Author Topic: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State  (Read 14542 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: BREAKING:....Tillerson out as Secretary of State
« Reply #125 on: March 13, 2018, 04:58:19 pm »
As you know, that wasn't my point.

@Sanguine
Sure it was, you were saying that Trump should have taken the time to speak with Tillerson in person.   Because Tillerson was the SoS.    While that is the optimium and Trump seems to do that with people who have served him well.

Tillerson has repeatedly and publicly conflicted with Trump since he got the job.  After it became public Tillerson wasn't involved in the NK announcement any honorable person would have resigned immediately.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #126 on: March 13, 2018, 04:58:59 pm »
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:59:37 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2018, 04:59:23 pm »
When the President is ready to fire someone, no matter how busy that person is, all the President has to say is please come home, I need to talk to you.  Tillerson could have been back in less than 12 hours.   Does anyone believe this announcement was so time critical that it couldn't wait 12 hours?  If for some reason, Tillerson couldn't get home in time, then yes, the phone, is definitely preferable and more professional than via a tweet.

When Trump was playing a character on "The Apprentice", he didn't seem to have any problem personally firing people, but there definitely seems to be a pattern here in real life where the "street fighter" appears to be pretty whimpy about firing people to their face.  JMO.

@Concerned
Perhaps that was the intent, until someone leaked it to the WaPost and forced Trump to go public.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #128 on: March 13, 2018, 05:02:14 pm »
Its really mind boggling how much the NTs arguments match that of the radical left.     The left goes into a tizzy over something and sure enough the NTs are right there beside them.

Not saying there is a conspiracy just an obscene inability to think for themselves.

Really...I find it common courtesy to be fired by the person who hired you..if that makes me a Lib so be it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #129 on: March 13, 2018, 05:02:55 pm »
Its really mind boggling how much the NTs arguments match that of the radical left. 

We notice the same exact thing about how much the constant twists of pretzel logic to play Apologist for Trump, match verbatim what the radical Left provides Obama and Hillary.

For example, we were especially amused at the contortions over covering for Trump's quip about seizing guns first and due process later.  THAT was a rich lesson in how much alike you Trump Populists are with the Radical Left in being able to cover for decidedly tyrannical ideas.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #130 on: March 13, 2018, 05:03:45 pm »
No.  The Trump mobs want public punishment, humiliation and lots of it directed at anyone who is not kissing Trump's ass in constant praise and worship.

The concept of actual professional leadership is lost on a people that want and see a presidency as this:

@INVAR
Perhaps thats the way coddled govt employees think it should be.

In the real world executives are fired all the time in a variety of ways.   Especially under performing ones where it only represents a legal risk to the person doing the termination.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2018, 05:04:29 pm »
A senior White House official has told CNN that President Trump asked Chief of Staff John Kelley to call Rex Tillerson on Friday night.

Yup that's what I thought.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2018, 05:06:19 pm »
Really...I find it common courtesy to be fired by the person who hired you..if that makes me a Lib so be it.

'Common courtesy' only applies when courtesy is being given on a constant basis in the world of Trump.

It's an eye for an eye world out there in Trumplican Amerika right now.  Punishment and humiliation are key tactics to 'winning' in the mindset that now governs.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2018, 05:07:06 pm »
Not to mention it was just a matter of time before Turkey/the kurds/Russia/Assad wiped them out, no use trying to give trump the credit because its simply not factually true.

And Isis hasn't even been defeated yet! probably never will, its an ideology now that is spread throughout the world.

@Stevensr123 I really appreciate reading your perspective from across the pond ;).  Thank you for bringing this up.  While President Obama made a huge mistake discounting ISIS in the first place, they were on the run before President Trump was even elected.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2018, 05:07:30 pm »

@mystery-ak
Its a quaint idea that is being surpassed by the legal liability of doing it.   So Trump has probably gotten out of the habit.

I run a small company and have to do the firing.   I always have a witness present but even then I have had people go into fits of rage, try to start arguments, or try getting me to say something.  For example when I fired the guy who sexually harassed my HR lady he started throwing stuff, hitting the walls, shouting and threatening me.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2018, 05:09:50 pm »
Hmm, I wonder if Mike Pompeo is going to strengthen FiveEyes as SoS.  He's hot on wide-ranging data collection here and abroad:

"Congress should pass a law re-establishing collection of all metadata, and combining it with publicly available financial and lifestyle information into a comprehensive, searchable database. Legal and bureaucratic impediments to surveillance should be removed. That includes Presidential Policy Directive-28, which bestows privacy rights on foreigners and imposes burdensome requirements to justify data collection." Pompeo's money quote from a 2016 WSJ op-ed.

I wonder if Snowden is worried ;).

