Author Topic: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'  (Read 12344 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Re: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2018, 02:13:27 pm »
@GtHawk

You have a mildly mentally retarded, emotionally distressed person making vague threats (not
actionable) to shoot something up. And he has the means to shoot something up. What would
you do? Would you be opposed to taking his firearms from him? Until it can be determined if he
really is a threat to himself and others?

Not an ideal solution with plenty of room for abuse, but it does seem like a common sense thing
to do.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Which does this make Trump, "mentally retarded" or emotionally distressed?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2018, 02:14:02 pm »
There it is. Show up with a Rebel or a Gadsen flag sticker in your back window, and you're a terrorist, end of story.

yep, Just saying the word "Texas" can freak out some people.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2018, 02:15:56 pm »
Scoff all you like, but absent a reasonable follow-up explanation from the White House, Trump has once again demonstrated no regard for the Constitution.  This should trouble his supporters  -- unless they too think the Constitution can be disregarded whenever it is convenient to do so.  In that case, maybe Trump and his supporters should just drop any pretense of conservatism and simply become Democrats.

@Applewood you have to understand that hard core Trump followers support his any means necessary attitude...even at the expense of the Constitution.

Things that they would be appalled if Obama or Hillary tried to do or even hinted at become perfectly acceptable and logical because it's "their guy".

No amount of logical reasoning or explanation will ever get through the orange bubble they live in.  There will always be an excuse in their head as to why doing the unthinkable at any other time is just dandy now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2018, 02:16:42 pm »
yep, Just saying the word "Texas" can freak out some people.

Not sure why people are so scared of us...we're a really loveable bunch :)
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2018, 02:22:49 pm »
"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Quick! Somebody take Trump's guns without due process! He threatening to shoot someone on 5th Ave!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2018, 02:23:27 pm »
I hear ya,We're quite friendly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2018, 02:25:02 pm »

I married a Yankee.   When up there, just saying I am from Texas draws a crowd.  At gatherings, kind of like being at the zoo exhibition.  And yes about a 1/3 of the time they ask how many guns that I own.   They are always surprised that mine were lost in a boating incident.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2018, 02:27:07 pm »

There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2018, 02:29:04 pm »

Just big ole cuddly Teddy Bears, by Gawd!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2018, 03:09:50 pm »
@XenaLee
Sorry about that, unsure is the state I live in nowadays.

@GtHawk

Looks like you have your finger of the problem,anyhow. :smokin:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2018, 03:14:37 pm »
More Trump Gun Betrayal: “Take the Guns First”

Posted at 5:30 pm on February 28, 2018 by Susan Wright

Then, Trump chimed in, in response, and this is what should have clear-headed, true patriots clutching their pocket Constitutions a little tighter tonight:

“I like taking the guns early like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

https://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2018/02/28/trump-gun-betrayal-take-guns-first/

9999what 9999what

I am not sure that our President is capable of the job.

@Chosen Daughter

You will never be sure.  Nothing can make you sure. If he were to the right of Barry Goldwater you wouldn't like him.

SANE people realize what he was saying was "when someone is reported to the police to be acting crazy,you take his or her weapons away from them until such time as they have been given a clean bill of health. You do NOT wait until they carry out the mass murders they have been saying they want to commit,and THEN take their weapons away from them.

And it should NOT need to be said that when the cops pick someone up and take them to a mental ward for evaluation,they do not have access to their weapons.

WHY is common sense so uncommon these days?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2018, 03:31:20 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

You will never be sure.  Nothing can make you sure. If he were to the right of Barry Goldwater you wouldn't like him.

SANE people realize what he was saying was "when someone is reported to the police to be acting crazy,you take his or her weapons away from them until such time as they have been given a clean bill of health. You do NOT wait until they carry out the mass murders they have been saying they want to commit,and THEN take their weapons away from them.

And it should NOT need to be said that when the cops pick someone up and take them to a mental ward for evaluation,they do not have access to their weapons.

So you have a Mr Social Justice Warrior, let's call him David. Well David really hates gun owners. He sees many comments on local news articles by a man named Pete defending the NRA and gun ownership. So David decides to take action. He and his friends call their local police chief (good old progressive guy too) over and over making accusations that Pete is mentally unstable. They don't really know Pete or if be really is, but in their mind, anyone who thinks like Pete is a danger to society.

So Mr police Chief, listening to David and his friends, confiscate all of Pete's guns with zero due process and very little recourse.

This isn't crazy, it already happens with parents having children removed by CPS for the parents beliefs. It ilso is how SJWs stifle speech on social media.

Offline thackney

« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2018, 03:31:58 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

You believe authorities should be allowed to take all weapons if "someone" reports them to be crazy?

Guilty until proven innocent without investigation?

Or do I misunderstand you?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2018, 03:39:16 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

goopo

This was a discussion, not a policy statement per that meeting yesterday.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2018, 03:42:36 pm »
goopo

Sad and yet totally predictable you'd have this attitude towards Trump making that kind of statement...but would be in a hand wringing hysterical panic if Hillary or Obama had said the same thing.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #165 on: March 01, 2018, 03:43:02 pm »
Am I the only one wondering if Trump is playing "whack the mole" with the Dims,by going on tv with people like Fineswine and agreeing with them that "there should be laws to prevent these people from getting guns,and there should be background checks!",getting them to all smile for the camera and attempt to kiss his ass?

