Author Topic: National Rifle Association memberships surged in the wake of the anti-NRA protests and “media bias”  (Read 2395 times)

Offline thackney

National Rifle Association memberships surged in the wake of the anti-NRA protests and “media bias” that followed the February 14 Florida school shooting.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/05/nra-memberships-surge-wake-of-anti-nra-protests-media-bias/

The Daily Mail reports that Google searches for “NRA membership” rose “4,900 percent” since the Florida attack. That rise occurred at a time when many Democrats, media personalities, and Hollywood celebrities were denouncing the NRA as causal in the shooting that took 17 lives in a gun-free zone....

...In addition, more than a dozen companies severed ties with the NRA in the wake of the school attack, ending discounted rates and fares for NRA members.

But a large swath of the American populace is equating these various attacks on the NRA with attacks on the Second Amendment, and others see the attacks as proof of “media bias.” The result is an explosion in NRA memberships.

The Daily Mail quoted Cleta Mitchell, a former NRA board member and former Oklahoma lawmaker, who said, “There is no one. NO ONE. Who joins the NRA for a discount on a rental car. You can rest assured that the NRA will not lose a single member as a result of this. If anything, it should spur people to join the NRA as a means of demonstrating that we who believe in the Second Amendment will not be bullied by these left wing multi-billion dollar corporations.”
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
“The gun lobby is very good at marketing themselves and guns in the wake of mass shootings,” said Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action. “They specialize in exploiting shooting tragedies. No, I’m not surprised [about memberships increasing] but at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter, because the vast majority of Americans support stronger gun laws and gun safety.”

Poor dumb misguided Ms Watts. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
They don't need marketing they have the dems to spur sales.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Dear Delta Airlines,

I am not a member of NRA so I can get discounts on your tickets.

Cyber Liberty
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:50:24 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Poor dumb misguided Ms Watts.

Her nickname is "Five Watts."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That high?

Christmas Tree bulbs are the smallest I know.  Maybe they're four? :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline WingNot

You could be right.  I had to replace my in-door water/ice dispenser light and it was an 8 watt.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Four? Still too high. How about #382 bulbs. They are only 1 watt. There were four in each push button on the old NASA Green Consoles. Those critters burned out about as fast as you could change them out. You would think at 1 watt they should last about forever.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
“They specialize in exploiting shooting tragedies.

Wow...a Bloomberg funded group that does nothing but exploit "shooting tragedies" saying that about the NRA?

Talk about no sense of self awareness.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Four? Still too high. How about #382 bulbs. They are only 1 watt. There were four in each push button on the old NASA Green Consoles. Those critters burned out about as fast as you could change them out. You would think at 1 watt they should last about forever.

They had those crappy bulbs in the push-buttons in the radio stations at which I worked, too.
I will NOT comply.