Author Topic: Trump to take steps to ban bump stocks  (Read 13688 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: BREAKING: TRUMP DIRECTS SESSIONS TO BAN BUMP STOCKS
« Reply #325 on: February 23, 2018, 11:20:58 pm »

I’ve only bought one used and it was from someone I knew very well and trusted its condition.  Otherwise, I agree.  There’s only one new weapon that ever gave me trouble.  Oddly enough, it was a revolver.  I found out later Rossi revolvers are known for timing issues.

I have no trouble buying used.  Condition is really easy to determine in guns, even on the fly. Optics, like I said, is a different story. I have been bit by optics.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #327 on: February 24, 2018, 12:34:44 am »
Do you think there are groups of people who shouldn't be able to buy a gun?

Yes. Liberals.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #328 on: February 24, 2018, 12:37:18 am »

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #329 on: February 24, 2018, 02:30:35 am »
Yes. Liberals.

I shouldn't be able to protect myself?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #330 on: February 24, 2018, 02:42:21 am »
I shouldn't be able to protect myself?

Sure, but only with your hands, a knife, a hammer, a baseball bat or some other tool that does not have small projectiles exiting it at high speeds.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #331 on: February 24, 2018, 04:02:25 am »
Sure, but only with your hands, a knife, a hammer, a baseball bat or some other tool that does not have small projectiles exiting it at high speeds.

Asinine snarkiness duly noted. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

Re: Trump to take steps to ban bump stocks
« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2018, 04:06:27 am »
I read a post earlier, but now I can't find it to share with you all.  Someone said in NC, you get a permit to buy a weapon from the sheriff: they run the background check, and you pay $5 for the permit.  You take that paper to the dealer and they complete the sale. 

If the LEO runs the background check, that seems to take care of asking private parties to do it.  This would make it easy for private sellers and dealers.

What do you all think of this?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #333 on: February 24, 2018, 04:07:42 am »
I read a post earlier, but now I can't find it to share with you all.  Someone said in NC, you get a permit to buy a weapon from the sheriff: they run the background check, and you pay $5 for the permit.  You take that paper to the dealer and they complete the sale. 

If the LEO runs the background check, that seems to take care of asking private parties to do it.  This would make it easy for private sellers and dealers.

NO.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:08:08 am by roamer_1 »

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #334 on: February 24, 2018, 04:10:01 am »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #335 on: February 24, 2018, 04:30:01 am »
Asinine snarkiness duly noted.

It was neither asinine, nor snark.  You just are new enough that you cannot properly appreciate my unique brand of humor.

I do note that you seem intent on asking basically the same question, just in a different way.  To me the goal seems to be to try to get concession from those of us who are not inclined to give away our rights. Even. One. Little. Bit. But perhaps I am reading your intent wrong.

I was serious about people who self-identify as liberals not being allowed to purchase firearms.  Might as well skip to the chase and let them live the end-game they want to unload on all of us.  Besides that, it is fairly well documented that liberalism is a mental disorder.  Nobody wants mental degenerates to be in possession of firearms.  Right?

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #336 on: February 24, 2018, 04:33:29 am »

You know, when LEO cleans house of all those within its ranks that are even a molecule's width similar to the bleep ups in Broward I might pause for a second to think my way through how the above scenario would play out.  I'd still probably say "No." but I would at least think about it.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #337 on: February 24, 2018, 04:40:53 am »
It was neither asinine, nor snark.  You just are new enough that you cannot properly appreciate my unique brand of humor.

I do note that you seem intent on asking basically the same question, just in a different way.  To me the goal seems to be to try to get concession from those of us who are not inclined to give away our rights. Even. One. Little. Bit. But perhaps I am reading your intent wrong.

I was serious about people who self-identify as liberals not being allowed to purchase firearms.  Might as well skip to the chase and let them live the end-game they want to unload on all of us.  Besides that, it is fairly well documented that liberalism is a mental disorder.  Nobody wants mental degenerates to be in possession of firearms.  Right?

1) You are reading my intent wrong.
2) If I repeat questions, it's because I'm slow and don't understand. I've been appreciative of the people who are patient with me.
3) I don't want to confiscate people's guns; my family has had and still has guns. 
4) Just ignore me, please, since you know I'm mentally disordered. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2018, 04:44:44 am »
1) You are reading my intent wrong.
2) If I repeat questions, it's because I'm slow and don't understand. I've been appreciative of the people who are patient with me.
3) I don't want to confiscate people's guns; my family has had and still has guns. 
4) Just ignore me, please, since you know I'm mentally disordered.

You do know this is a conservative forum, right?  You're going to get some shit if you come in claiming to be a liberal.  You seem like a fair minded lady.  We'll work on your sense of humor.  ^-^

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #339 on: February 24, 2018, 05:24:30 am »
Heh.  Why ;)?

Because I do not want uncle nanny knowing what weapons I have, ever. period.
I will not comply with registration.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #340 on: February 24, 2018, 05:47:25 am »

And it can't be black plastic either.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #341 on: February 24, 2018, 11:56:22 am »
Because I do not want uncle nanny knowing what weapons I have, ever. period.
I will not comply with registration.

The NC story has nothing to do with registration, does it?  All it does is have the Sheriff run the NICS check instead of the store. 

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #342 on: February 24, 2018, 02:14:16 pm »
The NC story has nothing to do with registration, does it?  All it does is have the Sheriff run the NICS check instead of the store.

I don't care.
Do you really think they don't record the fact ?
Why would I do any such nonsense when I can easily avoid it, along with all its hoops?
Nope.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #343 on: February 24, 2018, 03:36:35 pm »
You do know this is a conservative forum, right?  You're going to get some shit if you come in claiming to be a liberal.  You seem like a fair minded lady.  We'll work on your sense of humor.  ^-^

I see  our resident Dale Carnegie is Making friends and infuriating people. Again. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:37:55 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #344 on: February 24, 2018, 04:19:34 pm »
I see  our resident Dale Carnegie is Making friends and infuriating people. Again.

Awww... you have a soft spot for liberals.  That's so cute. Why don't you go find some church lady to bleep with, you seem to enjoy that so much.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #345 on: February 24, 2018, 04:45:41 pm »

So in NC you have to ask permission to buy a handgun from the Sheriff? And you think this makes it easy?

Currently, in order to buy a handgun, whether from a licensed dealer or a private individual, North Carolinians are required to either A) obtain and present a pistol purchase permit from the sheriff of the county in which they reside, or B) obtain and present a North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:46:25 pm by Elderberry »

Offline thackney

« Reply #346 on: February 24, 2018, 05:24:09 pm »
But until we have laws again that keep serious murderers, rapists, and pedophiles on death row or in prison for life, I don't think they should be allowed to buy weapons again. 

Those whose crimes require them to be kept apart from society do not have the right to buy a weapon, they are in prison.

t's interesting -- I've seen (mostly) conservatives complain about Virginia giving felons their voting rights back.  Do you all see that as hypocritical?

Many states let felons get back the right to vote, including Texas.

Pursuant to Section 11.002 of the Texas Election Code (the "Code"), once a felon has successfully completed his or her punishment, including any term of incarceration, parole, supervision, period of probation, or has been pardoned, then that person is immediately eligible to register to vote.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 05:26:02 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #347 on: February 24, 2018, 05:27:52 pm »
Under Texas state law a convicted felon may possess a firearm in the residence, in which he lives, once five years have elapsed from the date his sentence was discharged.

He can't buy one(fails NICS), but he can possess one in his home.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #348 on: February 24, 2018, 06:41:40 pm »
So in NC you have to ask permission to buy a handgun from the Sheriff? And you think this makes it easy?

The idea was that it was cheaper and faster to get the background check that way.  The original NC poster seemed to think it was a good idea.  I'll try to find the original post again.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #349 on: February 24, 2018, 06:43:09 pm »
I don't care.
Do you really think they don't record the fact ?
Why would I do any such nonsense when I can easily avoid it, along with all its hoops?
Nope.

Ok, thanks!