Author Topic: 3rd Confederate flag rises along North Carolina interstates  (Read 10258 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: 3rd Confederate flag rises along North Carolina interstates
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2018, 05:35:28 pm »
Be honest, SP.  Of course the Civil War was about slavery.  Yes,  I know that Southern partisans dress it all up purty as being about States' rights, and Northern partisans claim it was about preserving the Union.

But the fact is that if slavery didn't exist, the South wouldn't have left the Union and the war would not have been fought.   Slavery is the but-for cause of the conflict.   

And it's also true that African Americans continue to suffer from racial animus and prejudice (and, yeah, we Northerners are just as guilty of that as Southerners.)   So when that stupid snot rag of a flag continues to fly over public buildings,  I fully understand why so many are offended.   

I can't tell you to take it down.  I don't have the right.   But I do have the right to express my opinion about those who keep wanting to pick at scabs centuries later.  And they're everywhere, on both the left and the right.     
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:40:36 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2018, 05:57:03 pm »
Be honest, SP.  Of course the Civil War was about slavery.

Yes,and the Sun rises in the west,up is down,and Bubbette! Clinton is a swimsuit model.

Are you REALLY such an enormous fool that you believe without question what was taught to you about history in public schools?

ABRAHAM LINCOLN wrote in his dairy that the war had nothing to do with slavery. WTF are you going to believe,Lincoln,or some dipshit history teacher?

Bubba,if anyone is showing their prejudices here,it is you,and your conditioned prejudices against the south.

But the fact is that if slavery didn't exist, the South wouldn't have left the Union and the war would not have been fought.   Slavery is the but-for cause of the conflict.   

Blah,blah,bullshit squared,blah.

The root cause of the Civil War was economics. The south was starting to export cotton and other goods without cutting the NY banking families in on the deal. They got to dip their beaks into every deal entering or leaving on boats because they controlled the ports and they owned the largest banks. They saw themselves as the Masters of the Universe,and didn't like those "unsophisticated rural farmers getting all upppity".

To give Lincoln credit,what he cared about was keeping the nation from dividing. If that meant appeasing the slave owners,he was willing to do that. If it meant pleasing the NY (and truth to be told,European) banking families,he was willing to do that,too.

Then things got out of hand when the south,which was their RIGHT as member of a VOLUNTARY union seceded from the Union,he had no options left other than to use force.

And it's also true that African Americans continue to suffer from racial animus and prejudice (and, yeah, we Northerners are just as guilty of that as Southerners.)   So when that stupid snot rag of a flag continues to fly over public buildings,  I fully understand why so many are offended.   

I can't tell you to take it down.  I don't have the right.   But I do have the right to express my opinion about those who keep wanting to pick at scabs centuries later.  And they're everywhere, on both the left and the right.   

Ain't YOU "special"!!!!

I know you are speaking out of indoctrinated ignorance and kneejerk reactions because of it,so I will give you a little tech tip. You can get away with saying you will tear down Confederate flags on the internet,but it's really not a very smart thing to try to do in real life.

BTW,what are your thoughts on the FACT that it was a black man that enslaved the very first black slave in the English-speaking new world,or that there were black Confederate soldiers and even a couple of black Confederate graveyards that sill existed maybe 10 years ago. They may still exist,but I suspect they have fallen to false history by now. They were just sooo Non-PC.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:59:42 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2018, 06:30:49 pm »
Confederate flags being raised again? Should I be dusting off the AK and heading to the Mason Dixon line to tamp down some southern aggression.......again?

You can't.  Gun laws in Maryland prevent you from bringing your AK.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2018, 06:47:47 pm »

Yes,and the Sun rises in the west,up is down,and Bubbette! Clinton is a swimsuit model.

Are you REALLY such an enormous fool that you believe without question what was taught to you about history in public schools?

ABRAHAM LINCOLN wrote in his dairy that the war had nothing to do with slavery. WTF are you going to believe,Lincoln,or some dipshit history teacher?

Bubba,if anyone is showing their prejudices here,it is you,and your conditioned prejudices against the south.

Blah,blah,bullshit squared,blah.

The root cause of the Civil War was economics. The south was starting to export cotton and other goods without cutting the NY banking families in on the deal. They got to dip their beaks into every deal entering or leaving on boats because they controlled the ports and they owned the largest banks. They saw themselves as the Masters of the Universe,and didn't like those "unsophisticated rural farmers getting all upppity".

To give Lincoln credit,what he cared about was keeping the nation from dividing. If that meant appeasing the slave owners,he was willing to do that. If it meant pleasing the NY (and truth to be told,European) banking families,he was willing to do that,too.

Then things got out of hand when the south,which was their RIGHT as member of a VOLUNTARY union seceded from the Union,he had no options left other than to use force.

Ain't YOU "special"!!!!

I know you are speaking out of indoctrinated ignorance and kneejerk reactions because of it,so I will give you a little tech tip. You can get away with saying you will tear down Confederate flags on the internet,but it's really not a very smart thing to try to do in real life.

BTW,what are your thoughts on the FACT that it was a black man that enslaved the very first black slave in the English-speaking new world,or that there were black Confederate soldiers and even a couple of black Confederate graveyards that sill existed maybe 10 years ago. They may still exist,but I suspect they have fallen to false history by now. They were just sooo Non-PC.

Well said!

The person who posted the flag was "stupid" and uses it to "wipe his ass" is full of hatred. He denigrates the proud heritage of brave men who died for their cause, to not become economic slaves to the North.

Slavery, an evil, has existed for many centuries, in many countries, and is continued today.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2018, 07:15:27 pm »
@Frank Cannon

Yeah,come on down and see how well that works out for you.

