Author Topic: BREAKING: FISA Memo Released (Full Memo Here)  (Read 6132 times)

Offline mrclose

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: BREAKING: FISA Memo Released (Full Memo Here)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 05:36:35 pm »
Thank you.  Yep, it's out.

https://imgur.com/a/0mI5T

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 05:41:46 pm »
Luckily it's embedded because both sites that I have gone to are overloaded.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 05:42:43 pm »
No FISA warrant would have been obtained without dossier. Doesn't that say it all?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 05:43:48 pm »
Bump....

Reading now but so far the biggest takeaway is that the Clinton camp was the one actually colluding with foreign players, doing what they were accusing, and the FBI getting involved in influencing elections based on that illegal collusion.

When we have time, it may be good to draw out a timeline to put all this together.

Offline ABX

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 05:47:10 pm »
I’d like to see what other evidence besides the dossier was actually used for these FISA warrants.  If corruption is truly evident at the DOJ/FBI, it seems like a DOJ and/or FBI IG investigation or an investigation by Congress should have been ordered ASAP.  I wonder why Nunes isn’t pushing for that rather than a public release?   Pure partisanship IMO. 

I look forward to when Trump can get his “only the best people” in the Attorney General, Deputy Attorney General, and FBI Director positions.  Oh wait……../s/

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 05:49:07 pm »
No FISA warrant would have been obtained without dossier. Doesn't that say it all?

Pretty much! Along with the fact that the petitioners for the warrant KNEW the source of the material and concealed it from the FISA Court judge!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 05:49:59 pm »

This is per McCabe's own testimony before the intelligence committee in December 2017.

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 05:56:17 pm »
The other issue I'm reading in this that is even a bit more disturbing than what's being discussed in the media is that the FISA court was being used for this, even though this is not under the purview of FISA - the warrant is to surveille IS citizens, not foreign agents. This should have gone through, at the very least, federal courts for a warrant, not the FISA panel.

Ie, FISA was used against citizens. One fear civil libertarians have been screaming for a while.

Offline endicom

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 05:58:02 pm »
"It is hard to understand why Adam Schiff has his knickers so fully bunched up over this. Unless he knows that this is only the tip of the iceberg. Hmmm.": http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/02/breaking-the-memo-is-out.php

Only the tip of the iceberg. And now the appetite is whetted for more.

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 05:58:46 pm »
Make a note of 2(a) of FISA law.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1805

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 06:00:51 pm »
"It is hard to understand why Adam Schiff has his knickers so fully bunched up over this. Unless he knows that this is only the tip of the iceberg. Hmmm.": http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/02/breaking-the-memo-is-out.php

That the DNC and Clinton camps were colliding with foreign agents should have them worry based on the own narrative they've written for the past year.

Bias isn't the damming part here.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2018, 06:01:48 pm »

There is DEFINITELY more to this than what we are seeing in this memo.  Which BTW, is quite enough by itself.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2018, 06:02:27 pm »
OK, I had a quick look at it.... tell me, what's in that memo that those who are active in this forum don't already  know?

I want to be "shocked" by something new but there's nothing new that I don't already know or suspect.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:02:47 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline austingirl

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 06:02:52 pm »
Wolfie on now- Release of disputed memo- released in direct defiance of FBI and DOJ- a partisan Republic memo   :silly:

Perez DNC statement "The people deserve to know about Trump's Russian collusion."  :silly:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2018, 06:03:44 pm »
Make a note of 2(a) of FISA law.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1805

(2) on the basis of the facts submitted by the applicant there is probable cause to believe that—
(A) the target of the electronic surveillance is a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power: Provided, That no United States person may be considered a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power solely upon the basis of activities protected by the first amendment to the Constitution of the United States; and...

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2018, 06:06:39 pm »
OK, I had a quick look at it.... tell me, what's in that memo that those who are active in this forum don't already  know?

I want to be "shocked" by something new but there's nothing new that I don't already know or suspect.

Nothing much except for the little news that the warrant for Carter Page was renewed three times each supposedly require separate justifications.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 06:11:24 pm »
Nancy Shumer et al are calling the release of the memo obstruction of justice, said firing Rosenstein and Mueller would bring on a Constitutional Crisis like Saturday night massacre.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2018, 06:12:35 pm »

Nothing if you watch or listen to Hannity..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 06:15:33 pm »

The big thing I think is the direct, improper use of the FISA system against U.S. citizens in violation of the law I linked above.

Then, showing collusion between the DNC and foreign agents (high crime based on the narrative they have pushed for the past year).

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 06:23:33 pm »

The only question I have is that why were the Democrats, FBI and DoJ so bent on keeping this under wraps when the material facts therein have been known for a while now?

Besides, if the memo shows FBI wrongdoing, I don't give a flip what the FBI thinks. They did wrong, they don't get a say.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 06:25:58 pm »

Methinks we will go hungry on that score.

The Oligarchy is not going to permit any real potential danger risk their absolute rule.  Lots of people will die before they allow that happen, and they don't give a shit if that number is in the thousands or more.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 06:26:04 pm »
A bit more from the FISA law: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1804. Note section 6.

U.S. Code › Title 50 › Chapter 36 › Subchapter I › § 1804
50 U.S. Code § 1804 - Applications for court orders
US Code
Notes
prev | next
(a) Submission by Federal officer; approval of Attorney General; contentsEach application for an order approving electronic surveillance under this subchapter shall be made by a Federal officer in writing upon oath or affirmation to a judge having jurisdiction under section 1803 of this title. Each application shall require the approval of the Attorney General based upon his finding that it satisfies the criteria and requirements of such application as set forth in this subchapter. It shall include—
(1) the identity of the Federal officer making the application;
(2) the identity, if known, or a description of the specific target of the electronic surveillance;
(3) a statement of the facts and circumstances relied upon by the applicant to justify his belief that—
(A) the target of the electronic surveillance is a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power; and
(B) each of the facilities or places at which the electronic surveillance is directed is being used, or is about to be used, by a foreign power or an agent of a foreign power;
(4) a statement of the proposed minimization procedures;
(5) a description of the nature of the information sought and the type of communications or activities to be subjected to the surveillance;
(6) a certification or certifications by the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, an executive branch official or officials designated by the President from among those executive officers employed in the area of national security or defense and appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate, or the Deputy Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, if designated by the President as a certifying official

Who was the official who signed off on this based on this requirement? (Rhetorical question obviously).
That person is responsible ultimately.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:27:06 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 06:35:40 pm »
Nancy Shumer et al are calling the release of the memo obstruction of justice, said firing Rosenstein and Mueller would bring on a Constitutional Crisis like Saturday night massacre.
Or they could simply resign (in disgrace), for having presided over ongoing criminal and fraudulent behavior; known to them or should have been known to them--from having performed reasonable due diligence.

At this stage if Mueller and Rosenstein didn't know all about these misdeeds and more, they are truly incompetent.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln