Author Topic: 3rd Confederate flag rises along North Carolina interstates  (Read 10336 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: 3rd Confederate flag rises along North Carolina interstates
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 05:34:49 pm »
Oh, just put the stupid thing away. 

The war's been over for 150 years now.    *****rollingeyes*****

People like you are just stoking a new one.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 07:34:23 pm »

@Jazzhead

And the Bill of Rights is even older...no wonder you hold it in such disregard!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 07:37:41 pm »
First they came for the Confederate Flag....

You think it's going to stop there, they are already going after Jefferson, and ultimately they will go after Washington, and suggest that we get a new flag to better represent our "diversity".   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 07:47:46 pm »
First they came for the Confederate Flag....

You think it's going to stop there, they are already going after Jefferson, and ultimately they will go after Washington, and suggest that we get a new flag to better represent our "diversity".   

Yes they did.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 11:20:33 pm »

Just because you have no regard for heritage, honor, and homeland, don't spout your ignorant views.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 01:09:57 pm »
@Jazzhead

And the Bill of Rights is even older...no wonder you hold it in such disregard!

Suppressed -  why do you levy this charge?   What part of the Bill of Rights do you say I "hold in disregard"?   

I'm not suggesting that the law prohibit these yokels from flying the Confederate flag.  Of course they have the right.   I'm just suggesting the war's been over for 150 years now, and it's time to give it up.   The South has much to be proud of  - folks from my part of the country are flocking there - but insisting on poking one's metaphorical finger in the eyes of those who continue to suffer the effects of racial prejudice is just, well, assholery.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 01:14:40 pm »
Just because you have no regard for heritage, honor, and homeland, don't spout your ignorant views.

It's hardly ignorant to state that the war's been over for 150 years, sir.  Ignorance is continuing to insist on the righteousness of a cause grounded in the defense of slavery.    Let it go - so the rest of us can let it go,  and continue to heal.     

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 02:52:27 pm »
but insisting on poking one's metaphorical finger in the eyes of those who continue to suffer the effects of racial prejudice is just, well, assholery.

Bullshit.

Having someone ELSE define what YOUR flag means is assholery.
Just what would you do if someone decided your precious rainbow flag was all about tobacco?

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 02:58:52 pm »
It's hardly ignorant to state that the war's been over for 150 years, sir.  Ignorance is continuing to insist on the righteousness of a cause grounded in the defense of slavery.    Let it go - so the rest of us can let it go,  and continue to heal.     

If you don't like it, don't look at it. People have the right to choose to fly a flag if they so desire.
So let it go.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 03:04:04 pm »
Suppressed -  why do you levy this charge?   What part of the Bill of Rights do you say I "hold in disregard"?   

I'm not suggesting that the law prohibit these yokels from flying the Confederate flag.  Of course they have the right.   I'm just suggesting the war's been over for 150 years now, and it's time to give it up.   The South has much to be proud of  - folks from my part of the country are flocking there - but insisting on poking one's metaphorical finger in the eyes of those who continue to suffer the effects of racial prejudice is just, well, assholery.

If ignorance ever goes to $100 a barrel, I want drilling rights to your head.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 03:11:34 pm »

FYI - willful ignorance will require fracking.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 03:28:26 pm »

Are you so obtuse that you think WBTS heritage is limited to the slavery issue?  I guess the concepts of honor, valor, homeland defense, and pride in ancestry are concepts beyond your comprehension.  Where's the damn ignore button, ......  you are worthy.

9999hair out0000
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 03:31:45 pm »

Wrap yourself up in this bubba.....   I hope its big enough....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 03:35:21 pm »

LOL. Top Notch!

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 03:43:56 pm »

"folks from my part of the country are flocking there"

God help us, if they are anything like him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2018, 04:05:33 pm »
Confederate flags being raised again? Should I be dusting off the AK and heading to the Mason Dixon line to tamp down some southern aggression.......again?

@Frank Cannon

Yeah,come on down and see how well that works out for you.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2018, 04:09:04 pm »

@Jazzhead

Have you tried explaining that to the yankees? Of course you haven't.

Are you one of the ignorant shitheads that thinks it had anything to do with slavery?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2018, 04:10:29 pm »
In what alternate universe was that happening? It was the home of the Know Nothing Party for crying out loud.

@Frank Cannon

It's not now?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2018, 04:31:05 pm »
@Jazzhead

Have you tried explaining that to the yankees? Of course you haven't.

Are you one of the ignorant shitheads that thinks it had anything to do with slavery?

It had EVERYTHING to do with slavery.   But never mind - you have the right to fly that flag, so go ahead and do it.   As for me, I have the right to wipe my ass with it.   

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2018, 05:08:10 pm »
It had EVERYTHING to do with slavery.   But never mind - you have the right to fly that flag, so go ahead and do it.   As for me, I have the right to wipe my ass with it.

As do we.

I wipe my ass with this flag:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2018, 05:13:40 pm »
All hail the Bill of Rights!   Let's all hate to our heart's content!   :patriot:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2018, 05:21:13 pm »
All hail the Bill of Rights!   Let's all hate to our heart's content!   :patriot:

Yeah, it's called liberty.

Something you think should be "reasonably regulated" by the courts and government using punitive measures.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2018, 05:31:28 pm »
It had EVERYTHING to do with slavery.

Thank you for self-identifying as an ignorant fool. Even Abraham Lincoln said it had nothing to do with slavery,but WTF did HE know about it,right?

As for me, I have the right to wipe my ass with it.

In your case,that would be your head.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2018, 05:33:40 pm »

@Jazzhead

WAAAAH! WAAAAH! (maybe I can cry and deflect attention away from my ignorance!)  WAAAAH!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2018, 05:34:28 pm »
Yeah, it's called liberty.

Something you think should be "reasonably regulated" by the courts and government using punitive measures.

@INVAR

:amen: