Author Topic: Rachel Brand, DOJ’s no. 3 official, stepping down; Next to Sessions, Rosenstein in chain of command  (Read 1109 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By The Washington Times
February 9, 2018

Rachel Brand, associate attorney general of the Justice Department and third in command behind Jeff Sessions and Rod Rosenstein, is stepping down, The New York Times reported Friday afternoon.

Ms. Brand is leaving to take a job in the private sector as general counsel, the Times reported.

Ms. Brand, who has previously served in both the White House and the Justice Department, was confirmed by the Senate in May.

In the position, she oversaw the department’s efforts on civil and civil rights matters as well as the antitrust, tax and environment and natural resources divisions.

She was next in line behind Mr. Rosenstein to oversee the special counsel investigating Russia’s meddling in the 2016 presidential election after Mr. Sessions recused himself.

(more)
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/9/rachel-brand-dojs-no-3-official-stepping-down/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

I thought the Nunes Memo was a nothingburger? A hell of a lot of top brass is running for the exists since it was released.

Offline anubias

Reading about Brand, she is GOP Bush-bot, but from NYMag, so...  Looking for more info from a more reliable source.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Classic case of media rhetoric, sophistry and cover up not being about to plug the cracks in the dam.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Concerned

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/19/rachel-brand-top-doj-official-in-spotlight-amid-russia-turmoil.html

Interesting:

What do we know about her relationship with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz?

The Republican senator congratulated his “friend” Brand on Twitter when she was confirmed as associate attorney general, remarking that “she will do a great job.” FEC records also show that Brand donated to Cruz’s presidential campaign.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline anubias

The zerohedge article linked above shows her to be a good Conservative that they said the Dems would soon be calling her a Russian Spy to get her recused. 

Her husband is Cohn.  Another good guy.

Anybody know why she stepped down?

Offline anubias

According to NY Slimes

will become the global governance director at Walmart, the company’s top legal position, according to people briefed on her move. She has held politically appointed positions in the past three presidential administrations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/us/politics/rachel-brand-justice-department.html

WTF?

@Right_in_Virginia   Thought you’d be interested in this sad development
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 11:16:38 pm by anubias »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The zerohedge article linked above shows her to be a good Conservative that they said the Dems would soon be calling her a Russian Spy to get her recused. 

Her husband is Cohn.  Another good guy.

Anybody know why she stepped down?

None.  And I find it disappointing that she did.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline anubias

And this... from the NY Slimes link above

She helped lead the department’s effort to extend a law that authorizes the National Security Agency’s warrantless surveillance program.

In an op-ed in The Washington Post last year, Ms. Brand argued that the law “has been valuable and effective in protecting the nation’s security” and that law enforcement officers would be “at risk” without it. Congress voted to extend that law, Section 702 of the FISA Amendments Act, last month.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline anubias

Wallace on “Special Report” said she had no plans to leave but was approached by a Fortune 500 company that offered her a “Dream Job”.  The slimes says Walmart.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Wallace on “Special Report” said she had no plans to leave but was approached by a Fortune 500 company that offered her a “Dream Job”.  The slimes says Walmart.

So why would Wal-Mart all of a sudden offer her such a position in these circumstances?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

So why would Wal-Mart all of a sudden offer her such a position in these circumstances?

Maybe the position just became available.

And why would any sane person want to be anywhere near the corrupt cesspool DOJ these days, particularly when it's leader is apparently burying his head in the sand?

Offline Concerned

Maybe the position just became available.

And why would any sane person want to be anywhere near the corrupt cesspool DOJ these days, particularly when it's leader is apparently burying his head in the sand?

And she's probably going to make some real coin in the private sector (in addition to that Walmart stock/stock options she'll be getting).
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I thought the Nunes Memo was a nothingburger? A hell of a lot of top brass is running for the exists since it was released.
Another DOJ official steps down, obviously the rats are running scared. ;p

Offline anubias

Another DOJ official steps down, obviously the rats are running scared. ;p

I automatically thought this would be good news too as I was watching today to see what rats jumped ship today.  I was shocked and disappointed to find out she was the Trump nominee.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rachel Brand Joins Walmart as Executive Vice President, Global Governance and Corporate Secretary
Business Wire, Feb 9, 2018

BENTONVILLE, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Walmart (NYSE: WMT) announced Rachel Brand will join the company as Executive Vice President, Global Governance and Corporate Secretary. Brand will report to President and CEO Doug McMillon. She will be responsible for the organization’s Legal, Global Ethics and Compliance and Global Investigation, Security, Aviation and Travel departments, along with her role as corporate secretary.

We are fortunate to have a leader of Rachel Brand’s stature join the company,” McMillon said. “We have strengthened our governance capabilities and Rachel will help us continue on that journey. Her strong character, capabilities and experience will enable her to contribute broadly as we shape the future of Walmart and strive to serve our customers even more effectively.”

Brand is replacing Jeff Gearhart, who retired at the end of January. Brand brings deep academic and professional experience to her role, coming to the company from the U.S. Department of Justice, where she served as Associate Attorney General, the department’s third-ranking position. Brand, the first woman to serve as Associate Attorney General, was confirmed by the U.S. Senate and sworn into office May 22, 2017. As Associate Attorney General, Brand oversaw thousands of attorneys and professionals across the department’s civil law divisions, including Antitrust, Tax and Environment and Natural Resources.

More: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180209005818/en/Rachel-Brand-Joins-Walmart-Executive-Vice-President

Offline anubias

I hope the leaks continue after her departure.