on behalf of a government.  Politics insert a very challenging constraint into many government and multi-national government discussions and negotiations.  Not having that prior government/political background I think is a challenging lack of qualification.  JMO.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:23:40 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2018, 02:23:38 pm »
And now every head of state he just spoke with on behalf of the President is now wondering if what they discussed or any deals that were agreed upon are still valid.  It doesn't make for a very consistent or steady foreign policy.

Makes us look very disorganized.

@txradioguy
Is there a good time to fire a SofS?   Isn't his job to always be out there doing stuff?   

His trip included countries like Chad, Ethopia, Nigeria, and Kenya.   Which of those are we most concerned with appearing disorganized too?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:24:05 pm by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2018, 02:24:16 pm »
John McEntee...seems he was going to have some issues getting a full security clearance.
I would hate to be a part of his social media team.  I'm betting most of them will need rehab after there time there is over
@txradioguy
@Quix
@mystery-ak 

Bob was the earth scientist for Exxon/Mobil when he retired.  He knew Tillerson.  Says Tillerson was organized and made decisions based on facts and research.  Bob was disgusted this morning when he heard Tillerson found out by a tweet he was fired.  Bob said you don't fire people that way.  At Exxon/Mobil, Bob had employees under him and he would never have done that.  Bob has been supporting Trump all this time, but he says this is it, Trump needs to be gone.  It took a personal connection with a Trump move, for Bob to now reject Trump.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 02:24:45 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2018, 02:33:45 pm »
This presidency has most of the hallmarks of a trashy reality tv show.  All it needs now is the cat fight  between two gorgeous, bikini clad babes in the swimming pool.
@Applewood

You will get "trashy reality tv show" with gorgeous sexy pictures of Stormy Daniels and Trump with her as soon as litigation about that is resolved.  It is to be on 60 Minutes TV channel.  It's easy to have trash in public when the president is trashy himself.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2018, 02:37:35 pm »

Did Tillerson have any diplomatic experience?  I ask because I'm not sure experience in international business would necessarily be enough for the SoS job.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2018, 02:45:11 pm »
Good.  The Gaystapo supporting pervert should have never been in the position in the first place.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2018, 02:53:59 pm »
Did Tillerson have any diplomatic experience?  I ask because I'm not sure experience in international business would necessarily be enough for the SoS job.
@Applewood
@mystery-ak

Here is the connection between oil and country heads of state.  When Bob was sent to countries around the world looking for oil, he had to meet with government leaders, including heads of state.  He was the first oil man to enter Russia after the Berlin wall fell.  He met with their leaders numerous times.  One cannot start getting seismic data in the earth of a foreign country without dealing with their leaders.  Tillerson was the head of Exxon/Mobil and there is no doubt he worked with foreign governments leaders and knew all about them.  Also, making an oil deal with a foreign country requires the ability to negotiate deals based on facts.  Tillerson did that just as Bob had to do that in foreign countries.   

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2018, 03:05:25 pm »
Pompeo was marked at a replacement months ago in speculation, thank goodness, Sen. Cotton won't be head of the CIA as was speculated on as well. I think Cotton should remain in the Senate.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/news/sen-cotton-not-named-cia-director-releases-statement/1038694000

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/12/tom-cotton-to-cia.php

I hope all goes well with Rex. Seemed to do a decent job with me. There must have been something, perhaps not being forceful enough.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2018, 03:05:52 pm »
@txradioguy
Is there a good time to fire a SofS?   Isn't his job to always be out there doing stuff?   

His trip included countries like Chad, Ethopia, Nigeria, and Kenya.   Which of those are we most concerned with appearing disorganized too?

Where trying fight terrorism on the African continent and strengthening ties with AFRICOM is concerned when they are trying to stabilize the region...yes we need to be concerned with those areas.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2018, 03:07:59 pm »
Where trying fight terrorism on the African continent and strengthening ties with AFRICOM is concerned when they are trying to stabilize the region...yes we need to be concerned with those areas.

@txradioguy
Thats not what I asked.   The deflection is an answer all by itself.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2018, 03:08:29 pm »
Tillerson was sick on this most recent trip. I wonder if there are any specific reasons so far given for Tillerson being given the boot? That's why I'm reading all of these posts.

Foreign policy was such a mess to inherit, it might be easy to be weak in one area, Mid-East, Russia, North Korea, something.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2018, 03:10:05 pm »

No.  His experience was limited to commercial business at Exxon-Mobil (and Exxon).
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2018, 03:10:22 pm »
This presidency has most of the hallmarks of a trashy reality tv show.  All it needs now is the cat fight  between two gorgeous, bikini clad babes in the swimming pool.

Maybe if ISIS was still holding large swaths of territory and committing wanton violence and North Korea was threatening missile strikes, you'd be more happy.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2018, 03:15:58 pm »
Maybe if ISIS was still holding large swaths of territory and committing wanton violence and North Korea was threatening missile strikes, you'd be more happy.

Yes, it’s so much better now that Iran and Turkey are exerting influence over those former ISIS territories and NK is holding a bouquet in an extended hand, while clutching a plutonium pit behind their back.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2018, 03:21:43 pm »

Yes, it’s so much better now that Iran and Turkey are exerting influence over those former ISIS territories and NK is holding a bouquet in an extended hand, while clutching a plutonium pit behind their back.

The latter part you don't know, as for the first part, yes, Iran and Turkey exerting influence on these areas is much much better than the Apocalyptic Existential threat of ISIS, who would use nukes with no qualms if they had them.  A death cult ISIS is, killing hundreds in the West as well.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2018, 03:26:17 pm »

He's a broken record.  He'll scream ISIS and ABORTION in your face as the first words of a new screed because you do not fawn over Trump the way he does.  Pay him no mind.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline TomSea

« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2018, 03:28:35 pm »
Fox news reporting Trump requested Tillerson to submit his resignation last Friday.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2018, 03:32:59 pm »

ISIS does still hold large areas of land and last I checked the Norks still have nukes and haven't stopped threatening anyone with them.

You're a fool if you actually believe your own propaganda BS.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:33:36 pm by txradioguy »

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2018, 03:34:39 pm »
He's a broken record.  He'll scream ISIS and ABORTION in your face as the first words of a new screed because you do not fawn over Trump the way he does.  Pay him no mind.
Not to mention it was just a matter of time before Turkey/the kurds/Russia/Assad wiped them out, no use trying to give trump the credit because its simply not factually true.

And Isis hasn't even been defeated yet! probably never will, its an ideology now that is spread throughout the world. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:35:54 pm by Stevensr123 »