Author Topic: REI halts Camelbak, Giro brands after parent company fails to take gun stance  (Read 628 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Kent-based outdoor retailer REI is putting on hold partnerships with a company that owns a gun manufacturer.

While REI doesn’t sell guns, it does sell products from companies that recently have been acquired by Vista Outdoors.

Companies under Vista Outdoors include Giro, Bell, Camelbak, Camp Chef and Blackburn. Vista also owns Savage Arms, which manufactures guns, including modern sporting rifles.

“We believe that it is the job of companies that manufacture and sell guns and ammunition to work towards common sense solutions that prevent the type of violence that happened in Florida last month. In the last few days, we’ve seen such action from companies like Dick’s Sporting Goods and Walmart and we applaud their leadership,” REI said in statement.

[excerpted]

http://www.kiro7.com/news/local/rei-halts-camelbak-giro-brands-after-parent-company-fails-to-take-gun-stance/709404032

Well, it looks like I've spent my last dollar in REI and my 20+ years membership will be terminated.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.