Author Topic: This Is What Leadership Looks Like  (Read 7002 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: This Is What Leadership Looks Like
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2018, 02:11:13 pm »
Thank you for answering; you had me baffled.  OK, so I put in "Result act Cruz" and found the act you were talking about.  I don't see anything sinister in it though.

There was lots more, but this one was pretty clear.

Of course you don't see anything 'sinister' in it.

Neither did the jurors on the Salem Witch Trials.

They too trusted in their 'Beliefs'.

CMS disburses over $1 Trillion a year but since the term 'medical' precludes any fact based inspection of the Ethics/Track Records of those scooping that money up, well then, they must be incorruptible, up and down the line.

And I'm leaving it there rather than violate an old saw that posits One should not post online when when is emotionally exercised.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2018, 07:06:47 pm »
   I suspect she's fine @LauraTXNM, pursuing other hobbies/interests, she lurks from time to time, she's probably just recharging her 'suffer no fools' batteries as we all do from time to time.

Sorry for your loss, @corbe but @CatherineofAragon did not leave because people 'picked on her.'

She did most of the picking herself on other people.

She enjoyed being Queen but couldn't stand that some people didn't agree with her.  I'm glad she's gone but she will surely be back of Roy Moore runs for judge somewhere.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2018, 07:11:56 pm »

@Emjay

When I was working, I used to have an executive or two working for me who wanted to get credit for "the effort".  As I told them, our Board of Directors and shareholders aren't compensating us for "effort", they are compensating us for "results".  Most of these executives who wanted credit just for effort didn't last that long under me.

This is even more true with the President of the United States IMO.  The American People don't vote them in for "effort", we (at least most of us, I think), voted them in for "results".  "Real leadership" is just not about "effort" IMO, it's about "results" period. At least IMO.

@Concerned   That dog don't hunt anymore.

Your lack of respect for people trying is ridiculous.  Sometimes I suspect you are trying to work into the conversation your career as a Really Big Shot who did not accept failure from your employees and mocked them for 'trying.'

I wouldn't be surprised is some of them put a little spit in your coffee in the break room.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2018, 07:15:20 pm »
   @edpc pegged it with his initial post @Emjay all this lavish praise just for announcing he's willing to sit down and talk with Little Rocket Man means nothing, Like Trump telling his now fired SoS two weeks ago "Your wasting your time negotiating" even GWB didn't bother with negotiations.  I'm not saying that the 'Strategery Patience' was a policy worthy of results but I'll wait till it's more than WH press releases about a meeting before 'I' give him credit, but you knew that already.

EDIT:  It was @Concerned not @edpc

@corbe   You always side with the losers here.  Why is that?

Offline Concerned

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2018, 07:23:55 pm »
@Concerned   That dog don't hunt anymore.

Your lack of respect for people trying is ridiculous.  Sometimes I suspect you are trying to work into the conversation your career as a Really Big Shot who did not accept failure from your employees and mocked them for 'trying.'

I wouldn't be surprised is some of them put a little spit in your coffee in the break room.

@Emjay

We obviously agree to disagree (which is fine by me).  I don't think Presidents are rewarded for trying (ask Jimmy Carter how his second term went).   The same is true in leadership:  Boards of Directors and shareholders don't reward CEOs just for trying.  They reward them for results.  I really thought this was rather common knowledge but perhaps I'm mistaken.   

As I said previously, other Presidents tried to solve the North Korea problem.  They failed.  Trying just isn't good enough especially at the Presidential level.......at least IMO.  I'll gladly celebrate Trump's success when it actually IS success (which I believe he has defined as NK denuked with inspectors able to go anywhere in the country to verify it).  I really hope he achieves it.  Unfortunately we're just not there yet.  Maybe we'll get there.  Maybe not.  I'm hoping for the best.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2018, 07:33:07 pm »
Thank you for answering; you had me baffled.  OK, so I put in "Result act Cruz" and found the act you were talking about.  I don't see anything sinister in it though.
@Sanguine
There's nothing at all sinister in it.  In fact, it's excellent.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 07:39:12 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2018, 07:42:22 pm »
@Sanguine
There's nothing at all sinister in it.  In fact, it's excellent.

Thanks for confirming.  I thought I was missing something.  Whatever I was missing, it's not there.   ^-^

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2018, 12:53:28 am »
@Emjay

We obviously agree to disagree (which is fine by me).  I don't think Presidents are rewarded for trying (ask Jimmy Carter how his second term went).   The same is true in leadership:  Boards of Directors and shareholders don't reward CEOs just for trying.  They reward them for results.  I really thought this was rather common knowledge but perhaps I'm mistaken.   

As I said previously, other Presidents tried to solve the North Korea problem.  They failed.  Trying just isn't good enough especially at the Presidential level.......at least IMO.  I'll gladly celebrate Trump's success when it actually IS success (which I believe he has defined as NK denuked with inspectors able to go anywhere in the country to verify it).  I really hope he achieves it.  Unfortunately we're just not there yet.  Maybe we'll get there.  Maybe not.  I'm hoping for the best.

