Author Topic: Tony Perkins: Trump gets a 'mulligan' over Stormy Daniels from Evangelicals  (Read 15128 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Please give citations of conservatives or evangelicals giving a mulligan to JFK for his infidelity.

Methinks you're pulling a red herring?

@Suppressed
You can't be serious.   The Kennedys were worshipped by people on both sides of the fence to include the evangelicals.   Especially those in the north east.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
There is one oath I want an elected politician to uphold above all others:  to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.   How a couple lives their marital vows is not up to me or my concern.  It really shouldn't be your concern either.

Yes, because we should completely expect to trust someone to uphold the oath of office and to uphold and defend the Constitution even when that someone cannot uphold his own marital vow and oath.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Right_in_Virginia

The answer to that we are told is YES.  All the matters is what he DOES to assuage their demands on specific issues, and even if Trump reneges on those things he promised, the fact he is causing the media and the Left to have fits of rage absolves him of any personal peccadilloes he has.

IOWs, it's okay when OUR guy does what we bashed Clinton and Obama for doing.

Clinton was bashed for perjury before a federal judge and obstruction of justice.  Crimes.  He broke his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.  If the Clinton "episode" had been about sex, even in the Oval Office, it would not have risen to the level of an impeachable offense. 

As for Obama ... he, too, by all reports, broke his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.  The jury, quite literally, has yet to rule.

Offline Frank Cannon

Please give citations of conservatives or evangelicals giving a mulligan to JFK for his infidelity.

Methinks you're pulling a red herring?

Thanks for the straw dog. The poster said a President never got a Mulligan about infidelity. Kennedy did. Warren G Harding did. These are examples of actual infidelity, not hypothesized like you Donny haters and Progressives are ginning up. I just had to listen to all sorts of Conservative punditry cite how awesome Kennedy was about taxes because of Donny's latest win. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Speaking of ginning up, I wonder how much Tanqueray Stormy has consumed in an effort to wipe the mental image of Donnie’s orange junk and o-face.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:42:24 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

Yes, because we should completely expect to trust someone to uphold the oath of office and to uphold and defend the Constitution even when that someone cannot uphold his own marital vow and oath.

@INVAR
So you would only support a sinless politician?

Offline ConservativeGranny

We are talking about Presidential mulligans @ConservativeGranny  Reagan was a President who at the time lived a rather unconventional life for a "conservative" ... Democrat, union leader, actor, late night commercial king, a Hollywood player, divorced, a pregnant girlfriend, the way he treated his children .... not the stuff of evangelical teachings.  To this day you're giving him a mulligan.

Respectfully, you know nothing of Trump supporters .... except what you've twisted to fit your rather narrow worldview.

There is one oath I want an elected politician to uphold above all others:  to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.   How a couple lives their marital vows is not up to me or my concern.  It really shouldn't be your concern either.

Our government is a cesspool because of corruption ... a breach of the oath I cited above .... not because of sex.  Jimmy Carter, the staunchest example of the moral Christian man was a complete eff-up in office and the world, especially the Middle East, is still paying the price.

I'd rather a flawed man who fights for the nation he loves over a religious missionary.  Given a choice, I'll choose the flawed doer.  Like Churchill.  Like Reagan.  Like Trump.

To this day you're giving him a mulligan.

The man is dead. What are you talking about? A mulligan is a do over. How can I give a dead man a do over? LOL!

Respectfully, you know nothing of Trump supporters .... except what you've twisted to fit your rather narrow worldview.

I know a lot about Trump supporters. I learned it right here and at TOS. There is nothing respectful about what you said to me there. It was a personal insult. I have never insulted you in this manner and there is no excuse for it. This is what Trump does and it is obviously what his supporters do as well. I must have hit too close to the truth.

Our government is a cesspool because of corruption ... a breach of the oath I cited above .... not because of sex.

That was what was said to excuse Clinton as well. No, it is not about sex. It is about adultery. And yes corruption as well. Trump will make the Clintons look like amateurs. It IS my concern when the POTUS cheats on his wife. As I have said before, if a man will lie to his wife he will easily lie to anyone.

Offline driftdiver

To this day you're giving him a mulligan.

The man is dead. What are you talking about? A mulligan is a do over. How can I give a dead man a do over? LOL!

I know a lot about Trump supporters. I learned it right here and at TOS. There is nothing respectful about what you said to me there. It was a personal insult. I have never insulted you in this manner and there is no excuse for it. This is what Trump does and it is obviously what his supporters do as well. I must have hit too close to the truth.

Our government is a cesspool because of corruption ... a breach of the oath I cited above .... not because of sex.

That was what was said to excuse Clinton as well. No, it is not about sex. It is about adultery. And yes corruption as well. Trump will make the Clintons look like amateurs. It IS my concern when the POTUS cheats on his wife. As I have said before, if a man will lie to his wife he will easily lie to anyone.

@ConservativeGranny

Whats your solution?   because of the garbage they have to put up with few 'decent' people run for office.

Online Right_in_Virginia

...  That was what was said to excuse Clinton as well. No, it is not about sex. It is about adultery. And yes corruption as well. Trump will make the Clintons look like amateurs. It IS my concern when the POTUS cheats on his wife. As I have said before, if a man will lie to his wife he will easily lie to anyone.

My best advice to you @ConservativeGranny  ----

Evaluate the President on his accomplishments and the promises kept he made to the American people.

Raise your children to be the Christian you would like them to be without dictating to others what that Christian should be. 

Stop looking for politicians to validate your personal choices.

And what goes on between any married couple is not your concern.   If you can't stop crawling around other people's bedrooms .... please, at least stop doing it in the name of Jesus.

That's all. 

"That hard-to-be-governed passion of youth had hurried me frequently into intrigues with low women that fell in my way."
Benjamin Franklin

Thank God he never ran for POTUS.

@Night Hides Not
Its not leading us anywhere.  We've permitted and encouraged immoral politicians for decades.   

But lets say we don't support him.   What are the options?   He's still the President.   Should we not support his move to pull money from the UN?  To speak out for the right to life organizations?    To cut taxes?

You wise up and don't make the same mistake twice.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Clinton was bashed for perjury before a federal judge and obstruction of justice.  Crimes.  He broke his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.  If the Clinton "episode" had been about sex, even in the Oval Office, it would not have risen to the level of an impeachable offense. 

As for Obama ... he, too, by all reports, broke his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.  The jury, quite literally, has yet to rule.

You folks are engaging in the same kind of defining deviancy down the the Left has done for years, simply because it's YOUR GUY now.  A 'jury' will never rule on what you used to assert was justice or the upholding of an oath of office to defend the Constitution when the goalposts over what is acceptable keeps getting moved.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

Thank God he never ran for POTUS.

Yeah. He was a real piece of shit. Thank God he is burning in hell now.

Offline driftdiver

You wise up and don't make the same mistake twice.

@ConservativeGranny
Yeah thats a winning strategy on this subject.

Man it must be nice to be perfect and sinless.

Offline driftdiver

You folks are engaging in the same kind of defining deviancy down the the Left has done for years, simply because it's YOUR GUY now.  A 'jury' will never rule on what you used to assert was justice or the upholding of an oath of office to defend the Constitution when the goalposts over what is acceptable keeps getting moved.

@INVAR
I'll let you know when Jesus runs for office.  Until then i'll vote for the best mortal person available.

My best advice to you @ConservativeGranny  ----

Evaluate the President on his accomplishments and the promises kept he made to the American people.

Raise your children to be the Christian you would like them to be without dictating to others what that Christian should be. 

Stop looking for politicians to validate your personal choices.

And what goes on between any married couple is not your concern.   If you can't stop crawling around other people's bedrooms .... please, at least stop doing it in the name of Jesus.

That's all.

I am evaluating Trump and I'm not impressed. Far from it. And as to what goes on in Trump's sex life? It is our business when he is the POTUS. This type of activity not only points to untruthfulness and moral failing but it also leaves the POTUS open to blackmail and to having to make secret payoffs to cover up his affairs. This should concern us all. Trump also seems to want everyone to know about his serial adultery as he brags about it in his books. So he made it everyone's business when he couldn't keep his big mouth shut because of his insecurities and bragging. Trump sees no shame in his actions. He wears his infidelity like a badge of honor. I didn't crawl into his bedroom he invited us in.

@ConservativeGranny
Yeah thats a winning strategy on this subject.

Man it must be nice to be perfect and sinless.

I always know that I hit a home run when the personal insults start. Keep them coming. It proves my point.

Yeah. He was a real piece of shit. Thank God he is burning in hell now.
@Frank Cannon  Frank, are you capable of posting without using foul language?

Offline edpc

I'll let you know when Jesus runs for office.

No thanks. He’s always playing the martyr and has a God complex.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

No thanks. He’s always playing the martyr and has a God complex.

That ought to get a rise out of him.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline driftdiver

Already did

(He is Risen)

Offline edpc

Too many opportunities will slip through his hands.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:33:34 pm by edpc »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@INVAR
I'll let you know when Jesus runs for office.  Until then i'll vote for the best mortal person available.
The problem with that: When casting calls go out for "Jesus," 16 candidates will show up, to select from.

And there will be no absolute guarantee the "real Jesus" will be among them.

Or we could just leave it to Tony Perkins and Benny Hinn.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Already did

(He is Risen)

You're only as good as your last miracle.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So you would only support a sinless politician?

I do not support or trust a politician that has a demonstrable lack character and the fruits of someone that does not champion the same principles I do. 

You vote for whomever the hell you want to vote for.   

If you think that I will only vote for Jesus because my own litmus test discards your chosen politician as someone deserving my support, then you go think that.