Author Topic: Tony Perkins: Trump gets a 'mulligan' over Stormy Daniels from Evangelicals  (Read 15020 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Tony Perkins: Trump gets a 'mulligan' over Stormy Daniels from Evangelicals
« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2018, 08:52:55 pm »
You and your Trump fellows repeatedly said Trump did not need us and that you did not want any support from those of us who did not vote for him, because we would be 'fair weather friends', and recently it was stated that our applause and support is not wanted at all because it would tarnish *Trump's brand*.

For all the insistence your prince does not need or want our support because he can do everything without us - why do you people continue to insist that our lack of support or criticism is 'tearing the place down'. 

All it does is reinforce the accusations that you people demand 100% fealty, loyalty and devotion - or nothing at all.

And even when people like @Concerned share their even-handedness in evaluating Trump, it's never good enough for you people.  You continue to assert all we want to do is 'tear the place down' because your prince is not continuously praised and worshipped online by principled Conservatives who are not wrapped up in your cult of personality.

LOL. It really bugs you that the President is succeeding despite all your dire warnings, praying for disaster and fondling of rosaries......and I love it. It entertains me to no end.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #201 on: January 26, 2018, 08:54:03 pm »
@Concerned
So how are you going to make things better.

IMO its a better bet to support Trump, as flawed as he is, and work to improve this country.  Brinig it back from the abyss.

Or people can continue to fight against trump and everything he does.    because he isn't perfect enough.

Have a good day, this is useless

How about a thread, taking expert testimony from certain folks here, about which Presidents are in Heaven, and which are not?

Let's start with Lincoln, move next to the Roosevelt cousins, then to Carter.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2018, 08:55:37 pm »
How about a thread, taking expert testimony from certain folks here, about which Presidents are in Heaven, and which are not?

Carter is in hell. He had lust in his heart.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2018, 09:32:13 pm »
LOL. It really bugs you that the President is succeeding

Not at all Frank.  I smile inside at the things I think he has done that may prove beneficial and roll my eyes at his behaviors and Twitter stupidities.  Trump himself I largely ignore save for the commentaries and discussions about him on boards like this, because I find the mindsets in mass movements to be fascinating, and principled Conservatism needs to be defended when Liberalism or populism works so hard to supplant it.

despite all your dire warnings, praying for disaster and fondling of rosaries......and I love it.

Frank, Frank my amusing friend - where would you have ever gotten the notion that I was .... Catholic?

Now calling fire down from heaven has never been on my list of prayers to The Father, and calamity almost always ends up being brutally visited on the servants of the Lord first - so I am curious why you would assume I am 'praying for it' when I spend my time WARNING about consequences coming for our current stupidities as a culture and nation?

I'm not fond of the idea of suffering what consequences portend for me and my posterity.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #204 on: January 26, 2018, 09:33:47 pm »

That would be an amusing thread to read.

For me especially because in my understanding the Great White Throne Judgment has not happened yet.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #205 on: January 26, 2018, 09:36:36 pm »

Carter is still alive.  He just dragged the nation through hell.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #206 on: January 26, 2018, 10:10:26 pm »

Frank, Frank my amusing friend - where would you have ever gotten the notion that I was .... Catholic?

I don't give a shit what denomination you are specifically. Whatever it is it involves a lot of moral superiority and finger pointing. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #207 on: January 26, 2018, 10:15:14 pm »
LOL. It really bugs you that the President is succeeding despite all your dire warnings, praying for disaster and fondling of rosaries......and I love it. It entertains me to no end.

I'm gunna take these bleeds and shove em right up your nose.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #208 on: January 26, 2018, 10:51:04 pm »

Frank, I find your term "fondling of rosaries" to be bigoted and offensive. If the mods are going to allow this kind of nonsense, then the gloves are off regarding your Orange Julius and his merry Orange Brigadiers.

@Machiavelli,  I'm giving you a heads up.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2018, 11:01:43 pm »
As a 'normal' fallen-away Catholic myself,...schooled by nuns, Franciscans and Jesuits, I wasn't the least bit offended by @Frank Cannon 's reference.

