Author Topic: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State  (Read 14637 times)

Online Polly Ticks

Re: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 01:45:39 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 01:46:02 pm »
@txradioguy
While a catchy slogan worthy of only the best social media groupies.  Tillerson has an outstanding background having been the CEO of Exxon. 

So yeah in this case he is far more qualified then the last several.

Wasn't doubting his qualifications.   I know of his reputation at Exxon and you're right he is way better than the last couple SecStates.

I was laughing more at the revolving door at the WH.  Trump claims he wants only the best but when the best gives him answers he doesn't like or advise him that possibly a policy he's pursuing might not be the best way to handle things...well...they get fired or verbally abused via twitter.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 01:48:39 pm »
My guess is that it was Kelly who informed him.
@txradioguy

NO, I just heard he found out he was fired by reading a tweet by Trump.  Trump is a miserable twerp (is twerp a word?)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 01:49:01 pm »
Wasn't doubting his qualifications.   I know of his reputation at Exxon and you're right he is way better than the last couple SecStates.

I was laughing more at the revolving door at the WH.  Trump claims he wants only the best but when the best gives him answers he doesn't like or advise him that possibly a policy he's pursuing might not be the best way to handle things...well...they get fired or verbally abused via twitter.

@txradioguy
Almost all administrations have a high turnover rate. 

Tillerson was the big cheese at Exxon, he probably didn't like having a boss.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 01:49:26 pm »
Deputy: Tillerson is 'unaware of the reason' for his dismissal
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378083-deputy-tillerson-is-unaware-of-the-reason-for-his-dismissal

Could be why he's gone. Unaware of his surroundings.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 01:51:06 pm »
@txradioguy

Also heard he fired his personal assistant yesterday morning.  I don't have the man's name.

Do you work at the White House?  If so, check Trump's tweets to see if you still have a job.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 01:52:46 pm »
Lots of comings and goings in Trump's first 18 mos!  I don't know much about Pompeo, but in doing a brief search he seems more qualified than Tillerson.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 01:53:14 pm »

This presidency has most of the hallmarks of a trashy reality tv show.  All it needs now is the cat fight  between two gorgeous, bikini clad babes in the swimming pool.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 01:53:51 pm »
@txradioguy

NO, I just heard he found out he was fired by reading a tweet by Trump.  Trump is a miserable twerp (is twerp a word?)

@Victoria33
Thats not quite what happened.   https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/secretary-of-state-tillerson-out-amid-clashes-with-trump-to-be-replaced-by-cia-director-pompeo-wapo.html

Trumps tweet was a response to a Washington Post story.     So what happened was the decision was made to replace Tillerson, someone leaked it, and that forced Trump to make a statement.

But don't let the facts disrupt your preconceived notions.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 01:55:22 pm »
@txradioguy
Almost all administrations have a high turnover rate. 

Tillerson was the big cheese at Exxon, he probably didn't like having a boss.

The POTUS and Tillerson also had serious policy differences ... the Iran deal and Paris Climate Agreement come to mind.  Rex backed both.

Trump can't risk division with his SOS if NK talks come to pass.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 01:55:26 pm »
@txradioguy

Also heard he fired his personal assistant yesterday morning.  I don't have the man's name.

John McEntee...seems he was going to have some issues getting a full security clearance.

Do you work at the White House?  If so, check Trump's tweets to see if you still have a job.

I would hate to be a part of his social media team.  I'm betting most of them will need rehab after there time there is over
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 01:56:36 pm »
@txradioguy

No ... check the Washington Post @Victoria33 .... they print all the leaks they receive.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 01:57:47 pm »
This presidency has most of the hallmarks of a trashy reality tv show.  All it needs now is the cat fight  between two gorgeous, bikini clad babes in the swimming pool.

Give it time...

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 01:59:20 pm »
John McEntee...seems he was going to have some issues getting a full security clearance.

Given what we know about Kushner and Porter,  perhaps McEntee yanked a Russian banker out of the shower.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »
@Victoria33
Thats not quite what happened.   https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/secretary-of-state-tillerson-out-amid-clashes-with-trump-to-be-replaced-by-cia-director-pompeo-wapo.html
Trumps tweet was a response to a Washington Post story.     So what happened was the decision was made to replace Tillerson, someone leaked it, and that forced Trump to make a statement.
But don't let the facts disrupt your preconceived notions.
@driftdiver

"But don't let the facts disrupt your preconceived notions."
I don't do word fights like you are trying to start.  I posted news about the tweet according to a news organization saying it.  If someone leaked it, Trump could have called Tillerson then rather than putting it in a tweet.  Regardless of how it happened, it appears Tillerson found out by reading a tweet.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 02:00:37 pm »
Could be why he's gone. Unaware of his surroundings.

Tillerson supported the Paris Climate deal and the Iran deal.  He also supported easing restrictions on Qatar, who is supporting terrorist in the Middle East.

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2018, 02:00:46 pm »
Donald J. Trump‏Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State. He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!

5:44 AM - 13 Mar 2018

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/973540316656623616

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 02:01:48 pm »
New secretary of state

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 02:02:25 pm »
@driftdiver

"But don't let the facts disrupt your preconceived notions."
I don't do word fights like you are trying to start.  I posted news about the tweet according to a news organization saying it.  If someone leaked it, Trump could have called Tillerson then rather than putting it in a tweet.  Regardless of how it happened, it appears Tillerson found out by reading a tweet.

@Victoria33
No word fight here.   Just tired of the constant bias.

Tillerson was well qualified but has not supported Trumps agenda on several major policies.   Tillerson is a big boy and I could care less if his feelings are hurt.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2018, 02:06:02 pm »
Lots of comings and goings in Trump's first 18 mos!  I don't know much about Pompeo, but in doing a brief search he seems more qualified than Tillerson.

I agree.  I never understood how someone running a global oil company was qualification for US Secretary of State.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 02:06:03 pm »
Deputy: Tillerson is 'unaware of the reason' for his dismissal
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378083-deputy-tillerson-is-unaware-of-the-reason-for-his-dismissal

Of course Tillerson is aware ... we're all aware of why he's out.  He disagreed -- publicly --- with the POTUS on major policy initiatives.

I hope he doesn't spend the next week whining about this ... it's unbecoming behavior from a former global CEO.

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 02:07:50 pm »
I agree.  I never understood how someone running a global oil company was qualification for US Secretary of State.

He came with a strong recommendation from Condi Rice.  I think Pompeo was the President's first choice from the start.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2018, 02:10:40 pm »

Probably assumed that because as the head of Exxon and dealing with other global CEO's it would translate to an ability to deal with world leaders.

But as we're learning...skill in the board room doesn't equate to skill at the negotiating table.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 02:10:56 pm »
He came with a strong recommendation from Condi Rice.  I think Pompeo was the President's first choice from the start.

Recommendations are fine if someone actually has the qualifications to do the job, but I still wonder about Tillerson's qualifications to be Secretary of State.  I think Pompeo is an upgrade (and he gets along well with the President which is critically important for success IMO). 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2018, 02:11:07 pm »
Of course Tillerson is aware ... we're all aware of why he's out.  He disagreed -- publicly --- with the POTUS on major policy initiatives.

I hope he doesn't spend the next week whining about this ... it's unbecoming behavior from a former global CEO.

I don't think calling Trump a moron helped to endear him to the president. Sounds like Tillerson
was a Bush republican. If so I am glad he is gone. Bushism needs to be stamped out.