Author Topic: IRS overpaid nearly $3.5 billion in Obamacare tax credits in 2017, can’t recoup money  (Read 328 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By Tom Howell Jr.
Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The IRS overpaid nearly $3.5 billion in Obamacare tax credits last year that it cannot recoup because of constraints built into the program, frustrating Republicans who have failed to repeal the health care law but say that money could have been spent on programs for veterans or infrastructure.

A Treasury watchdog said the government paid out roughly $24 billion in Obamacare subsidies in the heart of the 2017 tax-filing season, with $5.8 billion in overages. Of that, just $2.3 billion was clawed back, leaving $3.5 billion in outstanding excess payments.

“The overpayments were that much?” said Rep. Phil Roe, Tennessee Republican.

He said he is trying to expand an assistance program for older veterans and their caregivers. “I can think of a lot of things I can use $3.5 billion dollars for,” he said.

(more)
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/7/irs-overpaid-obamacare-tax-credits-nearly-35-billi/

How much do you want to bet that the largest percent of this money went to minorities, including illegals? Yet another happy "accident" by the Obama administration. Yet another planned "mistake".
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.