I knew exactly how he meant it.   

And so did you.   :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:02:04 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2018, 11:02:27 pm »
Obama 2008 - Yes We Can!
Trump 2018 - Oh Yes You Did!

Really interesting times.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2018, 11:18:11 pm »
Frank, I find your term "fondling of rosaries" to be bigoted and offensive. If the mods are going to allow this kind of nonsense, then the gloves are off regarding your Orange Julius and his merry Orange Brigadiers.

You're only just taking the gloves off now, eh? Well how exciting. Looking forward to all these grand slams that are going to be laid down.

BTW Orange Julius isn't going to cut it. I don't think anyone but the over 80 crowd knows what they are anymore.

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2018, 11:35:27 pm »
As a 'normal' fallen-away Catholic myself,...schooled by nuns, Franciscans and Jesuits, I wasn't the least bit offended by @Frank Cannon 's reference.

I knew exactly how he meant it.   

And so did you.   :whistle:

Ditto.

@Cyber Liberty had to explain what a "Mulligan" was. Made no sense to me.

Do these so-called incidents with the "Stormy" lady have any legs?

Malania could have gotten the flu which has spread throughout this country. And she is such a good mom, perhaps she wanted to stay home with Barron.
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2018, 11:53:22 pm »
@Frank Cannon

I am going to have to call you on this one:

BTW Orange Julius isn't going to cut it. I don't think anyone but the over 80 crowd knows what they are anymore.

I most certainly am not near 80, but I remember Orange Julius.  My very favorite drink! 

What happened to them?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 11:53:55 pm by Slip18 »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #214 on: January 27, 2018, 12:00:01 am »
@Frank Cannon

I am going to have to call you on this one:

I most certainly am not near 80, but I remember Orange Julius.  My very favorite drink! 

What happened to them?

Well then I apologize. I am very sorry for ruining the thread with baseless accusations about the age of the average Orange Julius customer. It was unseemly and in poor taste.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2018, 12:02:11 am »

Do these so-called incidents with the "Stormy" lady have any legs?

No, but Stormy has great legs....

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #216 on: January 27, 2018, 12:06:21 am »

As a Crappie Cruncher by birth, and also one of the most righteous of the C & E members of my Roman Catholic Church, I wish to say: Oh Bullshit. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #217 on: January 27, 2018, 12:47:02 am »
No, but Stormy has great legs....

She should.  She exercises them enough. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #218 on: January 27, 2018, 12:51:05 am »
@Frank Cannon  @Cyber Liberty

K.  You are both going over my knee to get your spankings.  Boys!  Arrgghhh!

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #219 on: January 27, 2018, 01:22:47 am »
Well then I apologize. I am very sorry for ruining the thread with baseless accusations about the age of the average Orange Julius customer. It was unseemly and in poor taste.

:silly: :silly:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #220 on: January 27, 2018, 01:29:03 am »
I don't give a shit what denomination you are specifically.

Obviously. 

However it might help expand your universe of wit a tad to recognize that most Christians don't fondle rosaries and that particular jab might not be seen as humorous to a few folks who are Catholic.  The caveat of course that you don't give a shit about that either, but hey - underneath that Stoli, single malt scotch, cocaine and barbiturates exterior, there might reside a bit of reflective empathy somewhere under your Mannix disposition.

Whatever it is it involves a lot of moral superiority and finger pointing.

And fondling of rosaries.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #221 on: January 27, 2018, 01:35:47 am »
Geez. I remember when some Christian conservatives were concerned that Reagan had been divorced and remarried.

The stories of Reagan's private life before becoming Governor which included affairs while married are well documented. How many Presidents can be included in that club may never be known. But paying hush money if true puts this Trump affair in a different catagory.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #222 on: January 27, 2018, 01:44:30 am »
The stories of Reagan's private life before becoming Governor which included affairs while married are well documented. How many Presidents can be included in that club may never be known. But paying hush money if true puts this Trump affair in a different catagory.

It was all before the Internet.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #223 on: January 27, 2018, 07:07:03 am »
It was all before the Internet.

Baloney. I had the internet in 1980.....