Author Topic: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'  (Read 12134 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:21:44 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

President Trump on Wednesday voiced support for confiscating guns from certain dangerous individuals, even if it violates due process rights.

“I like taking the guns early like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:26:26 pm »
 :facepalm2:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 09:27:14 pm »
Trump was responding to comments from Vice President Pence that families and local law enforcement should have more tools to report potentially dangerous individuals with weapons.

:facepalm2:

Too bad nobody thought to report the guy to the FBI and local police, several times.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 09:30:11 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

President Trump on Wednesday voiced support for confiscating guns from certain dangerous individuals, even if it violates due process rights.

“I like taking the guns early like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida ... to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

I see that Trump Il Duce is articulating similar thought processes as all despots do that use the specter of public safety and the security of the state as paramount to individual liberties.

Tomorrow it will be "I like silencing free speech early, like in those libel and slander cases I keep referencing from people who are not nice to me.  To go to court to shut them up takes a long time".

Or - as South Africa just did this morning (with a Kelo twist):

"I like taking land and homes away early like from those crazy property rights people that won't sell to developers for bigger tax revenue for the community, because going to court to do so takes a long time and it's costly".

Due process?

Trump: "We can't afford that."
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 09:31:20 pm »
Remember when the guy was killed in a 'swatting' prank last December?  Wait until people think it's funny to tell authorities you're a mentally unstable gunowner.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:31:53 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 09:38:13 pm »
Remember when the guy was killed in a 'swatting' prank last December?  Wait until people think it's funny to tell authorities you're a mentally unstable gunowner.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192111974.html

I was thinking about that guy in relation to this latest shooting, but in a different way.  All it took was one phone call for that guy to end up dead.  How man calls to did Cruz have about him in to the FBI and locals?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 09:39:30 pm »
So he'd be okay with a coup to remove the weapons from his hands...."and worry about due process later..."
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 09:41:36 pm »
Well Trump, it's been a fun ride, but I'm out. Taking guns without due process is a no go zone for me, worse that it's a kneejerk response to commie agitators pimping dead kids for their gun-grabbing agenda.

I'll focus now on what's happening with what the GOP is doing in my state, who have been kicking tail in the legislature in every direction.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 09:49:16 pm »
Well Trump, it's been a fun ride, but I'm out. Taking guns without due process is a no go zone for me, worse that it's a kneejerk response to commie agitators pimping dead kids for their gun-grabbing agenda.

I'll focus now on what's happening with what the GOP is doing in my state, who have been kicking tail in the legislature in every direction.

He allows his DOJ to confiscate property without due process for possible drug offenses.  This really isn't any different.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 09:51:24 pm »

How many times have I heard that before? Did you check the accuracy of the quote yet? Just asking. I haven’t. But if history is any indication it’s probably a distortion, exaggeration or plain old fabrication.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 09:54:31 pm »
How many times have I heard that before? Did you check the accuracy of the quote yet? Just asking. I haven’t. But if history is any indication it’s probably a distortion, exaggeration or plain old fabrication.

Scroll to 1:55

! No longer available

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 09:55:51 pm »

*****rollingeyes*****

You could have watched the video at the site and gotten it straight from him, but I suppose it was doctored.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 09:56:43 pm »

*****rollingeyes*****

You could have watched the video at the site and gotten it straight from him, but I suppose it was doctored.

Jedi mind tricks.....   :whistle:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 09:58:21 pm »

*****rollingeyes*****

I can't wait to hear the Trumpsplaining on this one.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 09:59:42 pm »
   It's for the kids, besides 'due process' is highly overrated.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 10:02:26 pm »
Bwhahahaha!

Aligncare tries to call it a distortion, when it's right in the vid.

Waiting for RIV to come in here and tell us how BRILLIANT this plan is and how RIGHT Trump is again.

Pathetic.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 10:03:49 pm »
I can't wait to hear the Trumpsplaining on this one.

The split screen in Ace's video is good, because you can see the reactions from Scalise and (I don't know who she is) the lady right next to Pence.  I'm sure they both wanted something stonger than water after hearing that.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 10:12:00 pm »
For the record, when I was in college, a drunk dude attacked me with a baseball bat because his roommate and I were play-wrestling. (As in, we were laughing, and paused to take off his glasses and everything.)

When attacked, I jumped up and defended myself, resulting in a bloody face on his part. I then went to my room to get away from the baseball bat wielding psycho. Well, apparently, someone had called the cops when they saw him attack me with the bat, but when the cops showed up, he was still standing in the hall and started yelling BS about how I had, "Attacked him with a knife!"

Being in ROTC, I had a field knife on my gear in my room. The cops busted in, unannounced, and started screaming, "Where's the knife, where's the knife???" Confused, I pointed out my knife and they promptly arrested me.

When the guys who witnessed the whole thing figured out that *I* was being charged, they went to the police station and gave reports indicating that there was no knife, and that I was, in fact, attacked with a bat. Didn't matter. Police had "diffused" the situation and just went with what they had.

Because I was in ROTC, interested in becoming an officer (at the time), involved in a fight, and had exposure on "disturbing the peace," my lawyer advised me to take "accelerated rehabilitation," which basically meant I did 80 hours of community service and there was no record.

Here's the clincher: standing in front of the judge, I asked my lawyer to request my knife returned to me since it was a gift from my father on my sixteenth birthday. The judge completely ignored the 20-some odd statements from witnesses saying that there was no knife in the altercation, and ONLY looked at the police report which indicated that MY assailant had claimed a knife and one was found. The judge said...

"I can hardly see returning a knife to a dangerous individual like yourself."

My objections were quickly silenced with threats of "full legal action" and all that jazz.

Yeah. Due process. It's a wonderful thing.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 10:12:33 pm »

Here is the video from the meeting, Trump's own words.

http://launch.newsinc.com/embed.html?trackingGroup=91690&siteSection=ndn&videoId=33587463

The Republic is lost.

Offline corbe

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 10:16:20 pm »
   Gotta give the Trumpers credit here, They told us that our Second Amendment rights would be trampled on if we didn't vote for him.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 10:16:25 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2018, 10:18:56 pm »

Oh, I got fussed at a couple days ago for suggesting such a thing.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2018, 10:19:08 pm »
Don't worry everyone. You can put your trust in the government, they are here to help. There is no way something like this will ever be abused. #MAGA

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2018, 10:23:53 pm »
Here is the video from the meeting, Trump's own words.

http://launch.newsinc.com/embed.html?trackingGroup=91690&siteSection=ndn&videoId=33587463

Stop being a hater. You can't trust a video that has a word for word quote in context showing the accuracy of the report.