Author Topic: Eric Holder, Florida shooting survivor David Hogg discuss gun control strategy  (Read 706 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eric Holder, Florida shooting survivor David Hogg discuss gun control strategy
by Daniel Chaitin | Mar 3, 2018, 11:37 AM

Former Attorney General Eric Holder discussed on Friday strategy for how to achieve what he views as meaningful gun control with Parkland, Fla., shooting survivor David Hogg.

The pair participated in a panel in the "Overtime" segment of Bill Maher's “Real Time” on HBO, and Holder said some restrictions politicians are looking at – banning bump stocks and raising the age needed to buy semi-automatic rifles – are not sufficient.

“If the only thing that comes out of this tragedy is we outlaw bump stocks and we raise the age at which people are allowed to buy an AR-15, that will be a failure,” Holder, who served as attorney general under former President Barack Obama, explained. “Because the reality – from my perspective – is you need to do what we've always tried to do, which is to ban the sale of AR-15s, have universal background checks, and also take away the ability to buy these large magazines.”

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/eric-holder-florida-shooting-survivor-david-hogg-discuss-gun-control-strategy/article/2650620
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Great plan...let's listen to teenagers. I know I was very wise and informed as a teenager. /s

I get where these kids are coming from. They are scared. But everyone is...there is no "fix".

Offline Applewood

Doesn't this kid have homework or studying to do? 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Doesn't this kid have homework or studying to do?

Did he go back to school?,,he said he wasn't returning until the gun issue was solved..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline oldno7

So--Holder is saying--you are not mentally developed at 18 to own a firearm.

But you are mentally developed, enough at 18 to hangout with me and share your knowledge of American politics.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Got my shipment of 10 30rd pmags today
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

Did he go back to school?,,he said he wasn't returning until the gun issue was solved..lol

Then his parents must be something.  I know if I said I wasn't going to school, my parents would have booted my sorry rear out into the street.  They are doing him no favors by letting him cavort with Holder, appear on talk shows and what not.    I can see him in a few years with no job, homeless, living on the dole, or maybe in his parents' basement playing computer games.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
hogg holder.  that's the ticket.  2020
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Holder can give him tips on getting all of those weapons across the border, so they can kill US border agents and people in France.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
From the article:
“Because the reality – from my perspective – is you need to do what we've always tried to do, which is to ban the sale of AR-15s, have universal background checks, and also take away the ability to buy these large magazines.”

I read earlier today that the Parkland shooter DID NOT HAVE "large magazines" with him -- that he brought only 10-round magazines, which more easily fit into his bag.

So much for that argument.
But hey, no one's paying any attention to the facts and details, anyway!