Author Topic: House Intelligence Committee votes to release Democrats' response to Nunes memo  (Read 1504 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Washington Examiner
by Kelly Cohen
Feb 5, 2018, 6:15 PM

Members of the House Intelligence Committee unanimously voted Monday night to make public a Democratic memo rebutting the controversial Republican memo released last week, which outlined alleged surveillance abuses by the Department of Justice and FBI.

The memo from ranking member Adam Schiff, D-Calif., is classified, but the committee's vote to release it sends the paper to the White House for President Trump's review.

Entrepreneur Elevator Pitch Ep2: 'Has Anybody Not Seen That Product?'
Watch Full Screen
Last week, the GOP majority voted to keep the Democrats' memo public, but since the release of the Nunes memo, Republican lawmakers have indicated they support releasing the second memo.

Once at the White House, President Trump will have five days to decide whether to allow the memo be made public or object to its release. If Trump says no, the committee has the option of sending the matter to the House floor and voting to override the president’s decision.

(more)
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/house-intelligence-committee-votes-to-release-democrats-response-to-nunes-memo/article/2648171
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If Trump vetoes the release, the House will never overturn it.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

If Trump vetoes the release, the House will never overturn it.

Trump has to release it as he released the 'GOP' memo.  Now we're going to see a series of memos from both sides of the aisle, pointing fingers and claiming untruths.  So what we have is the ultimate blame game with nobody being held responsible.  We have a corrupt DOJ, a corrupt FBI, and there's supposed to be a memo out on corrupt members of the State Department.  I'm afraid to ask what or who is waiting in the wings for us?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
We have a corrupt DOJ, a corrupt FBI, and there's supposed to be a memo out on corrupt members of the State Department.

I don't know about Wray or the FBI. But I do know that Sessions isn't going to anything about anything. I don't know if Sessions is corrupt or not, but I do know that he acts like a scared old coward who only wants to hide in his office.

Sessions will do nothing about any of this at the DOJ. We will have to wait and see what Wray does.

Offline bolobaby

Let the Kabuki theater begin! Joy!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Hoodat

They should release it.  Every Republican should vote in favor, just to expose the Democrats for being the hypocrites they are.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Trump has to release it as he released the 'GOP' memo.

That depends.  If they poisoned it with a bunch of things that should not be released due to classification, then it is clear their motivations are purely for political theater.  However, I don’t think the committee would have voted unanimously if it did contain classified information.

The House intelligence committee voted unanimously Monday night to release a Democratic rebuttal to the GOP's memo on the Russia investigation that President Donald Trump declassified last week.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democratic-gop-lawmakers-memo-doesnt-clear-trump-probe-052805868--politics.html?.tsrc=bell-brknews
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:27:08 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Hoodat

The House intelligence committee voted unanimously Monday night to release a Democratic rebuttal to the GOP's memo on the Russia investigation that President Donald Trump declassified last week.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democratic-gop-lawmakers-memo-doesnt-clear-trump-probe-052805868--politics.html?.tsrc=bell-brknews

Oh, the irony of Yahoo News!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Oceander

They should release it.  Every Republican should vote in favor, just to expose the Democrats for being the hypocrites they are.

:thumbsup:

Offline edpc

Online libertybele

I don't know about Wray or the FBI. But I do know that Sessions isn't going to anything about anything. I don't know if Sessions is corrupt or not, but I do know that he acts like a scared old coward who only wants to hide in his office.

Sessions will do nothing about any of this at the DOJ. We will have to wait and see what Wray does.

I don't know if you've taken the time to listen to this speech by Daniel Greenfield, but he does make it abundantly clear that nothing is going to be done as the DEMS are in full control.  We are in a second civil war.............

Here is the video that @Cyber Liberty posted of a Daniel Greenfield talk really explains how bad it is and why.  The Second Civil War: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pNImbXnIn4
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Meaning?

Yahoo News was the Fake News outlet cited in the Nunes report.  It was a Yahoo News story that was submitted to the FISA Court to confirm the veracity of the Steele dossier.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline anubias

Trump will release it and let the Dems spread their BS.  Then will be more from Nunes.  The boom should drop in April when the IG releases his report.  The IG report is supremely important.

Offline edpc

Yahoo News was the Fake News outlet cited in the Nunes report.  It was a Yahoo News story that was submitted to the FISA Court to confirm the veracity of the Steele dossier.

OK, probably why I didn’t get the connection.  That url was from an AP story linked from Yahoo.  They have their own stories and writers for sure, but it’s mostly aggregate stuff.

Offline anubias

OK, probably why I didn’t get the connection.  That url was from an AP story linked from Yahoo.  They have their own stories and writers for sure, but it’s mostly aggregate stuff.

I find it odd that you were unaware of the Yahoo News angle only because you have spent a great deal of time here trying to throw monkey wrenches into Nune’s memo.  Might I suggest you watch the video at http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,302623.msg1596395.html#msg1596395

It is a good, basic synopsis of what has transpired.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump will release it and let the Dems spread their BS.  Then will be more from Nunes.  The boom should drop in April when the IG releases his report.  The IG report is supremely important.

Is this the same memo that was leaked to NBC?  More here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,302550.0.html

@anubias

Offline edpc

I find it odd that you were unaware of the Yahoo News angle only because you have spent a great deal of time here trying to throw monkey wrenches into Nune’s memo.  Might I suggest you watch the video at http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,302623.msg1596395.html#msg1596395

It is a good, basic synopsis of what has transpired.

I'm very aware of Isikoff and the FISA application connection.  The original comment to which I responded had no context.  Since I knew the story linked to be from AP and not directly from Yahoo, I didn't initially understand the meaning.

Might I suggest you don't insert yourself into a conversation you know nothing about and end up showing your ass?  After all, some of us just ate.

Offline anubias

Is this the same memo that was leaked to NBC?  More here:  http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,302550.0.html

@anubias

Supposedly.  We’ll find out for sure if it’s the same when it is finally released.  The one to NBC was easily debunked, but of course most of the media ran with it as gospel today.

Supposedly.  We’ll find out for sure if it’s the same when it is finally released.  The one to NBC was easily debunked, but of course most of the media ran with it as gospel today.

Democrats are really starting to piss me off!   :laugh:

Liars and thieves, all of them.

Offline anubias

The media is even worse.  They’re supposed to be there to keep them honest, but they are even more dishonest than the stinking Democrats!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@Right_in_Virginia

Told ya! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

@Right_in_Virginia

Told ya!

I always knew ... now there is concrete proof of the depth of their depravity and anti-Americanism.  The democrats truly are our fifth column.

@Bigun

Offline RetBobbyMI

I believe under the law for special counsel, that the AG must conduct a preliminary investigation when a GS 15 or above, including political appointees AND congressional members have accusations against them, and within 30 must decide if a special counsel is required.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline anubias

I believe under the law for special counsel, that the AG must conduct a preliminary investigation when a GS 15 or above, including political appointees AND congressional members have accusations against them, and within 30 must decide if a special counsel is required.

AG or assistant AG.  That’s why the Dems are so afraid of us getting rid of Rosenstein.  When he’s gone, Gowdy or someone like Gowdy, will step in.  Rosenstein is the key.  He MUST go, I think.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Yeah, I headed over there to see their themes for the day.  Here they are:

Did Melania Just Swat Trump's Hand Again? Twitter Sure Thinks So.

About that memo, who do you believe: Nunes, or your own eyes?

Trump calls Dems who didn't clap during State of the Union 'treasonous' and 'un-American'
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.