Just imagine their joy at the thought of being able to brag that " President Trump is on our side,while your old white man congressman or Senator is glad school children were murdered by these evil weapons!"

I wonder how happy they will be if he holds a press conference in  a week or so to announce he had been wrong because there are ALREADY laws on the books that would have disarmed Cruz IF THE LOCAL DIM OFFICIALS HAD FOLLOWED THE LAW instead of ignoring crime to get federal grant money?

He can then follow that up by naming the local sheriff and the local school board members,and cite the laws they ignored that allowed this to happen,stating that in essence the deaths were THEIR fault for allowing a mentally troubled youth they knew was armed to go free to shoot people?

Trump will have already been on record and broadast into homes all over America,even leftist strongholds that never report anything positive a Republican does,and people/voters who really don't normally pay much attention to politics until it's time to vote will be saying to themselves,"Self,Trump CLEARLY proved  he was for public safety and keep guns out of the hands of criminals last week,and now we find it it was the fault of the local Dim  politicians,not lax or non-existent gun laws!"

Trump will be on record as being FOR protecting the public by keeping guns out of the hands of crazy people,and he will be on tv saying how it was the Dims in Florida that keep EXISTING LAWS FROM BEING ENFORCED.

Suddenly,he looks like a statesman concerned with public safety,and has been on tv saying the laws are already in place and we don't need more laws.

Who are the voters going to believe then,the guy that was all for more gun control until he found out the exact laws he were proposing were already in place and being ignored,or the Dims,who will suddenly turn against him again?

NOT saying this WILL happen,but he's done similar things in the past. Don't forget,his whole business model is based around convincing people he is a buffoon they can ignore and dominate,and then at the end he ends up being the one that leaves with the money.

Astute observation. This is exactly how President Trump has rolled so far.  When he says stuff like this he’s usually maneuvering his opponents. It’s a thing of beauty.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #166 on: March 01, 2018, 03:44:11 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

Of course that is what he was saying. But the kneejerk people here won't listen to reason. They'll just dismiss common sense by saying that you are a crazy Trump supporter, who will support him no matter what.

That kid in FL should have had his guns confiscated and he should have been locked up for evaluation. Anyone who can't see that is delusional and probably is a member of Alex Jones' website.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2018, 03:45:02 pm »

Of course that is what he was saying. But the kneejerk people here won't listen to reason. They'll just dismiss common sense by saying that you are a crazy Trump supporter, who will support him no matter what.

That kid in FL should have had his guns confiscated and he should have been locked up for evaluation. Anyone who can't see that is delusional and probably is a member of Alex Jones' website.

And what about that thing called the 4th Amendment?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2018, 03:45:34 pm »
Astute observation. This is exactly how President Trump has rolled so far.  When he says stuff like this he’s usually maneuvering his opponents. It’s a thing of beauty.

Any excuse to cover for your boy huh?  **nononono*

Online LMAO

« Reply #169 on: March 01, 2018, 03:52:46 pm »
Sad and yet totally predictable you'd have this attitude towards Trump making that kind of statement...but would be in a hand wringing hysterical panic if Hillary or Obama had said the same thing.

I think it comes down to our being a tribal species. The chief of the tribe must be protected from all enemies, real or perceived. And you are correct. If a president Hillary or President Obama made this exact same statement, we all would be up in arms and there would be no spin of what they “really meant to say” at least from conservative circles

He needs to come out and clear this up, ASAP
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #170 on: March 01, 2018, 03:55:05 pm »

3 Core Facets of Narcissism, from Malignant to Adaptive
New research provides insights into narcissism’s complex features.
Posted Feb 27, 2018   Susan Krauss Whitbourne Ph.D.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,306096.0.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #171 on: March 01, 2018, 04:00:24 pm »
SANE people realize what he was saying was "when someone is reported to the police to be acting crazy,you take his or her weapons away from them until such time as they have been given a clean bill of health. Y

Yes...this was exactly what the Soviets used so effectively in maintaining tyranny.

I don't know.  Perhaps because so few know history or the Constitution, so they think things like due process are mere niceties, to fall by the wayside until the government decides the citizens may have their rights back.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #172 on: March 01, 2018, 04:02:43 pm »
goopo

Yes, but it was a discussion of something he believes was a good idea and should be implemented. Who gets to be the arbiter of what is ‘crazy’ and when you are ‘well enough’ to receive your weapons back?   All we have done since the election is talk about FIFA abuse by the government.   Now we want to give them more power to abuse the fourth amendment?

Come on.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #173 on: March 01, 2018, 04:03:26 pm »
Yes...this was exactly what the Soviets used so effectively in maintaining tyranny.

IIRC...FDR did the same thing...St. Elizabeth's in DC was used for basically the same purpose.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2018, 04:04:43 pm »
He needs to come out and clear this up, ASAP

@LMAO but if he follows his normal habits...he'll see the shock outrage and criticism of what he said and double down on it.