Author Topic: Perry says he doesn’t want VA secretary job  (Read 424 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Perry says he doesn’t want VA secretary job
« on: March 14, 2018, 06:30:16 pm »
Perry says he doesn’t want VA secretary job
By Timothy Cama - 03/14/18 02:21 PM EDT

Energy Secretary Rick Perry says he’s not interested in becoming the next secretary of Veterans Affairs.

Speaking with reporters after a Wednesday congressional hearing, Perry called the idea that he would move to the VA “fake news,” and said he is staying at the Energy Department “until the foreseeable future — happily,” the Associated Press reported.

Multiple news outlets, led by The New York Times, reported Tuesday that President Trump was considering firing VA Secretary David Shulkin and moving Perry into the job.

The Times reported that Trump is growing increasingly frustrated with Shulkin. The secretary has been accused in multiple recent scandals regarding the spending of taxpayer money. Other reports have detailed conflicts between Shulkin and Trump allies in the department.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/378406-perry-says-he-doesnt-want-va-secretary-job
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Perry says he doesn’t want VA secretary job
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:35:10 pm »
I wouldn't want this job but hopefully some highly qualified person will take it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 06:53:01 pm »
He’d much rather have the job as Secretary of the department he forgot he wanted to eliminate as a presidential candidate.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 10:00:47 pm »
An entity like the VA is probably so screwed up, with a deeply entrenched organizational culture, that one person in a few years can't make a dent.

During my corporate career, I learned a bit about organizational cultures. They fight back over change. Even versus a top leader.

Watching the difficulty Trump and Sessions seem to be having with the DOJ-FBI is one example.

All of that goes for State Dept., too. In Reagan's time top GOP operatives (Kitchen Cabinet) from Calif. made the point he had a couple of thousand political appointments.

I'm fairly certain those people would admit they fell short of reaching all of their goals and objectives. Remember in those days Cold War was the big deal. Number One.

But I also think they would say they did their best, hoping others would continue. Twelve years of bushes is all we got, until Trump.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 01:39:19 am »
He’d much rather have the job as Secretary of the department he forgot he wanted to eliminate as a presidential candidate.

Maybe he wants to reform that department.  He'd be a good man to do it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.