Author Topic: Tony Perkins: Trump gets a 'mulligan' over Stormy Daniels from Evangelicals  (Read 15018 times)

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Melania would not have known about Stormy and it happened four months after Melania had his baby.
She could go along with what he did before they married, but this one hit her in the face.  This is likely why she is not traveling with him.  She also has to wonder how many more did he have after marrying her.

I heard the preacher guy today say Christians were giving him a pass, forgiving him since it was several years ago and he has changed.  No, he hasn't but maybe his years are keeping him from that behavior now, or maybe not.

Online corbe

Too bad @ConservativeGranny .... I want to know if your virtue signaling is genuine.  So, does Ronnie having to marry his pregnant mistress matter to you?

Good to know @Right_in_Virginia that the 'virtue signaling' as you call it, is witnessed when you Trumpers feel TBR is moving away from the President AND his party and bitch about Ronald Reagan in the Masthead and GOP in the domain name and how we are disparaging that honor and here you are.   It's Shameful really to prop your statue up like this.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

You really should get some new material.   :laugh:

No need...Donnie keeps the old stuff fresh.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@mystery-ak

Melania would not have known about Stormy and it happened four months after Melania had his baby.
She could go along with what he did before they married, but this one hit her in the face.  This is likely why she is not traveling with him.  She also has to wonder how many more did he have after marrying her.

I heard the preacher guy today say Christians were giving him a pass, forgiving him since it was several years ago and he has changed.  No, he hasn't but maybe his years are keeping him from that behavior now, or maybe not.

@Victoria33

Well since Jesus has already paid the price for Trumps sin I guess I'll worry about something else.   Like keeping the dems from destroying this country
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

SOME of us just hate adultery and licentiousness, no matter WHO it is who harms others with these debaucheries.

I rent to a Reverend. When I see him to pick up the check I ask him how the God business is after he asks me how the rental  business is. It's our running thing. Couple month ago he went off about the God business being bad because parishioners have become increasingly judgmental over the years instead of Christian like and end up scaring other away from joining the church. He said it's the reason numbers in the pew are dropping at all the churches.

I bring up this story because after reading your irrational anger at Donny over ALLEGEDLY having a affair TWELVE YEARS AGO I can see his point. You more than likely roll into some large half empty building every Sunday to fondle some holy relics and sing some Jesus songs about peace and love and then angrily gossip about unsubstantiated and inconsequential stories like this Donny one night stand stuff that doesn't effect your life in the very least.

When I see the Rev next month I will have to tell him I have seen tangible evidence of what he speaks.

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33

Well since Jesus has already paid the price for Trumps sin I guess I'll worry about something else.   Like keeping the dems from destroying this country

I don't care what he does, but this has to be hurting Melania.  She is finding out what she married and she can't do anything about it as long as he is president.

Offline Suppressed

@Victoria33
Well since Jesus has already paid the price for Trumps sin ...

@driftdiver
https://www.biola.edu/blogs/good-book-blog/2017/can-there-be-forgiveness-without-repentance-part-1

"I am not sure I have [ever asked forgiveness]. . . . I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't care what he does, but this has to be hurting Melania.  She is finding out what she married and she can't do anything about it as long as he is president.

LOL. That's patently absurd. Is she some sort of potted plant? She can head back up to 5th Avenue any time she likes......yet she stays. Could it be that this go nowhere story is total bullshit that only malcontents and spinsters find juicy?

BTW I don't believe the First Lady is some sort of prudish shrinking violet. Just a hunch....

Offline ConservativeGranny

You know that if there were any truth to the smears, they would have come out years ago.

The left HATED Reagan, and they would certainly have revealed infidelity if it existed.

It is only leftist Trumpists who now feel the need to slander Reagan.

@Neverdul
@musiclady Thanks for the information. I had never heard any of these rumors before.

