Author Topic: This Is What Leadership Looks Like  (Read 7041 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This Is What Leadership Looks Like
« on: March 13, 2018, 02:38:12 am »
Well, well, well.  So Mister Trump is going to meet with the leader of North Korea.  Stunning.  For someone who's universally castigated as being a clueless, all thumbs palooka of a leader, this fellow sure gets a lot of things done.  Very significant things.  One might even say world transforming.

You can hate him, berate him, and try very hard to minimize any of his accomplishments, but President Trump is starting to tip the arguments his way.

President Trump has his own methods, and although they're not spiritually framed like MLK's were, they are just as shrewd.

The President's critics are practically foaming at the mouth, and aren't capable of having any rational discourse with regard to Mr Trump.  This new breakthrough with North Korea is so important in the light of world power and security, and so clearly positive, that there's almost no basis on which to criticize it, or him.

This creates a great dilemma.  To acknowledge the obvious, that Trump is moving in the right direction, is heretical.  At no stage will those who oppose the President ever acquiesce in the slightest.  But how does one argue against Trump when there's such obvious evidence that the man is breaking through in world diplomacy?  And on a level not seen since Nixon thawing the frosty Chinese.  Nixon never got the Peace Prize, but his accomplishment was so objectively worthy the Nobel committee had to give it to someone associated with the détente.  So they gave it to his Secretary of State.  Anyone but Nixon.

Martin Luther King was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, the same year 'Why We Can't Wait' was published.  The prize was given because of what King had accomplished in the Birmingham march the previous year, and for the sentiment expressed in his book, including his 'ten commandments.'

In 2018, King (and Mandela, ironically) is seen as a bit of an embarrassment by the racist left.  Not militant enough.  Too willing to refrain from judging others on the color of their skin, seeing the content of a person's character as more important.  How quaint.  Fifteen years before MLK made his Birmingham march, Miles Davis rejected Louis Armstrong, because of how willing Satchmo was to perform with white musicians, and because he didn't show sufficient race rage.  In the same way, today's race militants demand unbridled anger.  This is a mistake.Racism and prejudice are terrible and destructive, no matter the color of the person practicing them.  No one gets a pass.  Not even great musicians.

Real leadership is when one is willing to sit down with an adversary, and hammer out a solution.  Martin Luther King was a great man, and thoroughly deserved his Peace Prize.  He was a disruptor who changed America.  Donald Trump is a disruptor of a different kind, but no less compelling.  He's about to confound his critics once again.  Let's hope their heads don't explode.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/03/this_is_what_leadership_looks_like.html
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: This Is What Leadership Looks Like
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 02:40:14 am »
A little bit of sanity to spread around here.  Sorely needed.

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 02:48:39 am »

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 02:51:08 am »
   This Thread needs more cowbell. 

*resisting the greater urge to post a pic of Sen.Cruz out of respect @Emjay, had RiV started this Thread I would have already posted the pic..JS
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 02:56:21 am »

*resisting the greater urge to post a pic of Sen.Cruz out of respect @Emjay, had RiV started this Thread I would have already posted the pic..JS

Is that the same Ted Cruz who lost his ass to the President?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 02:59:42 am »

This was actually an interesting article.  It's much longer than what I posted and also has a lot about Martin Luther King and various leaders of the past.

I've said this before and it hurts like hell to say it, but I'm kinda glad Ted Cruz did not win this time around.  The climate is so utterly vicious and conservatism so very rare that I don't think he could have accomplished his goals.  Trump is maybe a better man for these vile times.

Ted will be President someday and I believe conservatism will rise again in the country and support his goals.

@corbe   Where the heck were you when the Lilliputians were attacking me today?  I thought I had one friend among the anti-Trump crowd.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 03:03:02 am »

@corbe @Right_in_Virginia

Don't be dissing RIV to me today.  She was the only person who was nice to me on the thread about Trump's unspeakable behavior in calling an SOB what he is.

I was called everything in the book and a few things that aren't even in the book.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 03:08:22 am »
     I popped off recently and still have bruises from my last encounter with one of the Mods, so I've been laying kinda low lately.  Besides you're a big girl (not literally) that dishes it out, also, as good as it gets.  I must admit that with @CatherineofAragon MIA I've got my eyes on a new Honey @LauraTXNM
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline endicom

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 03:08:43 am »
I've said this before and it hurts like hell to say it, but I'm kinda glad Ted Cruz did not win this time around.

With any luck, a much wiser Ted Cruz will be ready to succeed Trump and with a running start to actually accomplish something.

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 03:20:35 am »
   After 8 years of Trump there won't be anything left for Cruz to save, we'll all be on our way to Canada where he can legally be our Prime Minister.   Screw you Hosers!

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 04:18:26 am »
Awww, @corbe  888tapping cat

How is @CatherineofAragon?  Is she okay?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 04:33:45 am »
Well, well, well.  So Mister Trump is going to meet with the leader of North Korea.  Stunning.  For someone who's universally castigated as being a clueless, all thumbs palooka of a leader, this fellow sure gets a lot of things done.  Very significant things.  One might even say world transforming.

You can hate him, berate him, and try very hard to minimize any of his accomplishments, but President Trump is starting to tip the arguments his way.

President Trump has his own methods, and although they're not spiritually framed like MLK's were, they are just as shrewd.

The President's critics are practically foaming at the mouth, and aren't capable of having any rational discourse with regard to Mr Trump.  This new breakthrough with North Korea is so important in the light of world power and security, and so clearly positive, that there's almost no basis on which to criticize it, or him.

This creates a great dilemma.  To acknowledge the obvious, that Trump is moving in the right direction, is heretical.  At no stage will those who oppose the President ever acquiesce in the slightest.  But how does one argue against Trump when there's such obvious evidence that the man is breaking through in world diplomacy?  And on a level not seen since Nixon thawing the frosty Chinese.  Nixon never got the Peace Prize, but his accomplishment was so objectively worthy the Nobel committee had to give it to someone associated with the détente.  So they gave it to his Secretary of State.  Anyone but Nixon.

Martin Luther King was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964, the same year 'Why We Can't Wait' was published.  The prize was given because of what King had accomplished in the Birmingham march the previous year, and for the sentiment expressed in his book, including his 'ten commandments.'

In 2018, King (and Mandela, ironically) is seen as a bit of an embarrassment by the racist left.  Not militant enough.  Too willing to refrain from judging others on the color of their skin, seeing the content of a person's character as more important.  How quaint.  Fifteen years before MLK made his Birmingham march, Miles Davis rejected Louis Armstrong, because of how willing Satchmo was to perform with white musicians, and because he didn't show sufficient race rage.  In the same way, today's race militants demand unbridled anger.  This is a mistake.Racism and prejudice are terrible and destructive, no matter the color of the person practicing them.  No one gets a pass.  Not even great musicians.

Real leadership is when one is willing to sit down with an adversary, and hammer out a solution.  Martin Luther King was a great man, and thoroughly deserved his Peace Prize.  He was a disruptor who changed America.  Donald Trump is a disruptor of a different kind, but no less compelling.  He's about to confound his critics once again.  Let's hope their heads don't explode.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/03/this_is_what_leadership_looks_like.html

I'm pretty sure I read the same kind of gushing, fawning and stroking-of-the-President while castigating all dissenters lecture piece, almost word-for-word in the essays and Op-Ed treatises the MSM vomited forth when Obama was going to go and meet and shake hands with Raul Castro.

I'm almost sure of it.

Funny that today because it is Trump - the idea of taking a wait-and-see-what-actually-transpires caution that the very same people tossed out with Obama meeting Castro, is today discarded.

Because it's Trump.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 04:43:23 am »
Awww, @corbe  888tapping cat

How is @CatherineofAragon?  Is she okay?

I suspect she's fine @LauraTXNM, pursuing other hobbies/interests, she lurks from time to time, she's probably just recharging her 'suffer no fools' batteries as we all do from time to time.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 05:07:46 am »
A little bit of sanity to spread around here.  Sorely needed.

Trying to convince yourself are you?  I think we will hold out for the details before we declare anything with Rocket man and the Donald sane.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 05:20:41 am »
   I suspect she's fine @LauraTXNM, pursuing other hobbies/interests, she lurks from time to time, she's probably just recharging her 'suffer no fools' batteries as we all do from time to time.

I miss @CatherineofAragon terribly.  My heart hurts every time I think about it.... 8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 05:23:42 am »
Trying to convince yourself are you?  I think we will hold out for the details before we declare anything with Rocket man and the Donald sane.

Oh just finally admit it. You love Trump and talk about him with people in the check out line. Your act here is just a fraud and it is very apparent.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 05:26:32 am »
Oh just finally admit it. You love Trump and talk about him with people in the check out line. Your act here is just a fraud and it is very apparent.

LOL!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 05:58:17 am »

With any luck, a much wiser Ted Cruz will be ready to succeed Trump and with a running start to actually accomplish something.

That is my fond hope.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 06:00:57 am »

@Chosen Daughter

I hope you could bring yourself to fight through the Trump hate and actually read the article. 

It was both interesting and informative about leaders in the past and present.

But I'm not gonna argue with Trump haters any more.  It's a waste of time.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 06:06:29 am »
     I popped off recently and still have bruises from my last encounter with one of the Mods, so I've been laying kinda low lately.  Besides you're a big girl (not literally) that dishes it out, also, as good as it gets.  I must admit that with @CatherineofAragon MIA I've got my eyes on a new Honey @LauraTXNM

I know.  I am a big girl well able to defend myself and my opinions.  But there is so much ignorance and so little time.

@LauraTXNM might be a good girlfriend for you but she gets pretty hot if you diss El Paso so watch it.

Without the Cowboy to abuse, CofA didn't have much reason for living.

After my 'discussion' today with people who were totally freaked out by Trump's language, I briefly considered taking a long break from this forum.

There is no excuse whatever for the behavior of some of the posters here.

But I'll probably hang in here for a while.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 06:11:33 am »
   After 8 years of Trump there won't be anything left for Cruz to save, we'll all be on our way to Canada where he can legally be our Prime Minister.   Screw you Hosers!

@corbe   Aside from your personal distaste for the man, I can't figure out why you think Trump is ruining the country.

There are no facts to support that.  And don't give me the no wall, no obamacare repeal, no this, no that.  It's been one year with absolute viciousness from the press, a smarmy bunch of losers in the Senate, and a lot of leftover Obama judges who try to stop him at every turn.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2018, 07:23:37 am »
I know.  I am a big girl well able to defend myself and my opinions.  But there is so much ignorance and so little time.

@LauraTXNM might be a good girlfriend for you but she gets pretty hot if you diss El Paso so watch it.

Without the Cowboy to abuse, CofA didn't have much reason for living.

After my 'discussion' today with people who were totally freaked out by Trump's language, I briefly considered taking a long break from this forum.

There is no excuse whatever for the behavior of some of the posters here.

But I'll probably hang in here for a while.

@Emjay Wait, do you have an island???  And your kids are coming to visit?  I'm so jealous!
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2018, 12:28:32 pm »
Real leadership is when one is willing to sit down with an adversary, and hammer out a solution. 

This sentence is the crux of what I think is wrong about all the premature celebrations, accolades, and tributes for Trump simply accepting a meeting with a dictator (which is all that's actually happened to date).  Contrary to Tim Mostert's assertion above, I don't think "real leadership" is about being willing to sit down and hammer out a solution, it's about ACTUALLY hammering out the solution. 

If in this case, Trump gets North Korea to actually denuke and he gets inspectors access to all of North Korea to verify this, I'll give the President all the credit in the world.  No one else has been able to accomplish that, and if he does, he'll deserve all that credit.  That's a huge IF and we're a long way from it IMO.  Until the solution is actually hammered out, I'm not going to celebrate someone who's simply willing to solve a problem.  Let's solve it THEN let's celebrate! 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2018, 02:02:48 pm »
Is that the same Ted Cruz who lost his ass to the President?

You sure are a fair weather fan.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2018, 02:06:13 pm »
You sure are a fair weather fan.

Listen. I'm about done listening to people tell me how awesome 1st loser was in a race and how he would do such a great job. To do a great job you have to get it first. The Cruz bullshit on this site is like listening to some degenerate alcoholic at the bar talk about how Tampa Bay was cheated out of the Super Bowl this year.