Author Topic: Drain It: Trump Announces Brutal Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay  (Read 627 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Conservative Tribune
BY KIMBERLY SMITH
FEBRUARY 10, 2018 AT 8:18AM

President Donald Trump’s 2019 budget aims to bring brutal changes to the federal civilian workforce, and it could spell trouble for some employees who do not measure up.

The budget, which is set to be released Monday, contains some of the biggest reforms to the workforce in decades.

To put it simply, Trump’s plan seeks to “hire the best and fire the worst,” USA Today reported.

Senior officials with the Office of Management and Budget who spoke anonymously with The Washington Times said the plan aimed to put a stop to regular, tenure-and merit-based raises for more than 1.5 million federal workers and instead focus on performance-based raises.

In other words, federal employees will now have to work hard for their raises, and those who do not perform well could be fired.

TRENDING: Breaking: Uranium One Informant Rolls on Clintons

The proposal would reportedly generate $10 billion over 10 years for performance-based payments.

The Washington Examiner reported that officials said the overall goal of the budget was to bring the 1950s-styled Civil Service into the digital age.

(more)
https://conservativetribune.com/trump-changes-govt-worker-pay/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Drain It: Trump Announces Brutal Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 05:30:27 pm »
To put it simply, Trump’s plan seeks to “hire the best and fire the worst,” USA Today reported.

It really hurts when coffee comes out of your nose.  They must've hired some writers from The Onion.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 06:08:07 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 05:40:08 pm »

This would be a 180 degree reversal of current government policy.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 07:43:58 pm »
This would be a 180 degree reversal of current government policy.

I've watched some black and white movies from the last century. It is common in those movies to hear someone say, "Hey now, I work for the government. You know I don't make any money! I'm a civil servant."

My how times have changed. Today a 'civil service' job is a gateway to riches. You will be paid, at least, twice what the private sector pays and that is only the beginning. Your benefits will be insane, far beyond anything in the private economy. And the pension you are guaranteed cannot be compared to anything in the world, except a government job in Greece. You will be rich for life.

Furthermore, you get more vacation than a worker could ever hope for. Half the days on the calendar are called Federal Holidays. You don't even have to go to work.

The 180 degree shift is how 'civil service' changed from public service as a civil servant, into authoritarians over the 'public' making enormous salaries and benefits.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 09:12:12 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 08:22:19 pm »
My how times have changed. Today a 'civil service' job is a gateway to riches. You will be paid, at least, twice what the private sector pays and that is only the beginning.

Federal.  Not state or local.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 08:59:41 pm »
Federal.  Not state or local.

Depends on the locality in some cases.....

At $184,610 per year, Los Angeles City Council members are drastically overpaid.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/editorials/la-ed-0210-city-council-salaries-20150210-story.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 09:20:24 pm »
Many government job categories in California can retire with 90% pay, with 30 years service. Plus benefits including Cadillac health insurance. And for the lifetime of not just the retiree, but his dependent spouse too.

Several of these types continue working in consultancy roles. I know of one that left "building & development" regulation with the city, to aide developers to get projects approved. 

In my town we have a current police and fire chief on the payroll, plus two each retired ones to pay for.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 09:33:33 pm »
Senior officials with the Office of Management and Budget who spoke anonymously with The Washington Times said the plan aimed to put a stop to regular, tenure-and merit-based raises for more than 1.5 million federal workers and instead focus on performance-based raises.

In other words, federal employees will now have to work hard for their raises, and those who do not perform well could be fired.

Welcome to the real world.   :thumbsup:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 12:51:50 am »
Unfortunately the bar is so low this only means they'll have to put in about an hour of actual work.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 04:43:15 am »
I fully support this effort.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 04:46:43 am »
This is far overdue!  Get it done Mr. President!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien