Author Topic: 'Chuck, this is serious': Patrick Leahy calls for 'urgent' hearing on White House attacks on DOJ, FB  (Read 782 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'Chuck, this is serious': Patrick Leahy calls for 'urgent' hearing on White House attacks on DOJ, FBI
by Kimberly Leonard
 | March 17, 2018 04:01 PM

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., is urging Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, to schedule an "urgent" Judiciary Committee hearing on the Trump administration's "escalating politicized attacks" of the Justice Department and the FBI.

“During my four decades in the Senate, I have never before seen our nation’s career, apolitical law enforcement officials so personally and publicly maligned by politicians — indeed, by our president," he wrote in a note alongside the letter, which was initially dated Jan. 30 but made public Saturday.

The letter contained a hand-written note, "Chuck, this is serious."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/chuck-this-is-serious-patrick-leahy-calls-for-urgent-hearing-on-white-house-attacks-on-doj-fbi
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

The false accusations that the President of the United States colluded with Russia is serious.  The fake dossiers handed to a judge is serious.  The fact that the Clinton administration tried to tamper with the election is serious.  Perhaps Mr. Leahy there needs to be a special counsel investigating Rosenstein and Muller!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
“During my four decades in the Senate,

And that my friends is the problem.  This jackwagon has spent way too much time in office sucking the US dry.

Screw you "Patricia".
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The FBI has become corrupted and politicized.  THAT is serious.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

The FBI has become corrupted and politicized.  THAT is serious.

The DOJ AND the FBI have become corrupted and politicized.  THAT is serious!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Smells like .... fear

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The hypocrisy is jaw dropping.