Author Topic: Furious PM blames Putin for 'brazen' attack on former spy using 'high grade' nerve agent on British  (Read 545 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Theresa May dramatically pointed the finger at Vladimir Putin tonight over the nerve gas attack on a former spy.

The Prime Minister said the facts increasingly suggested Russia was behind the apparent 'hit' on double-agent Sergei Skripal in Salisbury.

Branding the attack a 'reckless and despicable act', Mrs May said the substance used was a 'military grade' agent Moscow has produced.

Together with Russia's previous actions and tactics, including the killing of Alexander Litvinenko, the UK authorities had concluded it was 'highly likely' to be involved in the episode.

In a tough statement updating MPs after a meeting of the National Security Council, Mrs May said: 'It is now clear that Mr Skripal and his daughter were poisoned with military grade nerve agent of a type developed by Russia.

'This is part of a group of nerve agents known as novichok.

'Based on the positive identification of this chemical agent by world leading experts at the laboratory at Port Down, our knowledge that Russia has previously produced this agent and would still be cap able of doing so, Russia's record of conducting state sponsored assassinations, and our assessment that Russia views defectors as a legitimate target for assassination the government has concluded that it is highly likely Russia was responsible for the act against Sergei and Yulia Skripal.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5488531/Theresa-denial-not-blaming-Kremlin-nerve-gas-attack.html#ixzz59Yi6EoBr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I thought Trump was the only "Furious" world leader?   

I'm so confused.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline The_Reader_David

I thought Trump was the only "Furious" world leader?   

I'm so confused.

He's the only one who's furious with a brash, over-the-top American sort of fury. May was furious in the typically understated British way.  ^-^
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:28:06 pm by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DB

Apparently Russia doesn't care that everyone knows they did it...

In your face murder to set an example.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
He's the only one who's furious with a brash, over-the-top American sort of fury. May was furious in the typically understated British way.  ^-^

Oh the old "Stiff Upper Lip" and all the rot type furious .   :cool:
@The_Reader_David 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tillerson: Ex-spy's poisoning 'clearly came from Russia'
The Hill, Mar 12 2018, Jacqueline Thomsen

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Monday that the poisoning of an ex-Russian spy in Britain “clearly came from Russia” and “certainly will trigger a response."

Tillerson said in a statement that he doesn’t know if the Kremlin was aware of the poisoning, but that the nerve agent used in the attack could not have come from any other country.

He called the attack “a really egregious act” and said it was “almost beyond comprehension” that officials of any government would use the poison in a public location.

“From Ukraine to Syria — and now the [United Kingdom] — Russia continues to be an irresponsible force of instability in the world, acting with open disregard for the sovereignty of other states and the life of their citizens,” Tillerson said.

Ex-Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter were found to have been poisoned with a nerve agent in Britain last week.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/378040-tillerson-ex-spys-poisoning-clearly-came-from-russia

Offline thackney

Britain Gives Russia 'Until Midnight' To Explain Use Of Nerve Gas
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/13/593151061/britain-gives-russia-until-midnight-to-explain-use-of-nerve-gas
March 13, 2018

British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said Tuesday that Russia has "until midnight tonight" to explain how a lethal Novichok nerve agent that was developed in Russia came to be used on U.K. soil. Johnson said Britain is preparing to take "commensurate but robust" action.

Reiterating British Prime Minister Theresa May's statement that it was "highly likely" Russia was to blame for the poisoning of former Russian spy Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, Johnson said, "the use of this nerve agent would represent the first use of nerve agents on the continent of Europe since the Second World War."....

- - - - - - - -

Until midnight, then what?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
"Stop! Or I'll say Stop again!
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Suppressed

Apparently Russia doesn't care that everyone knows they did it...

In your face murder to set an example.

:thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.