Author Topic: Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Exits House Chamber During Chants Of "USA!"  (Read 1372 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Back to Videos
Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Exits House Chamber During Chants Of "USA!" At State Of The Union
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date January 30, 2018

Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) walked out of President Trump's first State of the Union speech during the following passage:

TRUMP: To young Americans who shed their blood on the shores of Normandy, and the fields beyond. And others, who went down in the waters of the Pacific and the skies over Asia.

And freedom stands tall over one more monument: this one. This Capitol. This living monument to the American people.

[USA! CHANTS]

A people whose heroes live not only in the past, but all around us — defending hope, pride, and the American way.

They work in every trade. They sacrifice to raise a family. They care for our children at home. They defend our flag abroad. They are strong moms and brave kids. They are firefighters, police officers, border agents, medics, and Marines.

But above all else, they are Americans. And this Capitol, this city, and this Nation, belong to them.

Our task is to respect them, to listen to them, to serve them, to protect them, and to always be worthy of them.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/30/dem_rep_luis_gutierrez_exits_house_chamber_during_chants_of_usa_at_state_of_the_union.html
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

Re: Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Exits House Chamber During Chants Of "USA!"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:26:58 am »

Offline anubias

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 05:31:57 am »
We all knew he doesn’t like the USA.  Now he’s shown his colors to all.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 05:32:02 am »
Of course he did.

To a Communist, chanting USA! USA! is akin to garlic and sunlight to a vampire.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 05:33:46 am »

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 05:44:15 am »
He had to get up and exercise his hands after sitting on them and refusing to applaud for jobs, tax cuts, freedom, hero's, God etc etc.

rangerrebew

Democrat Luis Gutierrez walks out of State of the Union as Republicans start chanting USA
and says whoever translated Trump's speech from Russian 'did a good job'

Gutierrez, 64, walked out as Republican congressmen began chanting USA
    The Illinois congressman was caught ducking out of the chamber before the end of the speech
    But his spokesperson insisted he left the chamber to make it to an appearance on Univision
    Chicago native later released a statement criticizing much of Trump's speech
    'I was hoping to get through my life without having to witness an outwardly, explicitly racist American President, but my luck ran out,' he said

By Forrest Hanson For Dailymail.com

Published: 00:25 EST, 31 January 2018 | Updated: 02:51 EST, 31 January 2018

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5333355/Democrat-Luis-Gutierrez-walks-State-Union.html#ixzz55nvPq200

Offline bilo

What a jerk.

There's no reasoning with the radical left, but I would love to know what they think Trump has done that is so bad.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Democrat Luis Gutierrez walks out of State of the Union as Republicans start chanting USA
and says whoever translated Trump's speech from Russian 'did a good job'

Gutierrez, 64, walked out as Republican congressmen began chanting USA
    The Illinois congressman was caught ducking out of the chamber before the end of the speech
    But his spokesperson insisted he left the chamber to make it to an appearance on Univision
    Chicago native later released a statement criticizing much of Trump's speech
    'I was hoping to get through my life without having to witness an outwardly, explicitly racist American President, but my luck ran out,' he said

By Forrest Hanson For Dailymail.com

Published: 00:25 EST, 31 January 2018 | Updated: 02:51 EST, 31 January 2018

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5333355/Democrat-Luis-Gutierrez-walks-State-Union.html#ixzz55nvPq200

Why don't the "Dreamers" call themselves by their real name, "Los Sonador"?
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Luis Gutierrez walks out as crowd chants "USA!"

! No longer available

Offline goodwithagun

Neither American nor Mexican are races, they are nationalities; therefore, chanting one’s country’s name is not racist.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline anubias

Neither American nor Mexican are races, they are nationalities; therefore, chanting one’s country’s name is not racist.

And Hispanics are considered “White” by the government.  So what’s with all this “Make America white again” by Pelosi other than she is senile?

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If he is that repulsed by the USA, the land in which he and his family live, the land which pays his enormous salary, then why doesn't he just go back home where he is more comfortable? No rhetorical. I mean really.

It is obvious that this country is repellant to him, so......why stay? Nobody is forcing him to be here.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

If he is that repulsed by the USA, the land in which he and his family live, the land which pays his enormous salary, then why doesn't he just go back home where he is more comfortable? No rhetorical. I mean really.

It is obvious that this country is repellant to him, so......why stay? Nobody is forcing him to be here.

He likes the country fine. He thinks its just got the wrong people in it.

Offline MOD8

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 12:22:44 am »
Topics merged

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 12:27:47 am »
Topics merged

Merging slows down traffic. That isn't good.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 12:35:26 am »
Merging slows down traffic. That isn't good.

Not if it’s done correctly

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 12:46:56 am »
As long as we're investigating foreign influence on our government, maybe we should investigate him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline WingNot

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 01:05:14 am »
To today's open borders liberal, shouting U-S-A is the same as saying Heil Hitler.

Offline anubias

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 01:08:34 am »
To today's open borders liberal, shouting U-S-A is the same as saying Heil Hitler.

QFT.  Sad idnit?

Offline Fantom

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 02:04:40 am »
Not if it’s done correctly

Right! It is the jerks passing all the lined up traffic, then cutting in who F'c it up. They just have to be first.  888high58888
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 02:12:58 am »
Back to Videos
Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez Exits House Chamber During Chants Of "USA!" At State Of The Union
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date January 30, 2018

Dem Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) walked out of President Trump's first State of the Union speech during the following passage:

TRUMP: To young Americans who shed their blood on the shores of Normandy, and the fields beyond. And others, who went down in the waters of the Pacific and the skies over Asia.

And freedom stands tall over one more monument: this one. This Capitol. This living monument to the American people.

[USA! CHANTS]

A people whose heroes live not only in the past, but all around us — defending hope, pride, and the American way.

They work in every trade. They sacrifice to raise a family. They care for our children at home. They defend our flag abroad. They are strong moms and brave kids. They are firefighters, police officers, border agents, medics, and Marines.

But above all else, they are Americans. And this Capitol, this city, and this Nation, belong to them.

Our task is to respect them, to listen to them, to serve them, to protect them, and to always be worthy of them.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/01/30/dem_rep_luis_gutierrez_exits_house_chamber_during_chants_of_usa_at_state_of_the_union.html

The worst possible time to walk out.  For his sake, I hope he's in a 'safe' district.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 02:14:52 am »
The worst possible time to walk out.  For his sake, I hope he's in a 'safe' district.

He's not running for reelection.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You need to 'splain' that to Luis.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 02:26:01 am »

He's more than' safe' even if he was running again.

He's in Bammy's neighborhood and town.  LaRaza and Communists abound along with the most corrupt party apparatus on earth.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775