Offline ConservativeGranny

Too bad @ConservativeGranny .... I want to know if your virtue signaling is genuine.  So, does Ronnie having to marry his pregnant mistress matter to you?
@Right-in-Virginia I don't know what "virtue signaling" is so I cannot speak to that. All I can say is that everything I say is "genuine". I speak my mind. I'm neither Rep or Dem so I have no party loyalty to worry about.  My opinion about Donald Trump hasn't changed since he first threw his hat into the ring unlike some others who just became fans when he won. I don't know that what has been said about President Reagan is true. If he got his girlfriend pregnant and then married her I would say he did the right thing. No that would not bother me if that was the case as long as he remained true and faithful to her. Comparing Trump to Reagan is like comparing rotten apples and oranges. They have nothing in common except they both were democrats at one time and were presidents under the Republican party.

But we aren't talking about Reagan in this thread. He is dead and gone. If you want to why don't you try starting a completely new topic and discuss it there? We are discussing why virtue is important in our leaders. I know that Trump supporters like to draw attention away from anything that doesn't make Trump look good. Christians used to believe virtue and following God's laws were important and way above politics. If virtue is old-fashioned and dead then our Constitution is as well. For without virtue it is not worth the paper it is written on and we can no longer be considered a Christian country. You think we would have learned this after Clinton and Obama but I guess not. Immorality doesn't belong to a political party. When we continue to elect immoral men and fail to demand morality in our leaders our leaders will become increasingly immoral. Considering the cesspool that our government has become I'd say the proof is in the pudding.

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Along with the mulligan, Trump also received an assortment of Slovene curse words.  The Secret Service will probably change her code name from Trophy to Lorena.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:43:59 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I rent to a Reverend. When I see him to pick up the check I ask him how the God business is after he asks me how the rental  business is. It's our running thing. Couple month ago he went off about the God business being bad because parishioners have become increasingly judgmental over the years instead of Christian like and end up scaring other away from joining the church. He said it's the reason numbers in the pew are dropping at all the churches.

I bring up this story because after reading your irrational anger at Donny over ALLEGEDLY having a affair TWELVE YEARS AGO I can see his point. You more than likely roll into some large half empty building every Sunday to fondle some holy relics and sing some Jesus songs about peace and love and then angrily gossip about unsubstantiated and inconsequential stories like this Donny one night stand stuff that doesn't effect your life in the very least.

When I see the Rev next month I will have to tell him I have seen tangible evidence of what he speaks.

I was going to make a crack about Rev Sharpton or Rev Jackson, but then I noticed you were claiming to have picked up the check and I realized you were just trolling.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline montanajoe

I have friends who spent the last eight years bombarding me with obscure scripture to prove their theory that Obama was the Anti-Christ. They have become strong Trump supporters and give Trump a "mulligan" for trashing every moral belief they formally held,  while trying to convince me of the error in my ways in refusing to support him....

My response is .... who knew the Anti-Christ would have orange hair... :shrug:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@Right-in-Virginia I don't know what "virtue signaling" is so I cannot speak to that.

It's a new twist on projection that is used now more often as a silencing technique rather than those who self-identify themselves as better than thou (i.e.:'virtue signal' that one was a better citizen of the earth because they recycle and drive a Prius).    Now the term is used to ridicule and shame into silence, anyone discussing morality or applying morality to specific cultural events and situations.  It's the new way to smear someone discussing moral principles as having wrong motives.

The Trump Faithful have taken to adopting its use like fish to water.

Christians used to believe virtue and following God's laws were important and way above politics. If virtue is old-fashioned and dead then our Constitution is as well. For without virtue it is not worth the paper it is written on and we can no longer be considered a Christian country. You think we would have learned this after Clinton and Obama but I guess not. Immorality doesn't belong to a political party. When we continue to elect immoral men and fail to demand morality in our leaders our leaders will become increasingly immoral. Considering the cesspool that our government has become I'd say the proof is in the pudding.

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

I was going to make a crack about Rev Sharpton or Rev Jackson, but then I noticed you were claiming to have picked up the check and I realized you were just trolling.

LOL. You knucklehead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Benjamin Franklin

"That hard-to-be-governed passion of youth had hurried me frequently into intrigues with low women that fell in my way."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

So that’s what a single or divorced man’s girlfriend or fiancée is called now – his mistress?  Good to know. / s
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline musiclady

First point, Frank.  There is absolutely nothing "irrational" about what I think about adultery.  It has been what I have thought about adultery my entire life, and what, until quite recently, every other conservative Christian thought about it.

