Author Topic: Trump to take steps to ban bump stocks  (Read 13509 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
BREAKING: TRUMP DIRECTS SESSIONS TO BAN BUMP STOCKS
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2018, 02:13:19 am »
BREAKING: TRUMP DIRECTS SESSIONS TO BAN BUMP STOCKS

Posted at 4:21 pm on February 20, 2018 by Caleb Howe

President Trump has announced that he is directing Attorney General Jeff Sessions to move forward on banning certain gun modifications, notably, the infamous “bump stock” that was instrumental in the Las Vegas massacre last October.

https://www.redstate.com/absentee/2018/02/20/breaking-trump-directs-sessions-ban-bump-stocks/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator

Re: BREAKING: TRUMP DIRECTS SESSIONS TO BAN BUMP STOCKS
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 02:19:21 am »
 :facepalm2:

Offline DB

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 02:19:37 am »
Funny, I thought congress created law and the President signs or rejects it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2018, 02:35:11 am »

No.  That was abolished during the last Imperial Presidential regime.

Now it is precedent and 'legal' since the branches of government designed to hold such brazen violations of the Constitution in check were willfully derelict in their duty.

So now welcome to presidential decrees.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump to take steps to ban bump stocks
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2018, 02:44:28 am »
Trump isn't going to get ONE single person to vote for him because of this,  but he's going to lose a lot of votes.

It's not votes; it's adoration.  The man is fueled by ego boosts. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 02:55:07 am »
@DB

This claims that the law is already in place, and it's just an interpretation.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

Re: Trump to take steps to ban bump stocks
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2018, 02:55:24 am »
You know what is coming - banning of information. Case in point- The Anarchists Cookbook.

As long as folks believe the police can save them, they are going to opt for police state.
Unfortunately, that has never been true, and there is a price to pay when that state reaches the point of no return... Then bump stocks would be a  handy thing to know how to do... in desperation, and without hope.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2018, 03:01:37 am »
That is if Sessions can wake up.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 03:14:03 am »
*SPIT*

Tump is done as far as I am concerned.
He is performing as predicted, and I will have no use for him. any chance of voting for his second term, however small, passed away in this very moment.

The Porkulus Rectumus had me there already, but this, without a doubt, is nonredeemable.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2018, 03:31:41 am »
*SPIT*

Tump is done as far as I am concerned.
He is performing as predicted, and I will have no use for him. any chance of voting for his second term, however small, passed away in this very moment.

The Porkulus Rectumus had me there already, but this, without a doubt, is nonredeemable.

New York values!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2018, 03:31:54 am »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2018, 04:22:59 am »
New York values!

The only problem with the "New York values" idea is that it implies he has principles of some sort.
+++++++++

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 04:44:59 am »
Trump only wants to be seen as *winning*.

He doesn't really give a crap if it's outright Communist Despotism - if it will get an applause - he will push it and take credit for the 'win'.

It's how he can sign a 1.5 TRILLION deficit spending budget and smile about it.

He will do the same with whatever gun bans and infringements he thinks is going to get him fawning accolades.

It is why I refused to vote for the guy.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 04:50:27 am »
Everyone knew this was coming and yet no one has proposed a strategy to make the case for gun ownership that is not infringed upon is any shape, manner or form --- that also addresses the very real and very valid concern people have about the slaughter of innocents.

Sorry, but quoting the Constitution to a generation of Americans who haven't read it and certainly don't understand it is simply not enough.  It will not be successful.  Rights will be infringed --- even further than the smoke and mirror changes ordered by the President.

What's the plan?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2018, 05:00:31 am »
Everyone knew this was coming and yet no one has proposed a strategy to make the case for gun ownership that is not infringed upon is any shape, manner or form --- that also addresses the very real and very valid concern people have about the slaughter of innocents.

Sorry, but quoting the Constitution to a generation of Americans who haven't read it and certainly don't understand it is simply not enough.  It will not be successful.  Rights will be infringed --- even further than the smoke and mirror changes ordered by the President.

What's the plan?

The plan is to leave it the hell alone.
If you don't want kids getting slaughtered, look to why they weren't slaughtered back in the day, when guns were far more prevalent, and do that.

