Author Topic: Chris Stewart: House Intel released memo to inform public on FBI abuses, not to exonerate Trump  (Read 8930 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That was the problem with Cambridge Analytics.  They did contact Assange about the possibility.  That's why the campaign ran from them so quickly.
No, it was a 15 minute meeting with a Russian lawyer set up by Fuson GS (the memo people) that went nowhere. If you want Hillary's emails ask the NSA, they likely have them. Almost two years of investigating Russia Russia Russia and not one piece of evident that Trump did anything wrong. Witch hunt.

I can't imagine that Trump would think having Hillary's emails would be a good thing anyway.  If he used anything from them in the campaign he would have been viciously attacked for peeking at an old lady's emails about Wedding plans, Yoga lessons and possibly her under-drawers.  The press had already laid out how they were going to treat that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:12:59 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

No and without him answering questions, we may never know.  That is a process fraught with peril and you'd better have great lawyers.  From what I've seen from Cohen, Dowd, and Sekulow....he doesn't.

Stating the obvious here, but with no evidence all we're left with is a politically motivated witch hunt.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I can't imagine that Trump would think having Hillary's emails would be a good thing anyway.  If he used anything from them in the campaign he would have been viciously attacked for peeking at an old lady's emails about Wedding plans, Yoga lessons and possibly her under-drawers.  The press had already laid out how they were going to treat that.

Yes, that's true, but Don Jr accepted the meeting Veselnitskaya under the pretense she had information the Clinton campaign was accepting laundered foreign contributions.  There's no actual crime in getting the information, unless the admin later followed through on an agreement - lifting of sanctions, for example.

If they had gotten anything from the meeting without offering or providing something in return, it wouldn't be illegal, but the media and left would still complain about interference by foreign power. That is kind of silly, considering we often exchanged information on various topics. For instance, we gave them information on a terrorist plot in St Petersburg recently. Conversely, they had warned us years ago about the Tsarnaev brothers. Were they trying to interfere in our domestic tranquility by telling us about them?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

That the Steele dossier is bunkum. That there was no collusion with Russians to influence the election.

Except that the invalidity of the Steele dossier does not vindicate Trump on the Russian issues. 

Offline skeeter

Except that the invalidity of the Steele dossier does not vindicate Trump on the Russian issues.
Vindicate him from what?

Oceander

Vindicate him from what?

It doesn’t prove that the Russian investigation is nothing more than a political witch hunt. 

Offline oldno7

So if there is other, irrefutable evidence that was used to procure the FISA warrant, why was the steele dossier even used?

Offline skeeter

It doesn’t prove that the Russian investigation is nothing more than a political witch hunt.
Prove that it isn't.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

That's 100% correct, which is Chris Stewart's point.  They didn't release the memo with the objective of vindicating Trump (and it did not, in fact.  Carter Page, on the other hand...), and I think they would have been seen as being blindly partisan if they did.

Trump will have to do a lot more than just deflect the "dossier."  That's just a piece of it.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:29:33 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

So if there is other, irrefutable evidence that was used to procure the FISA warrant, why was the steele dossier even used?

You are confusing, hopefully unintentionally, two separate things.  The FISA warrant was with respect to one person.  There is other evidence that suggests, albeit weakly (mostly because it’s more consistent with Trump being a negligent, disorganized idiot), the basis for the possibility of collusion.  Including Papadopoulos, who in 2013 was investigated for possible connections with Russian agents. 

Offline jpsb

What "Russian issues"?

Exactly what evidence do you have indicating that Trump committed a crime in collusion
with the Russian government? The investigation has been going on for almost 2 years. First
by the FBI and then Mueller. Where is the evidence of criminal activity by Trump?

Oceander

Prove that it isn't.

Because Trump and his team did a lot of stupid things, including hiring people who had already been investigated for connections to Russian agents, ie, Papadopoulos, and that idiocy by Team Trump is the basis for the investigation.

Innocent stupidity is still stupidity, and when it’s the right kind of stupid, it invites investigations.

Offline edpc

Stating the obvious here, but with no evidence all we're left with is a politically motivated witch hunt.

Not really.  Taking that meeting and making some bad decisions on consultants and appointments invited the scrutiny.  Sessions and Rosenstein are both Trump appointees.  They can review the information and circumstances.  Neither of them were obligated to appoint the special counsel.

Oceander

What "Russian issues"?

Exactly what evidence do you have indicating that Trump committed a crime in collusion
with the Russian government? The investigation has been going on for almost 2 years. First
by the FBI and then Mueller. Where is the evidence of criminal activity by Trump?

I don’t have evidence and, generally speaking, the cops don’t have to have sufficient evidence that proves all the elements of a crime before they start investigating a crime.  Duh. 

What there is are some stupid moves by a disorganized idiot, namely Trump and his campaign, that gave rise to the appearance of possible criminal conduct.  And all the cops need to investigate is that appearance. 

If you’d stop worshipping Trump as an infallible saint, you might see just how large are his feet of clay, and just how they got him into this predicament. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You are confusing, hopefully unintentionally, two separate things.  The FISA warrant was with respect to one person.  There is other evidence that suggests, albeit weakly (mostly because it’s more consistent with Trump being a negligent, disorganized idiot), the basis for the possibility of collusion.  Including Papadopoulos, who in 2013 was investigated for possible connections with Russian agents.

Papadop and Manaforte (and others) make  me wonder if there was any vetting of potential employees of Trump?  For a guy so famous for having a TV show to do just that in his business, it makes me wonder...
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

Steele had connections in Russia through his previous work in Brit intel.  He'd been consulted by American intel prior to 2016 and deemed credible.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 05:42:09 pm by edpc »

Offline jpsb

I don’t have evidence and, generally speaking, the cops don’t have to have sufficient evidence that proves all the elements of a crime before they start investigating a crime.  Duh. 

OK, so what crime did Trump commit that are they investigating?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Steele had connections in Russia through his previous work in Brit intel.  He'd been consulted by American intel prior to 2016 and deemed credible.

That's true, Steele's blind hatred of Trump was only later found out.  I suspect we'll hear more about that when the Schiff memo hits the fan, probably next week.  If there was a stated motivation for that partisanship, Schiff will surely point it out, and it won't look so blind.
I will NOT comply.

Oceander

Who knows?   That’s why they’re investigating.  Duh. If we knew what crimes he had committed, they’d be prosecuting, not investigating.  Duh.

Offline edpc

Papadop and Manaforte (and others) make  me wonder if there was any vetting of potential employees of Trump?  For a guy so famous for having a TV show to do just that in his business, it makes me wonder...

Probably not.  Just look at his Cabinet.  Rick Perry is Secretary of Energy.  That is a department Perry wanted to eliminate, but couldn't remember in his famous 'oops' moment. Tom Price is now gone from Health and Human Services. Ben Carson, a brain surgeon, probably would have been better in that role but he is in charge of Housing and Urban Development - probably because Trump thought it should be a black guy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You missed his point:  Investigators don't act on proven commissions of crime, they act on probable cause.

The correct question would be, "What's the probable cause here?"
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fantom

Who knows?   That’s why they’re investigating.  Duh. If we knew what crimes he had committed, they’d be prosecuting, not investigating.  Duh.

So you are ok with a Special Counsel with unlimited resources to investigate you? After all, who knows what crimes you have committed... that is why we need an investigation.

Just like in the old USSR comrade.  :police:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline jpsb

Prior to being "interviewed" by the FBI what crime did Papadopoulos commit. Same with Gen Flynn
what crime did Flynn commit? All of these "crimes" are being manufactured by the FBI. This is
Martha Steward all over again. It is not justice, it is fascism.

Oceander

So you are ok with a Special Counsel with unlimited resources to investigate you? After all, who knows what crimes you have committed... that is why we need an investigation.

Just like in the old USSR comrade.  :police:

Whatever.  You have your mind made up, and no amount of facts will ever change it, so please, enjoy playing with your strawmen and other little trinkets. 

Carry on, child, carry on. 

Offline edpc

You missed his point:  Investigators don't act on proven commissions of crime, they act on probable cause.

The correct question would be, "What's the probable cause here?"

More importantly, the Special Counsel doesn't even look into anything unless the AG or DAG (both appointed by the President) determines it's warranted.  The SC also has to come back for approval to investigate matters outside the original scope.