The principle of marital fidelity isn't original with "Trump haters" (to use a tired old and inaccurate ad hominem).  It is original with God, Himself and is clear in His Word.

The damage infidelity (even one time) does to a marriage is well documented.  So-called modern reshaping of moral law doesn't change the harm it does, nor the lack of trustworthiness in those who are serial adulterers.

The problem is that the once true-to-Scripture "evangelical" Church has changed...... and not for the better.

You may believe that sex outside of marriage with other married women is no big deal (this particular affair may be "alleged," but the truth is that Trump himself has bragged about his unrepentant immorality, so that is the issue), but the fact some in the Evangelical Church are now saying that serial adultery is no big deal.

And what is making the issue worse, is that those who are supposed to stand for God's Law, have made the choice that POLITICS trumps BIBLICAL truth.

No previous President has been given a "Mulligan" for marital infidelity.

The fact that Trump is being given one is a serious problem.  Because no matter what your political desires are.........

CHARACTER STILL MATTERS.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:43:49 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

The path we've been traveling over the past two years, with all the mulligans given to Trump for the sake of "winning!", where is it leading this country?

So long as the Wall is built, and the economy continues to grow, are we required (as most Trumpers seem to believe) to avert our eyes to everything else regarding Mr. Trump?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The path we've been traveling over the past two years, with all the mulligans given to Trump for the sake of "winning!", where is it leading this country?

To the inauguration of a President Kardashian.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

So long as the Wall is built, and the economy continues to grow, are we required (as most Trumpers seem to believe) to avert our eyes to everything else regarding Mr. Trump?

@Night Hides Not
Its not leading us anywhere.  We've permitted and encouraged immoral politicians for decades.   

But lets say we don't support him.   What are the options?   He's still the President.   Should we not support his move to pull money from the UN?  To speak out for the right to life organizations?    To cut taxes?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

No previous President has been given a "Mulligan" for marital infidelity.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

But we aren't talking about Reagan in this thread. He is dead and gone. ...

We are talking about Presidential mulligans @ConservativeGranny  Reagan was a President who at the time lived a rather unconventional life for a "conservative" ... Democrat, union leader, actor, late night commercial king, a Hollywood player, divorced, a pregnant girlfriend, the way he treated his children .... not the stuff of evangelical teachings.  To this day you're giving him a mulligan.

... I know that Trump supporters like to draw attention away from anything that doesn't make Trump look good.

Respectfully, you know nothing of Trump supporters .... except what you've twisted to fit your rather narrow worldview.

Christians used to believe virtue and following God's laws were important and way above politics. If virtue is old-fashioned and dead then our Constitution is as well. For without virtue it is not worth the paper it is written on and we can no longer be considered a Christian country.

There is one oath I want an elected politician to uphold above all others:  to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.   How a couple lives their marital vows is not up to me or my concern.  It really shouldn't be your concern either.

You think we would have learned this after Clinton and Obama but I guess not. Immorality doesn't belong to a political party. When we continue to elect immoral men and fail to demand morality in our leaders our leaders will become increasingly immoral. Considering the cesspool that our government has become I'd say the proof is in the pudding. 

Our government is a cesspool because of corruption ... a breach of the oath I cited above .... not because of sex.  Jimmy Carter, the staunchest example of the moral Christian man was a complete eff-up in office and the world, especially the Middle East, is still paying the price.

I'd rather a flawed man who fights for the nation he loves over a religious missionary.  Given a choice, I'll choose the flawed doer.  Like Churchill.  Like Reagan.  Like Trump.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

The answer to that we are told is YES.  All the matters is what he DOES to assuage their demands on specific issues, and even if Trump reneges on those things he promised, the fact he is causing the media and the Left to have fits of rage absolves him of any personal peccadilloes he has.

IOWs, it's okay when OUR guy does what we bashed Clinton and Obama for doing.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

Please give citations of conservatives or evangelicals giving a mulligan to JFK for his infidelity.

Methinks you're pulling a red herring?
+++++++++