This is the most asinine opinion ever.  You are like a dog with a bone on this subject.  You've suddenly turned into Yoda, though less cute about it.

"Do or not do.  There is no try.  Yoda"

In the real world, there is try or not try.  Don't let fear of failure keep you from trying.

The biggest falsehood is trying to get all 'fair' and try to convince us you will celebrate Trump's success.  You never will.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2018, 01:05:11 am »
Hand out a bag of these at the next Board meeting.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2018, 01:12:33 am »
This is the most asinine opinion ever.  You are like a dog with a bone on this subject.  You've suddenly turned into Yoda, though less cute about it.

"Do or not do.  There is no try.  Yoda"

In the real world, there is try or not try.  Don't let fear of failure keep you from trying.

The biggest falsehood is trying to get all 'fair' and try to convince us you will celebrate Trump's success.  You never will.

@Emjay

Of course, there's "try" in the real world.  It's just that I've found the higher you get in the organization, the less you get rewarded for it until finally you reach the level of leadership where "trying" just isn't good enough:  only results are expected and rewarded.  Certainly the President of the United States is at that level......at least IMO.  Certainly "real leadership" at senior-levels isn't about trying as asserted in piece from the OP.  JMO.

Relative to celebrating Trump's success.  I'm afraid you're wrong.  I already have recognized and celebrated it on a variety of subjects.  A few examples from the TBR are identified below:

Well, I’m certainly not in this contingent you refer to.  When the President does something I find praise-worthy, I praise him.  Gorsuch appears to be a great pick (but it’s still early).  I love what the President is doing on regulations. The hurricane responses have been right on target with direct leadership from him and his cabinet.  He seems to be serious about fixing the VA.  That’s long overdue.   That’s certainly not “unceasingly critical”.
<snip>
I criticize Trump when I think he deserves criticizing and praise him when I think he deserves praise.  His remarks this morning were spot on IMO:  prayer and support for the victims and their family, support for law enforcement, calls for unity, flags at half-staff, and plans to travel to Las Vegas on Wednesday.   Good job Mr. President.
I think Trump deserves all the credit in the world for freeing up our military to truly go after ISIS.  I think he's proven what many of us suspected: that the Rules of Engagement placed upon our military under Obama was too stringent and too restrictive for them to truly to successful.  Good for him!

On Trump returning North Korea to the list of State Sponsors of Terror:

Good decision by the President. As he said:  "This designation will impose further sanctions and penalties on North Korea ... and supports our maximum pressure campaign to isolate the murderous regime.”
 :thumbsup:
Again on the battle against ISIS noting winning the battle is a “big deal”:
I may be perceived as one of those, and although I’ve praised him previously about the way he has leveraged the military in it’s attack against ISIS, this is indeed a big deal, and I’ll quote myself to give additional credit to the President:
I think Trump deserves all the credit in the world for freeing up our military to truly go after ISIS.  I think he's proven what many of us suspected: that the Rules of Engagement placed upon our military under Obama was too stringent and too restrictive for them to truly to successful.  Good for him!
Clear enough? @skeeter
His visit to wounded troops at Walter Reed right before Christmas:
In a blatant attempt at getting this thread back on topic, I'm sure this cheered up most (if not all) of the troops over at Walter Reed.  Good job by the President and good job by VP Pence to visit the troops in Afghanistan.
The run-up of the stock market:
Regulations:  I think Trump deserves a huge amount of credit for cutting regulations, and I believe (but can’t prove) that this and the anticipation of corporate tax cuts have been a huge contributing factor for the run-up of the stock market in his first year.
Campaign strategy in 2016:
<snip>
I believe the President ran a brilliant election campaign and tapped into a level of dissatisfaction not fully realized by most others............
<snip>
On the economy:
It’s quite clear to me that the combination of reduced regulations and the promise of tax cuts (particularly business tax cuts) really jump-started the stock market last year.  I think the Trump Administration clearly deserves the credit for that run-up as well as the increase in consumer and business confidence.  JMO.

On his jokes at the Gridiron Club:
Looks like the President did a great job last night including even some self-deprecating humor!
 :thumbsup:

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2018, 01:16:32 am »
@Emjay

Of course, there's "try" in the real world.  It's just that I've found the higher you get in the organization, the less you get rewarded for it until finally you reach the level of leadership where "trying" just isn't good enough:  only results are expected and rewarded.  Certainly the President of the United States is at that level......at least IMO.  Certainly "real leadership" at senior-levels isn't about trying as asserted in piece from the OP.  JMO.

Relative to celebrating Trump's success.  I'm afraid you're wrong.  I already have recognized and celebrated it on a variety of subjects.  A few examples from the TBR are identified below:

On Trump returning North Korea to the list of State Sponsors of Terror:
Again on the battle against ISIS noting winning the battle is a “big deal”:Clear enough? @skeeter

His visit to wounded troops at Walter Reed right before Christmas:The run-up of the stock market:Campaign strategy in 2016:On the economy:
On his jokes at the Gridiron Club:

Wow, I hope all those examples of you praising Trump are enough that she'll shut the bleep up about at least one person "hating" Trump.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2018, 01:35:35 am »
@Emjay

Okay, you love Trump and you never took credit for the accomplishments of your employees because they just tried and you 'finished.'

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2018, 01:41:12 am »
Okay, you love Trump and you never took credit for the accomplishments of your employees because they just tried and you 'finished.'

You're quite a piece of work, @Emjay.  You prance around claiming nobody posts facts, and when facts are provided, showing your premise is badly wrong, you don't apologize.  No, you get all pouty and snippy.

@Concerned

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2018, 12:54:19 am »
Without the Cowboy to abuse, CofA didn't have much reason for living.

@Emjay

As long as there's this gif.....there will be life.

How ya doing??   ^-^

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2018, 12:55:40 am »
@Emjay

As long as there's this gif.....there will be life.

How ya doing??   ^-^

Well look who brought the cat in after so many were wondering where you were hiding!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2018, 12:58:28 am »
Well look who brought the cat in after so many were wondering where you were hiding!

Hey, @INVAR!  Not hiding, I just got tired of the endless fighting and went to another site I hang out on (non-political).  Also when I left, the memo thing was raging, and I was totally uninterested.

Silver Pines

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2018, 12:59:22 am »
     I popped off recently and still have bruises from my last encounter with one of the Mods, so I've been laying kinda low lately.  Besides you're a big girl (not literally) that dishes it out, also, as good as it gets.  I must admit that with @CatherineofAragon MIA I've got my eyes on a new Honey @LauraTXNM

@corbe

And who is this?? She's gonna have to share, that's all I'll say about that.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2018, 01:04:25 am »
Hey, @INVAR!  Not hiding, I just got tired of the endless fighting and went to another site I hang out on (non-political).  Also when I left, the memo thing was raging, and I was totally uninterested.

I can concur. I used to hang out on a non-political forum for Star Wars fans.  Then the last movie came out and what ensued in the following weeks made the fighting going on in here, mild milquetoast by comparison.

It was actually calmer and more rational here on a political forum than over there.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2018, 01:04:49 am »
    $hit Hon, I missed you.  Welcome back!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2018, 03:18:55 am »
I can concur. I used to hang out on a non-political forum for Star Wars fans.  Then the last movie came out and what ensued in the following weeks made the fighting going on in here, mild milquetoast by comparison.

From what you said on another thread about that debate, @INVAR, I think it's best I don't discuss it with you.  I suspect we're on opposing sides!
+++++++++

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2018, 03:41:17 am »
From what you said on another thread about that debate, @INVAR, I think it's best I don't discuss it with you.  I suspect we're on opposing sides!

@INVAR
@Suppressed
Okay, but my 6 year old *LOVES* Star Wars.  He walks around the house humming Darth Vader's theme (please don't be a total Star Wars nerd and correct my naming of the song), like it's his own personal theme song.  My question is, can I let him see the newest movie?

And yes, we're considering seeking counseling about the theme song thing.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2018, 03:42:57 am »

Depends - did you like it or hate it? 

There is no middle ground apparently.

And... also apparently - it has destroyed the childhoods of those who grew up in the era of Episode I and the prequel trilogy.

Apparently.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2018, 03:46:13 am »
@INVAR
@Suppressed
Okay, but my 6 year old *LOVES* Star Wars.  He walks around the house humming Darth Vader's theme (please don't be a total Star Wars nerd and correct my naming of the song), like it's his own personal theme song.  My question is, can I let him see the newest movie?

And yes, we're considering seeking counseling about the theme song thing.

And to think... I had absolutely NOTHING to do with discipling your little guy into a nerd like me!

! No longer available

What Star Wars movies has he seen so far?  If he saw The Force Awakens - then this one picks up literally seconds after that one ends. 

Has he seen the Star Wars Rebels cartoon on Disney XD?  That is probably a pretty good series to get him to watch.  It is finished as a series - but it was a lot of fun and very Star Wars.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 03:48:01 am by INVAR »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2018, 03:49:40 am »
And to think... I had absolutely NOTHING to do with discipling your little guy into a nerd like me!

What Star Wars movies has he seen so far?  If he saw The Force Awakens - then this one picks up literally seconds after that one ends. 

Has he seen the Star Wars Rebels cartoon on Disney XD?  That is probably a pretty good series to get him to watch.  It is finished as a series - but it was a lot of fun and very Star Wars.

Daddy is an electrical engineer and I'm a civil engineer.  He has no shortage of nerd genes.

He has seen Force Awakens.  We took him to the theater to see the last one, whatever it was called, and I wished afterwards that we hadn't.

He has not watched any of the cartoons

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2018, 03:53:58 am »
Daddy is an electrical engineer and I'm a civil engineer.  He has no shortage of nerd genes.

He has seen Force Awakens.  We took him to the theater to see the last one, whatever it was called, and I wished afterwards that we hadn't.

He has not watched any of the cartoons

He will probably like the Rebels cartoon.

And - in case you missed this - there is a new Star Wars movie coming out in May - that covers Han Solo's backstory of how he met Chewie.  Looks like fun.

! No longer available