Author Topic: Matt Gaetz: The boy politician making the most of his Trump moment  (Read 1516 times)

Online corbe

Matt Gaetz: The boy politician making the most of his Trump moment

by Philip Wegmann | Feb 9, 2018, 5:59 PM

Matt Gaetz has the worst office in Congress. Across the hall from the forgotten storage lockers of more senior members of Congress, it is in the back corner on the fifth floor of the congressional office building farthest from the U.S. Capitol. Walking briskly from his door to the House floor takes no less than fifteen minutes. But somehow the 35-year-old Florida freshman has managed to find his way into the spotlight.

Too impatient to wait for the influence that comes with congressional seniority — or legislative accomplishments — the young backbencher has found a bully pulpit on cable television. Pragmatic and opportunistic, Gaetz is the boy politician who best embodies the Trump era.

“I’ve come into Congress at the right time in American political discourse,” Gaetz tells me as we hurry along that long walk from the Cannon House Office Building to the Capitol for votes. “Being a little rough around the edges, being a little politically incorrect, being abrasive and combative seems to be the flavor of the moment.”

Other freshmen have their moment when they rename a post office or when they get a quick shoutout from the speaker of the House. Gaetz got his moment when, last November, he filed a resolution calling on Robert Mueller to recuse himself as special counsel in the Russia investigation. He was panned as an overzealous idiot, before being subsequently booked on every major national television network.

Critics tell me Gaetz is a “media whore.” More polite observers call him “a modern media machine.” No one suggests that he's ineffective. Any given primetime, Gaetz can be seen on CNN, FOX, or MSNBC. He regularly makes appearances on each, completing the veritable triple crown of cable news weekly.

<..snip..>

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/matt-gaetz-the-boy-politician-making-the-most-of-his-trump-moment/article/2648700
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

Re: Matt Gaetz: The boy politician making the most of his Trump moment
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 03:47:08 am »
From the little I have seen of him on the news shows, he is likeable and does a good job.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Matt Gaetz: The boy politician making the most of his Trump moment
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 05:21:16 am »
The Washington Examiner is trying to give the NY Times a run for it's money being the most irrational Leftist low circulation paper around.

I have been waiting for decades to see the GOP punch back at the lies and bullshit. This guy is a breath of fresh air.