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:11 am »
Many Americans will consider these steps rational and appropriate.  The onus is on gun owners to prove them wrong.

Accordingly, following established legal protocols, the Department of Justice started the process of promulgating a Federal regulation interpreting the definition of “machinegun” under Federal law to clarify whether certain bump stock type devices should be illegal.  The Advanced Notice of Proposed Rulemaking was published in the Federal Register on December 26, 2017.  Public comment concluded on January 25, 2018, with the Department of Justice receiving over 100,000 comments.

Today, I am directing the Department of Justice to dedicate all available resources to complete the review of the comments received, and, as expeditiously as possible, to propose for notice and comment a rule banning all devices that turn legal weapons into machineguns.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/presidential-memorandum-application-definition-machinegun-bump-fire-stocks-similar-devices/

Online roamer_1

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2018, 05:07:31 am »
Many Americans will consider these steps rational and appropriate.  The onus is on gun owners to prove them wrong.

Riiiight. Devices like rubber bands and Popsicle sticks.

Plastic banana feel good bullshit.
Won't stop a dang thing.
So how is that rational or appropriate?

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2018, 05:10:10 am »
The plan is to leave it the hell alone.
If you don't want kids getting slaughtered, look to why they weren't slaughtered back in the day, when guns were far more prevalent, and do that.

I don't disagree with you @roamer_1 ... But this sounds cold and irrational in light of the number of innocents killed in schools and clubs and at concerts.  People won't want to hear about "back in the day" --- they want their kids safe NOW. in THIS day. 

What's the plan?

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2018, 05:13:47 am »
Riiiight. Devices like rubber bands and Popsicle sticks.

Plastic banana feel good bullshit.
Won't stop a dang thing.
So how is that rational or appropriate?

I think part of the disconnect is most Americans don't know about guns.  We've either got to get around this or through it, or the counter-argument will not be heard.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2018, 05:15:08 am »
I don't disagree with you @roamer_1 ... But this sounds cold and irrational in light of the number of innocents killed in schools and clubs and at concerts.  People won't want to hear about "back in the day" --- they want their kids safe NOW. in THIS day. 

What's the plan?

That is the only plan - the only one that will work.
There is no safety. Only those who would trade liberty for the illusion thereof.

The entire premise is nothing but foolishness.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2018, 05:15:17 am »

What's the plan?

Cheer the Despotic Police State that they demand.  That is the plan apparently.

The idea of liberty is abhorrent to a people who demand government-provided safety and security.   

This is why we are a Constitutional Republic no more.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2018, 05:32:16 am »

What's the plan?

Come on.  Do you really believe that will make the kids safe?  These things happen because evil exists in the world.  If you could stop the demons in people's heads you could stop mass shootings.  In Sweden they had a school attack and people died.  The attacker wielded a sword and knives.  Well maybe not as many died.  But today it is bump stock.  Another day it is another kind of gun or weapon, or perhaps even with a ban another illegal gun with bump stock.  Laws don't stop demons.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2018, 06:36:50 am »
Come on.  Do you really believe that will make the kids safe?  These things happen because evil exists in the world.  If you could stop the demons in people's heads you could stop mass shootings.  In Sweden they had a school attack and people died.  The attacker wielded a sword and knives.  Well maybe not as many died.  But today it is bump stock.  Another day it is another kind of gun or weapon, or perhaps even with a ban another illegal gun with bump stock.  Laws don't stop demons.

This completely deflects attention away from the fact that the FBI completely disregarded a tip received regarding Nikolas Cruz.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16/alleged-florida-school-shooter-nikolas-cruz-was-reported-to-fbi-cops-school-but-warning-signs-missed.html

I'm getting tired of six dimensional chess.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2018, 06:39:40 am »
Fine. Make another law.

Like the criminals will suddenly give a sh*t.

Expect agencies which failed to note the latest impending disaster to enforce it.

Crank the 'stupid' knob to 11.

And people will ignore it if it is stupid enough. This qualifies.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 10:24:18 am »

Up there with the uh.........    Adding a 25 cent gasoline tax is a conservative value crowd.  These orange fools just crack me up.

:silly:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:24:44 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.