Author Topic: DOJ recovers missing text messages between anti-Trump FBI agents Strzok and Page  (Read 1147 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
just breaking
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: BREAKING>>>DOJ IG has recovered the 50k texts that went missing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 05:56:22 pm »
Gee it was funny how these werent provided before.    I wonder how many were deleted before they were recovered.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 05:56:57 pm »
Justice Department 'has FOUND and is recovering some' of the 50,000 missing text messages between the Trump-hating FBI lovers

ustice Department 'has FOUND and is recovering some' of the 50,000 missing text messages between the Trump-hating FBI lovers

The Justice Department has started to recover missing text messages between two FBI officials who expressed an anti-Trump bias, Fox News reported
    The department last week revealed a critical gap in messages between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page
    Strzok is a counterintelligence agent who worked on Hillary Clinton 's email case; Page worked with Strzok on the special counsel investigation into Russia
    Texts between the pair from December 14, 2017 to May 17, 2017 are missing
    Time frame covers the transition to the beginning of special counsel probe
    Attorney General ordered a probe and said 'we will use every technology available to determine whether the missing messages are recoverable'
    Trump called it 'one of the biggest stories in a long time' in a Tuesday tweet that noted the missing messages were 'all in prime time. Wow!'
    The White House then said the scandal may point to 'possibly illegal behavior' and the president believes it is of 'great cause for concern'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5310541/DOJ-missing-texts-Trump-hating-FBI-lovers.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 06:10:30 pm »
Well lets see them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Au_Jus

• Adorable Deplorable
"The Department of Justice has recovered missing text messages between anti-Trump FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, the DOJ’s inspector general said Thursday.

In a letter sent to congressional committees, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz said his office “succeeded in using forensic tools to recover text messages from FBI devices, including text messages between Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page that were sent or received between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/25/missing-text-messages-between-two-fbi-employees-have-been-located-according-to-department-justice-official.html

Oceander

Funny thing, that. 

:facepalm2:

Now the game is:  we’re all of the “missing” messages recovered, verifiably, or are some still “missing” that we’ll never be told about?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:27:59 pm by Oceander »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Can’t wait to find out there’s nothing substantial to the 50K tweets and hear how this whole ‘gone missing’ episode was nothing but a deep state psy-op to make those investigating the investigation look foolish.    *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Forum member

Mark Levin tossed out an interesting question... How do they know it's 50,000?

rangerrebew

DOJ recovers missing text messages between anti-Trump FBI agents Strzok and Page

By Jake Gibson, Alex Pappas

Published January 25, 2018
FoxNews.com

The Department of Justice has recovered missing text messages between anti-Trump FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, the DOJ’s inspector general said Thursday.

In a letter sent to congressional committees, Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz said his office “succeeded in using forensic tools to recover text messages from FBI devices, including text messages between Mr. Strzok and Ms. Page that were sent or received between December 14, 2016 and May 17, 2017.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/25/missing-text-messages-between-two-fbi-employees-have-been-located-according-to-department-justice-official.html

Offline Au_Jus

• Adorable Deplorable
Mark Levin tossed out an interesting question... How do they know it's 50,000?

It wouldn't be hard to determine that.  Each text has a unique ID on the server.  They can see the last one they have and then where the sequence picks up again. 

Though I think 50k is a rounded number and not an exact count. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
#ReleaseTheMemo
#ReleaseTheMemos
#ReleaseTheTexts

Offline edpc

It wouldn't be hard to determine that.  Each text has a unique ID on the server.  They can see the last one they have and then where the sequence picks up again. 

It’s one of those traveling numbers, like the amount of DACA people in the US.

Offline Millee

I can't imagine sending 50k texts in a lifetime, much less in 5-months.   :thud:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I can't imagine sending 50k texts in a lifetime, much less in 5-months.   :thud:

The FBI has a good plan.   Unlimited Text and Talk.  No overage fee's.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Au_Jus

• Adorable Deplorable

For the entire FBI?

Actually seems low to me.

Offline Millee

For the entire FBI?

Actually seems low to me.

Oh, I thought it was 50k just between the two of them.  I misunderstood. 

Offline edpc

The FBI has a good plan.   Unlimited Text and Talk.  No overage fee's.

Plus, free Netflix.  That way, they can binge on Mindhunter.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Plus, free Netflix.  That way, they can binge on Mindhunter.

And the X-Files....The truth is out there.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Waiting eagerly to see what the texts say during that critical period. Let the leaks commence! :pop41:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Oceander

Only if the IDs are sequential. 

Offline Au_Jus

• Adorable Deplorable

In my 25 + years in IT I don't think I've ever come across IDs that weren't sequential.  Generally speaking the unique ID is hard coded in the SW and not an option that can be changed by the Sys Admin. 

They are sequential for reasons just like this.  Though there are other reasons as well.  By looking at the gap in IDs the Sys Admin can quickly determine how many events are missing and roughly gauge the amount of data he/she is looking for.  Not to mention it provides a clear time frame for the anomaly.

I don't see any advantage to non-sequential IDs.  I'm not saying there aren't any, but I'm not aware of them if they exist.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 09:02:33 pm »
Gee it was funny how these werent provided before.    I wonder how many were deleted before they were recovered.

@driftdiver

Not to mention edited.

Deletions and editing are what the whole time-out was about.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2018, 09:03:53 pm »
Well lets see them!

@Bigun

BTW,you need to change your tag line. The IRS can't compete with Islam.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

@Oceander
The FBI has good computer forensics people who could easily fake this data.  The only saving grace is it takes 6 months to a year to get anything out of those guys.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Can’t wait to find out there’s nothing substantial to the 50K tweets and hear how this whole ‘gone missing’ episode was nothing but a deep state psy-op to make those investigating the investigation look foolish.    *****rollingeyes*****

@edpc

I'm guessing the Crack News Team reporting this will be Hay-Raldo Rivera,Katie Kouric,and they will resurrect "the most trusted man in 'murica",Walter "Red Stooge" Cronkite to chair it by blowing his corpse full of hot air so he will seem life-like.