I also don't see Pompeo as more qualified than Tillerson per his resume, as a former lawyer and Congressperson.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:33:53 pm by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2018, 05:11:20 pm »
I don't know why I am still astounded that Trump supporters give Trump a pass for doing something that they would have absolutely pummeled Obama for.  I cannot get past that hypocrisy. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #137 on: March 13, 2018, 05:11:58 pm »
@INVAR
Perhaps thats the way coddled govt employees think it should be.

In the real world executives are fired all the time in a variety of ways.   Especially under performing ones where it only represents a legal risk to the person doing the termination.

Oh please stop with this garbage.

Trump is obviously not man enough to do the job face to face.  Especially his Cabinet leaders.

He leaves that to Kelly and Twitter.

That it is a coward, not a leader. A real leader takes personal responsibility, and swings the sword himself.  Not have others do it for him, and then Tweet about it publicly.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2018, 05:13:02 pm »
I don't know why I am still astounded that Trump supporters give Trump a pass for doing something that they would have absolutely pummeled Obama for.  I cannot get past that hypocrisy.

@RoosGirl
Perhaps because we can't get past the hypocrisy of the NTs having the same talking points as the leftists.

This world is so confusing.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2018, 05:13:40 pm »
Oh please stop with this garbage.

Trump is obviously not man enough to do the job face to face.  Especially his Cabinet leaders.

He leaves that to Kelly and Twitter.

That it is a coward, not a leader. A real leader takes personal responsibility, and swings the sword himself.  Not have others do it for him, and then Tweet about it publicly.

@INVAR
Just shows how little you know about being a CEO

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:04 pm »
@Stevensr123 I really appreciate reading your perspective from across the pond ;).  Thank you for bringing this up.  While President Obama made a huge mistake discounting ISIS in the first place, they were on the run before President Trump was even elected.
Cheers  888high58888

I personally think we should have just left the Russians and Assad to deal with it themselves in the first place.

We (the british and americans) have already chosen wrongly when it comes to dictators and made things worse (Lybia, Iraq, syria). Dictators more often than not shoot down these terrorists and keep a lid on them.

Before the overthrowing, the likes of syria, lybia etc where relatively peaceful. Obama stuck his nose into things and made things worse! But at the same time, they were well on their way to being defeated before trump came in, mainly because of Russia and assad and the kurds. So to give trump the sole credit is a bit comical.

anyway a bit off topic lol

This current situation seems totally bizarre though, A lot of people over this side are thinking its to do with his russian comments, And I think thats probably likely given sarah's comments the day before he made them (not really taking the side of the British)  and tillerson seemed to have contradicted her the day after (agreeing it was russia).  By guess it was the last straw.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:19:08 pm by Stevensr123 »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:35 pm »

You and me both.

But from now on, we should expect it from them.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2018, 05:14:38 pm »

It's breathtaking. 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2018, 05:15:22 pm »
@INVAR
Just shows how little you know about being a CEO

That's funny considering the fact I am CEO of my own business.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2018, 05:15:22 pm »
@RoosGirl
Perhaps because we can't get past the hypocrisy of the NTs having the same talking points as the leftists.

This world is so confusing.

So let me get this straight; you think we're libs and because of that with Trump it's anything goes.  Do I have that about right?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2018, 05:17:17 pm »
@mystery-ak
Its a quaint idea that is being surpassed by the legal liability of doing it.   So Trump has probably gotten out of the habit.

I run a small company and have to do the firing.   I always have a witness present but even then I have had people go into fits of rage, try to start arguments, or try getting me to say something.  For example when I fired the guy who sexually harassed my HR lady he started throwing stuff, hitting the walls, shouting and threatening me.

I don't see Tillerson trying to punch although he probably would like to.

Why don;t you just send your secretary out to fire the employee you want to get rid of..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2018, 05:22:04 pm »
I don't see Tillerson trying to punch although he probably would like to.

Why don;t you just send your secretary out to fire the employee you want to get rid of..

Because I don't have a secretary.  I fired her

I've had employees steal from me among many other things.    I could give rats ass how those people feel when I fire them.   Just like theyve demonstrated how they care less about the company.   Someone who worked with integrity is different.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2018, 05:22:31 pm »

I think I finally stopped being astounded a couple weeks ago with the "well get to due process later" remark.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2018, 05:23:16 pm »
So let me get this straight; you think we're libs and because of that with Trump it's anything goes.  Do I have that about right?

@RoosGirl
No I think you're consumed with hatred and since they are attacking Trump and you agree with the message you just jump on board.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2018, 05:23:31 pm »
More details from a report here with a named source:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/13/politics/trump-tillerson-latest/index.html

Apparently State Dept spokesperson Goldstein has now been fired, as well ;(.

@Victoria33 Sorry, you beat me to this ;).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 05:37:37 pm by LauraTXNM »