Author Topic: Fla. shooting survivor pleads for gun control: ‘We are children, you guys are the adults’  (Read 11621 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fla. shooting survivor pleads for gun control: ‘We are children, you guys are the adults’
By Rebecca Savransky - 02/15/18 09:08 AM EST

A student who survived the Florida high school shooting is pleading with Congress to take action to prevent another mass shooting.

"Please, this is the 18th one this year. That's unacceptable. We are children. You guys are the adults," David Hogg said during an interview on CNN.

"You need to take some action and play a role. Work together, come over your politics and get something done."

Hogg said that the fact that there have been so many school shootings "is a testament to where this country has come."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/373981-fla-student-who-survived-shooting-pleads-for-action-on-guns-we-are
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Long on emotion, short on realistic proposals.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
And guess what snowflake, there will be a 20th and a 21st because of what liberal leftists have done to the education system over the past 50 years.   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mountaineer

Stefan Molyneux  Verified account @StefanMolyneux
6h6 hours ago

There is no such thing as gun control. There is only the centralization of gun ownership in the hands of a small political elite and their minions.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
 "Melissa Falkowski said she doesn't think the school could have been more prepared"

You were wrong. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

"Melissa Falkowski said she doesn't think the school could have been more prepared"

You were wrong.
The FBI was warned about this jerk - who expressly threatened to shoot up a school - and did nothing. The school knew about him and only told him please don't come here if you're wearing a backpack, or some such thing.

Story about the FBI is at Gateway Pundit.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:45:58 pm by mountaineer »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
First of all, just because you were at the school, that doesn’t make you a survivor.  It also doesn’t give you license to become a future pain in the ass social justice warrior denying constitutional rights to millions who are not dangers to society.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

Stick your collective head in the sand all you want to; that won’t stop it from coming, itll just mean you have no input on the final result. 

Offline skeeter

The FBI was warned about this jerk - who expressly threatened to shoot up a school - and did nothing. The school knew about him and only told him please don't come here if you're wearing a backpack, or some such thing.

Background checks, ten day waiting periods, gun free school zones.

A guy threatens to shoot up a school and the FBI is warned.

Still he manages to kill 17 kids.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over expecting different results each time.

Laws won't fix this problem.

Oceander

Background checks, ten day waiting periods, gun free school zones.

A guy threatens to shoot up a school and the FBI is warned.

Still he manages to kill 17 kids.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over expecting different results each time.

Laws won't fix this problem.

How did he get the gun?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How did he get the gun?

The family he was living with had it in a locked gun cabinet..he got the key....per Fox this morning
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Stick your collective head in the sand all you want to; that won’t stop it from coming, itll just mean you have no input on the final result.
Only you seem to see people here with their heads in the sand. Nevertheless, my response will be (as it always is) to make sure to vote for intelligent people who understand and respect the Constitution. For example, I'll be trying Patrick Morrisey defeat Joe Manchin.

When Democrats propose gun laws that resemble those in totalitarian regimes, as they will, perhaps the commonsense Constitution-respecting ones we elect will put the kibosh on their plans. We already have enough gun laws, O, we just have criminals who decline to obey them.

Oceander

Only you seem to see people here with their heads in the sand. Nevertheless, my response will be (as it always is) to make sure to vote for intelligent people who understand and respect the Constitution. For example, I'll be trying Patrick Morrisey defeat Joe Manchin.

When Democrats propose gun laws that resemble those in totalitarian regimes, as they will, perhaps the commonsense Constitution-respecting ones we elect will put the kibosh on their plans. We already have enough gun laws, O, we just have criminals who decline to obey them.

You are an example of someone sticking their head in the sand.

Oh well, you’ve been warned.  Do nothing, and soon you’ll have no Second Amendment at all. 

Offline mountaineer

You keep saying that, but I have yet to see you propose what we're all supposed to do. "You've been warned, do nothing." Okay, do WHAT? Be specific.

Offline Frank Cannon

You are an example of someone sticking their head in the sand.

Oh well, you’ve been warned.  Do nothing, and soon you’ll have no Second Amendment at all.

LOL. You think the group of people who can't get rid of Obamacare and pass a reasonable budget are all of a sudden eliminate one of the first ten amendments in the blink of an eye? Absurd.

BTW if anyone was serious about this problem they would start by banning the publication of the shooters name and face. 90% of these events occur because the person is looking for fame and glory in the press.

Offline skeeter

How did he get the gun?

Why didn't the FBI act when warned?

Why did the DOD not flag Kelly, the Texas Church shooter as being not eligible to own a firearm?

Why were neighbors of Farook and Malik in San Bernadino afraid to report suspicious behavior they witnessed prior to that shooting?

Why didn't anyone take the parents of Eliot Rogers seriously when they reported to authorities their kid was gonna go off?

More laws will not stop this if we've already seen those in place will not be properly acted upon.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:10:45 pm by skeeter »

Offline mountaineer

*sigh* If only murder were illegal, then none of this would happen.

Online Right_in_Virginia

"You need to take some action and play a role. Work together, come over your politics and get something done."

Did you know Cruz was considered a threat?  Did you tell you parents?  Did you rally a group of concerned students and parents to meet with the administration to find out what, exactly, is being done to prevent a tragedy?

Did anyone??

Offline Concerned

How did he get the gun?

It was his gun that he had legally bought as confirmed by the ATF.  BTW -- Lewis is the attorney representing the family he was living with:

Cruz already owned the AR-15 rifle when he moved in with his friend’s family, Lewis said, noting that he was told that Cruz had bought it legally. “It was his gun. He had brought it to the house when he moved in. It was secured in a gun cabinet in the house, but he had the key to it. I believe it was secured in his room,” Lewis said. The family had not seen Cruz shooting the AR-15 since he moved in.

Authorities confirmed that Cruz bought the AR-15 himself, and so far it is the only gun that has been recovered as part of the investigation, said Peter J. Forcelli, special agent in charge of the Miami field division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

“He purchased the firearm legally,” Forcelli said in an interview Thursday morning. “No laws were broken in his acquisition of the firearm.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/15/florida-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz-guns-depression-and-a-life-in-free-fall/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_cruz-profile-533am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.c8f20da02229
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@Concerned

Thanks for the additional info...the report I heard on FOX was a little lacking I see....did not state it was his weapon but implied it was owned by the family he was staying with.
Support the USO

Offline Concerned

@Concerned

Thanks for the additional info...the report I heard on FOX was a little lacking I see....did not state it was his weapon but implied it was owned by the family he was staying with.

:beer:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline dfwgator

What do you want, pass more meaningless laws that won't make a damn bit of difference, other than to make it more difficult for law-abiding Americans to defend themselves?

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
How is a teenager allowed to purchase a gun??

An 18 year old can buy a rifle or shotgun.   you have to be 21 to buy a handgun in Florida.

His age isn't the danger flag, its his documented mental issues and threats of violence that should have prevented his ability to buy a gun.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:41:29 pm by driftdiver »
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.