Author Topic: Broward Sheriff's office's active shooter protocol does not require a deputy to engage the shooter.  (Read 1590 times)

Online mountaineer

Three high-ranking Florida officials close to the law enforcement response at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School tell Fox News there was a delay in Emergency Medical Service getting into the school in the critical moments after Nikolas Cruz allegedly opened fire, killing 17 people and wounding at least 14 others.

Two separate sources told Fox News some of the EMS teams who requested to enter the school were told they could not. One source said it was the Broward County Sheriff’s Office – which was the commanding office – that ordered some of the EMS crews not to go into the school when they requested to enter.  ...

Multiple high-ranking sources told Fox News police officers and deputies were bringing victims out to EMS workers to be treated instead of allowing EMS inside. One fire official said that “sometimes” that’s just how it would happen, but at least one emergency responder wondered if the response was detrimental to the victims.

Three Florida officials confirmed to Fox News that the emergency response at Stoneman Douglas apparently went against standard EMS training in which EMS teams typically go into emergency situations right behind police as soon as possible. ... 
More at FOX News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
"Now, our sources near the Broward County sheriff’s department are telling us that the deputies who arrived at the scene of the shooting were told not to enter the school unless their body cameras were turned on, and then we found out that the deputies did not have body cameras so they did not enter the building or engage the shooter,” Ingraham said.

â€œCuriously, police also lost radio communications during the Parkland shooting. And our source claims that radio communication also went dead during the Fort Lauderdale airport shooting in 2017 that he also got a lot of criticism for.”

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/26/breaking-deputies-told-not-to-go-in/

This story just gets more strange and infuriating.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:09:00 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline bolobaby

Protocol does not require it.

Being a MAN does.

Pu$$ies.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:11:39 pm by bolobaby »
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I don't buy into those Alex Jones 'false flag' conspiracy theories. But I have say as a factual matter, when all the facts are laid out and examined logically, if someone wanted this to happen, and if someone wanted maximum carnage, every detail of what happened in this shooting enabled the shooter.

If this was designed by somebody for some reason to ensure the shooter was allowed to achieve his demented goals, they could not have done a better job in every detail.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's my understanding the shooting was long over and the sheriff still denied the EMTs access to aid the wounded. Will see if I can find verification of that, however.

Believe that's because the video feed they were watching was on a ten minute delay....they thought it was live.

That said, what the hell good are security camera feeds if you cannot view in 'Real Time'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Believe that's because the video feed they were watching was on a ten minute delay....they thought it was live.

That said, what the hell good are security camera feeds if you cannot view in 'Real Time'.

There is good reason to have the system on tape delay IF you think something might happen you wouldn't want anyone else to see.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I don't buy into those Alex Jones 'false flag' conspiracy theories. But I have say as a factual matter, when all the facts are laid out and examined logically, if someone wanted this to happen, and if someone wanted maximum carnage, every detail of what happened in this shooting enabled the shooter.

If this was designed by somebody for some reason to ensure the shooter was allowed to achieve his demented goals, they could not have done a better job in every detail.

@240B
I don't think they set Cruz up to do what he did.  They didn't train him nor do I think they put the idea in his head.

They did contribute to the circumstances which allowed it to happen.  They ignored evidence of problems and key warnings.

They also handled the response extremely poorly which most certainly increased the death toll.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Victoria33

Active shooting scene? We don't need no steenkin' cops - or even medical assistance.True Pundit
@mountaineer
@mystery-ak
@TomSea 

I have put this info. about EMS protocol on a thread already, maybe it was this one.

While undergoing EMS training, we had to know when we could go into a house/building, etc.  This is why police respond to every call for EMTs.  EMTs cannot go into a structure WITHOUT police giving them permission to go in.  The reason is, a dead EMT cannot help anyone.  I was in that training, responded to medical calls, traveled in the ambulance to the scene, and we could not go into a structure without police telling us it was safe.

Think about it - seldom do you hear of EMTs dying when they answer a call.  That is due to the police being there to evaluate the situation.  Police will not give EMTs permission to enter until they have determined it is safe for EMTs to go in.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
When you can hear shots being fired and know that people are dying, protocol can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
When you can hear shots being fired and know that people are dying, protocol can go straight to hell as far as I'm concerned!

Exactly. There is no 'rule' or protocol that could have kept me from going in. What many of the pundits are missing is the disruption factor. Even if Peterson had gone in and simply fired his weapon into a wall that would have been enough to disturb the punk. Just to let him know that an armed person is on the way would have caused him to pause and think and likely to run away.

Doing nothing is the worst possible decision.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Exactly. There is no 'rule' or protocol that could have kept me from going in. What many of the pundits are missing is the disruption factor. Even if Peterson had gone in and simply fired his weapon into a wall that would have been enough to disturb the punk. Just to let him know that an armed person is on the way would have caused him to pause and think and likely to run away.

Doing nothing is the worst possible decision.

Absolutely right on all counts!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
There is good reason to have the system on tape delay IF you think something might happen you wouldn't want anyone else to see.

You sir, are extremely wise. The only reason the school would have used a 'tape delay' is if they wanted to edit events as they were happening real time. This implies that there are two feeds. There is a 'real time' feed that someone is monitoring which may or may not be recorded, and there is a secondary 'tape delay' feed which is what the cops were viewing.