Author Topic: EPA ends clean air policy opposed by fossil fuel interests  (Read 1049 times)

Offline Suppressed

EPA ends clean air policy opposed by fossil fuel interests
« on: January 26, 2018, 04:24:01 pm »
EPA ends clean air policy opposed by fossil fuel interests
By MICHAEL BIESECKER; Yesterday
https://www.apnews.com/646836ad590c4230b730fc17cfbcb967/EPA-ends-clean-air-policy-opposed-by-fossil-fuel-interests

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration announced Thursday it is doing away with a decades-old air emissions policy opposed by fossil fuel companies, a move that environmental groups say will result in more pollution.

The Environmental Protection Agency said it was withdrawing the “once-in always-in” policy under the Clean Air Act, which dictated how major sources of hazardous air pollutants are regulated. Under the EPA’s new interpretation, such “major sources” as coal-fired power plants can be reclassified as “area sources” when their emissions fall below mandated limits, subjecting them to differing standards.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: EPA ends clean air policy opposed by fossil fuel interests
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 04:25:03 pm »
Although it's not directly energy, it will mostly impact coal-fired plants, so I posted here.

I didn't see this posted elsewhere.  If it was, please contact mods to merge or delete.

Thanks.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 04:25:48 pm »
Good.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 04:27:14 pm »
Although it's not directly energy, it will mostly impact coal-fired plants, so I posted here.

Seems like the right place to me.

Cheers!
Life is fragile, handle with prayer