Worked out awesome the last time. You remember that dont'cha? That time y'all lost your ass.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 07:16:00 pm »
You can't.  Gun laws in Maryland prevent you from bringing your AK.

LOL. Damn Southerners have figured out a way to outfox the North.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2018, 07:17:53 pm »
LOL. Damn Southerners have figured out a way to outfox the North.

I wonder how many people these days actually know where the Mason-Dixon line is?

I think more than a few would be shocked to actually know where the "South" begins.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2018, 07:19:59 pm »
I wonder how many people these days actually know where the Mason-Dixon line is?

I think more than a few would be shocked to actually know where the "South" begins.

They probably think it is one of those Tractor Rap Bullshit new Country Groups  like Florida-Georgia Line or Jason Aldean.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2018, 07:29:33 pm »
Well said!

The person who posted the flag was "stupid" and uses it to "wipe his ass" is full of hatred. He denigrates the proud heritage of brave men who died for their cause, to not become economic slaves to the North.

Slavery, an evil, has existed for many centuries, in many countries, and is continued today.

I don't denigrate the brave soldiers who died for the Southern cause.   I denigrate those who can't accept that the war was over a century and a half ago and insist on poking today's Southerners in the eye with giant Rebel battle flags that send the message that racial animus is alive and well.   Yes, they have the right to do that, as well as to claim they're just exhibiting their white pride.  Just as I have the right to criticize such provocations. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2018, 07:39:45 pm »
I denigrate those who can't accept that the war was over a century and a half ago and insist on poking today's Southerners in the eye with giant Rebel battle flags that send the message that racial animus is alive and well.

Typical Yankee bullshit from someone who likely has never stepped foot in the South.

There is NO true Southerner alive that publicly thinks the display of the Confederate flag is a 'poke in the eye'.

Southerners look on that flag with respect and heritage.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Oceander

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2018, 07:42:14 pm »
Typical Yankee bullshit from someone who likely has never stepped foot in the South.

There is NO true Southerner alive that publicly thinks the display of the Confederate flag is a 'poke in the eye'.

As a southerner born and bred, I disagree. That flag is, and has been, displayed by some to be a ‘poke in the eye.”   Not all the time, nor by everyone, certainly, but often enough by enough. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2018, 07:49:27 pm »

Most people outside the DNC and the ACLU normally don't give it a second thought either.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2018, 07:50:50 pm »

Why the need for an extra symbol, beyond the flag of the United States of America?

There is no flag of the "Rocky Mountain States" or the "Midwest."

What precisely is this "heritage," anyway. What is the common feature?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2018, 07:53:34 pm »
Why the need for an extra symbol, beyond the flag of the United States of America?

There is no flag of the "Rocky Mountain States" or the "Midwest."

Well you have your second State Flag flying everywhere in the Cali.  You know the one.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2018, 07:57:07 pm »

Baws who fought gallantly an' mahnujed tuh save da rejuhmunt.....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2018, 08:02:35 pm »
Most people outside the DNC and the ACLU normally don't give it a second thought either.

Won't say it's common, but in my daily travels around the Maryland countryside...

Less than an hour's drive, I know where there are least a half dozen homes that proudly display the Confederate Flag on their front porch....and the huge Lone Star might be on the siding, too!

I'll remember to take pics for y'all. 

They're in small towns or outskirts of same...with landmark covered wooden bridges, etc..

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2018, 08:14:17 pm »
So, we've had the Spanish, Mexican, Lone Star, Confederate and the U.S. Flag, flying over where I live, at one point or another.
(Did I forget the French?)
You either ban everyone except the state and U.S. Flag, or ban none of them.
So the Original Spanish and Mexican settlers to Texas were all sweetness and light, abused no one, had no slaves, etc...

I ain't buying it.

Ban all except the current one(s) or let them all fly.

"Those that forget history are...."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 08:28:50 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2018, 08:20:50 pm »
Won't say it's common, but in my daily travels around the Maryland countryside...

Less than an hour's drive, I know where there are least a half dozen homes that proudly display the Confederate Flag on their front porch....and the huge Lone Star might be on the siding, too!

I'll remember to take pics for y'all. 

They're in small towns or outskirts of same...with landmark covered wooden bridges, etc..

There's a lot of good folks in Maryland...but like New York and California the huge cities dominate the political scene and drown out the average person who lives there suffering under the results of Liberalism.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2018, 08:22:13 pm »
So the Original Spanish and Mexican settlers to Texas were all sweetness and light, abused no one, had no slaves, etc...

"Those that forget history are...."

"Remember Goliad!"

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2018, 08:28:26 pm »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2018, 09:21:24 pm »
Why is flying the flag of a Confederacy defeated 153 years ago a political issue for the South today?  What is the reasoning?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2018, 09:32:37 pm »
Why is flying the flag of a Confederacy defeated 153 years ago a political issue for the South today?  What is the reasoning?

It's not an issue per se for the Southern states...it's an issue for the Liberal race pimps the ACLU and other leftist organizations who are right now trying to erase history from the books because they think a 150 year old flag or the marble statue of some long dead Confederate General somehow is causing the racial strife we have today.

It's a distraction from actually dealing with the issues causing the problems.  Low hanging fruit if you will.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2018, 09:37:16 pm »

Baws who fought gallantly an' mahnujed tuh save da rejuhmunt.....

LOL. Priceless.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2018, 09:51:29 pm »
Worked out awesome the last time. You remember that dont'cha? That time y'all lost your ass.

If it’s such a big deal they should have won the damn war.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2018, 11:43:13 pm »
Right in Virginia wonders:
"Why is flying the flag of a Confederacy defeated 153 years ago a political issue for the South today?  What is the reasoning?"

Independence.
Rebellion.
Opposition.
Freedom.