Author Topic: Georgia teen dies after complications from the flu  (Read 333 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Georgia teen dies after complications from the flu
« on: February 02, 2018, 05:06:49 pm »
Excerpted:

Georgia teen dies after complications from the flu
TEGNA

COWETA COUNTY, GA. – A 15-year-old girl from Coweta County has died from the flu.

Richard Hawk, the Coweta County coroner, confirmed the 15-year-old passed away from Influenza A on Tuesday. Hawk said she also had liver failure.

Read more at: http://www.wtsp.com/news/health/georgia-15-year-old-dies-from-flu-liver-failure/513231106

Sad for the girl and her family, my prayers.

Why this is a bit interesting is she also suffered from liver failure. All of the medicines for flu I see that have acetaminophen in them, have a caution on not to overdo the acetaminophen.   

Hawk stressed her death was not caused by an overdose of acetaminophen.

“[The flu] can get into the liver, by that acetaminophen or Tylenol is filtered out through the liver, and it can cause the liver function not to work well and that causes your acetaminophen level to rise,” Hawk said.

Offline Applewood

Re: Georgia teen dies after complications from the flu
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 05:49:14 pm »
I was just reading a piece about a little boy who died from a brain infection secondary to the flu. The article didn't provide much detail.  I'm looking for a better link now. 

There are flu meds with Advil.  Used to have some with aspirin, but aspirin has fallen out of favor now.

And it appears that Tamiflu isn't so safe either.  With every drug, it seems there are  always potential side effects and adverse reactions, some of which can be fatal.  I guess we all have to decide what's best for us by weighing risks and benefits.