Author Topic: Academy Awards Producers Trying To Tone Down Politics Fearing Low Ratings  (Read 732 times)

Offline mountaineer

Academy Awards Producers Trying To Tone Down Politics Fearing Low Ratings
February 24, 2018 by Jim Hoft

The folks behind the Academy Awards are starting to figure out that most Americans don’t want to hear left wing political lectures from movie stars. Ratings for other recent awards shows have been disastrous and they don’t want a repeat of that.

The New York Times reported:

In This #MeToo Moment, Academy Awards Want to Spotlight the Films

“We want to make it as entertaining as possible — reverential and respectful but also fun and emotional,” said Jennifer Todd, one of the lead producers of the Academy Awards, which will be hosted for the second year in a row by Jimmy Kimmel. “The Oscars should be a spectacle. Fun and funny and great performances.”  ...

Whenever stars use the platform to support progressive causes and make political statements, large numbers of viewers turn the channel, according to academy insiders, who cite minute-by-minute Nielsen data for past shows…

A Grammys-level drop would be a disaster. The Oscar telecast is a big business, generating roughly 80 percent of the academy’s $136.3 million in annual revenue.

The bad news for them is that it’s probably already too late to save the Oscars. ...
More at Gateway Pundit
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Academy Awards Producers Trying To Tone Down Politics Fearing Low Ratings
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 03:45:53 pm »
It's not going to happen. They smell blood in the water. They won't be able to help themselves.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Academy Awards Producers Trying To Tone Down Politics Fearing Low Ratings
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:00:50 pm »
 The self absorbed self important elitist communistic showfolk don't have the ability to not run their filthy stinking pie holes.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."