Author Topic: New York governor signs executive order to keep net neutrality rules after the FCC’s repeal  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Suppressed

New York governor signs executive order to keep net neutrality rules after the FCC’s repeal
By Colin Lecher @colinlecher  Jan 24, 2018, 12:52pm EST
https://www.theverge.com/2018/1/24/16928494/new-york-governor-net-neutrality-cuomo-executive-order

In an announcement today, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he has signed an executive order that would require internet service providers with state contracts to abide by net neutrality rules, even though the FCC recently voted to repeal those rules.

On Monday, Montana’s governor signed essentially the same order; both require service providers with contracts to abide by the widely agreed upon tenets of net neutrality: no blocking, throttling, or otherwise favoring content. But the more populous New York could now become a key battleground over net neutrality.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
urinating in the wind
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.