Author Topic: This Is What Leadership Looks Like  (Read 7016 times)

Offline jpsb

Re: This Is What Leadership Looks Like
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 02:17:51 pm »
But I'll probably hang in here for a while.

Please do, you are one of the few here I respect @Emjay and enjoy conversing with as long as the
topic is not Bush. LOL.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 02:23:35 pm »
Listen. I'm about done listening to people tell me how awesome 1st loser was in a race and how he would do such a great job. To do a great job you have to get it first. The Cruz bullshit on this site is like listening to some degenerate alcoholic at the bar talk about how Tampa Bay was cheated out of the Super Bowl this year.

It does get very tiring. Reminds me of the Paul bots for Ron Paul. I liked Paul, he was my
Congressman. But the cult of Paul did much to diminish him at a voice of reason in DC. I
fear the Cult of Cruz (pretty much the same people) will do the same to Cruz. Cruz will never
be president since Cruz is not a natural born citizen.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 02:23:57 pm »
   This Thread needs more cowbell. 

*resisting the greater urge to post a pic of Sen.Cruz out of respect @Emjay, had RiV started this Thread I would have already posted the pic..JS

You mean like this one?  Couldn't resist; after all he does live rent free in some people's minds.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 03:33:05 pm »
You sure are a fair weather fan.

Screw Cruz. Pharma whore.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 03:54:14 pm »
I think that in the era of Trump THIS:

Is what leadership looks like.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 04:02:54 pm »
@corbe @Right_in_Virginia

Don't be dissing RIV to me today.  She was the only person who was nice to me on the thread about Trump's unspeakable behavior in calling an SOB what he is.

I was called everything in the book and a few things that aren't even in the book.

I said some very nice things about you on that thread, including that I was sorry you were leaving.

Now I can say, that I'm glad you didn't leave!

We may disagree (well, we DO disagree) about Trump, but you're A-OK in my book!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 04:06:24 pm »
I miss @CatherineofAragon terribly.  My heart hurts every time I think about it.... 8888crybaby

Me too.

She really, really needs to come back!  She can fight back admirably, but she was beat up so bad by some very icky boys that I understand why she needed a break.

Fighting against smears all the time can wear a person out......

@CatherineofAragon

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 04:24:22 pm »
Listen. I'm about done listening to people tell me how awesome 1st loser was in a race and how he would do such a great job. To do a great job you have to get it first. The Cruz bullshit on this site is like listening to some degenerate alcoholic at the bar talk about how Tampa Bay was cheated out of the Super Bowl this year.

I don't disagree. Just making notes for my tell-all book.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 05:12:19 pm »
@Emjay Wait, do you have an island???  And your kids are coming to visit?  I'm so jealous!

@LauraTXNM   Hah.  I wish!  I don't have an Island but I've lived on Maui for 3 years and I love it here.  My daughter lives next door with her husband.  They are both wonderful and her husband is fantastic.  It's like having a handyman who can do anything right next door.

My son (also wonderful) and his wife, my DIL that I adore live in the second best place in the world, Canon City, Colorado.  They left yesterday.  They were here a week and it was great having them.  My son loves Kihei (our town on Maui).  He would move here in a minute if he could.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 05:15:23 pm »
I said some very nice things about you on that thread, including that I was sorry you were leaving.

Now I can say, that I'm glad you didn't leave!

We may disagree (well, we DO disagree) about Trump, but you're A-OK in my book!   :patriot:

Yes, we disagree but I like you also.

This forum is wonderful for discussion but some people love to fight.  I tried to get on a long thread yesterday about Trump's accomplishments but the Mods had just shut it down for infighting.
Kinda sad.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 05:20:31 pm »
This sentence is the crux of what I think is wrong about all the premature celebrations, accolades, and tributes for Trump simply accepting a meeting with a dictator (which is all that's actually happened to date).  Contrary to Tim Mostert's assertion above, I don't think "real leadership" is about being willing to sit down and hammer out a solution, it's about ACTUALLY hammering out the solution. 

If in this case, Trump gets North Korea to actually denuke and he gets inspectors access to all of North Korea to verify this, I'll give the President all the credit in the world.  No one else has been able to accomplish that, and if he does, he'll deserve all that credit.  That's a huge IF and we're a long way from it IMO.  Until the solution is actually hammered out, I'm not going to celebrate someone who's simply willing to solve a problem.  Let's solve it THEN let's celebrate!

@Concerned   You cannot solve a problem unless you're willing to TRY to solve it and even take the risk of failing.  Please, a tiny bit of credit for the effort.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 05:20:36 pm »

This forum is wonderful for discussion but some people love to fight.  I tried to get on a long thread yesterday about Trump's accomplishments but the Mods had just shut it down for infighting.
Kinda sad.

I agree.   I like a lively debate, and sometimes get sucked into things I shouldn't, but the non-stop bickering of some really brings the forum down, IMO.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 05:24:46 pm »

Kinda sad.

I think they reopened it.  But who wants to go there now, after all the spilt blood?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 05:38:00 pm »
@Concerned   You cannot solve a problem unless you're willing to TRY to solve it and even take the risk of failing.  Please, a tiny bit of credit for the effort.

@Emjay

When I was working, I used to have an executive or two working for me who wanted to get credit for "the effort".  As I told them, our Board of Directors and shareholders aren't compensating us for "effort", they are compensating us for "results".  Most of these executives who wanted credit just for effort didn't last that long under me.

This is even more true with the President of the United States IMO.  The American People don't vote them in for "effort", we (at least most of us, I think), voted them in for "results".  "Real leadership" is just not about "effort" IMO, it's about "results" period. At least IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 05:39:46 pm »
I know.  I am a big girl well able to defend myself and my opinions.  But there is so much ignorance and so little time.

@LauraTXNM might be a good girlfriend for you but she gets pretty hot if you diss El Paso so watch it.

Without the Cowboy to abuse, CofA didn't have much reason for living.

After my 'discussion' today with people who were totally freaked out by Trump's language, I briefly considered taking a long break from this forum.

There is no excuse whatever for the behavior of some of the posters here.

But I'll probably hang in here for a while.

@Emjay Good stay here..this is a political forum and there is bound to be major disagreements not to be taken too seriously I hope....we are all Briefers!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 05:42:23 pm »
I don't disagree. Just making notes for my tell-all book.

I gotta note for you..........D Major.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2018, 05:47:51 pm »

D Major isn't a note, it's a scale made up of several notes.   :tongue2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 05:48:58 pm »

That's not a note, that's a chord....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 05:49:27 pm »
D Major isn't a note, it's a scale made up of several notes.   :tongue2:

Then you are getting a bargain.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2018, 05:51:16 pm »
Then you are getting a bargain.

I hope one of them is a copy of one of the love notes you wrote to Madeline.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 05:52:59 pm »
I hope one of them is a copy of one of the love notes you wrote to Madeline.

She liked braile so I would punch her in the face.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 05:53:54 pm »
@Emjay Good stay here..this is a political forum and there is bound to be major disagreements not to be taken too seriously I hope....we are all Briefers!

Oh yeah?

:whistle:
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 05:59:41 pm »
   One of my favorite beer joints is across the street from a MHMR Clinic (Mental Health/Mental Retardation), I always park my car at the clinic and walk across the street so no one knows I go to that bar, with that being said My Mother still thinks I'm over at TOS.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2018, 06:07:56 pm »
****slapping

I was going to post the slappies preemptively, but I was afraid you might think I was slapping at you...I chose the whistler instead.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:08:21 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.