Author Topic: Tony Perkins: Trump gets a 'mulligan' over Stormy Daniels from Evangelicals  (Read 15142 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Tony Perkins: Trump gets a 'mulligan' over Stormy Daniels from Evangelicals
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2018, 07:24:49 pm »

For the record, I'm not that religious, however, the reason why I think it is an issue, is that I would like be consistent. If I criticize Bill Clinton for his behavior than I have to criticize Trump for his behavior.

It seems pretty straightforward, doesn't it?

Why all the dancing around to make excuses for what one once condemned?   :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2018, 07:28:53 pm »
The left always brings up "theocracy" when they know they have lost the argument against morality.

It's as idiotic as any accusation ever leveled at moral people who expect the same in their leaders.  That we have to support debauchery, or we are demanding a theocracy.

Just lame brained.....   **nononono*

Everything you post tries to prove your thesis that the United States must be a Christian nation ... and a Christian as defined by you.

That is a theocracy.  And yes, your thesis IS lame brained.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2018, 07:29:34 pm »
It seems pretty straightforward, doesn't it?

Why all the dancing around to make excuses for what one once condemned?   :shrug:

Where does a Christian get the right, never mind the power, to condemn another living soul? @musiclady

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:00:41 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2018, 07:31:32 pm »
@musiclady

Disagreement isn't mocking.   I was taught that in gradeschool.

OK.  You weren't mocking anyone here.

Right.   :shrug:

(Except that "when I was in grade school" stuff).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:48:25 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2018, 07:49:47 pm »
You're talking like we have a choice of who is President right now today.  We don't, he won and he's President.

So you can continue to rant and rave about his every flaw and help the dems push forward their agenda.

Ahhhh, so once again the Trumpians insist that any criticizing of Trump hurts the Prez and helps the Democrats.

That's plain bovine excrement pal, by the mouth of the leaders of your Trump cheerleader squad right here on this board. 

Not only were we told that Trump does not need our *GD support*, we were recently told right here on the board that not only does Trump not need or want our support, any support we gave Trump would hurt *Trump's "brand"*.

Your own fellow followers of Trump contradict your silly assertion.

Or you can work with what we've got and encourage him to make the right decisions going forward. 

As if Trump listens to anyone but himself and his own ego to begin with.

Once again, your fellows just told us that Trump does not need our *GD support* and that we would hurt *Trump's brand* if we did support him on anything.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2018, 07:54:37 pm »

For the record, I'm not that religious, however, the reason why I think it is an issue, is that I would like be consistent. If I criticize Bill Clinton for his behavior than I have to criticize Trump for his behavior.

I am not that religious either. And I have no illusions that all men, even men we otherwise respect are necessarily perfect especially in their sex lives.

However, I do find it strange and hypercritical that a pastor would use a term like “mulligan” to excuse Trump’s very real and alleged marital infidelities especially considering what Trump has unrepentantly said himself about them and said he thinks he doesn’t need to ask for forgiveness from God.

If someone confesses their sin and repents and goes on to sin no more, that I can understand a pastor or man of God saying the sinner is forgiven, but a "mulligan"? I don't recall Jesus ever using that term or saying…. “Bear with each other and give a mulligan to one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Give a mulligan as the Lord gave a mulligan to you.”

And for what it's worth, as someone who plays the game, in golf, a mulligan is actually against the rules. It is typically a bad tee shot that someone doesn't count as a stroke and takes over as if the first one never happened and people who take mulligans in golf are known as cheaters. And FWIW, Trump has been known as doing just that - cheating in golf by not counting all his strokes and not playing by the rules.

But the even bigger issue to me, lest anyone loses sight of it, was the (alleged) payoff for the silence.

If he’s willing to pay off whores to keep his sexcapades silent, who else and for what else is he willing to pay off? Think about that.

With Nixon and Clinton, it was the cover up and the lying about the cover up that nailed them.

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2018, 07:56:49 pm »
Ahhhh, so once again the Trumpians insist that any criticizing of Trump hurts the Prez and helps the Democrats.

That's plain bovine excrement pal, by the mouth of the leaders of your Trump cheerleader squad right here on this board. 

Not only were we told that Trump does not need our *GD support*, we were recently told right here on the board that not only does Trump not need or want our support, any support we gave Trump would hurt *Trump's "brand"*.

Your own fellow followers of Trump contradict your silly assertion.

As if Trump listens to anyone but himself and his own ego to begin with.

Once again, your fellows just told us that Trump does not need our *GD support* and that we would hurt *Trump's brand* if we did support him on anything.

Who cares what other people who hold similar views might have said?

Their posts do not in any way invalidate one poster's opinion.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2018, 08:20:02 pm »
Who cares what other people who hold similar views might have said?

Their posts do not in any way invalidate one poster's opinion.

No, but apparently our posts DO somehow magically hurt Trump and advance the Democrat agenda according to some.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2018, 08:57:41 pm »
In the first place, the media completely hid JFK's dalliances from the average American, and Conservative Christians didn't know a thing about his rampant immorality.

In the second place, I was a part of the Evangelical community during those years (I'm betting you weren't), and no way under Heaven would that kind of licentious behavior be given any kind of pass.

You are confusing your feelings with historical reality, @Frank Cannon .

Just because YOU don't care about immoral "leaders" doesn't mean that others didn't/don't.

When Clinton was in office, Christians were up in arms because of his sexual predation and infidelity.

Now, supposedly the same people are giving the SAME BEHAVIOR a pass in Trump.

If it is true (and it is with some), then it means the Church in America is on the decline (or totally destroyed).

btw, as a follower of Jesus Christ, I cannot be insulted or cursed into retreat on Biblical truth.

You can keep trying to shame me for believing that God's Word means what it says, but it's never, ever going to work.

It's just flailing.

You're right. I need to follow the leadership of Evangelicals from back in your good old days. They knew what they were talking about with moral leadership.....

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #134 on: January 24, 2018, 09:07:02 pm »
Jim Bakker seems apropos here, since after the Jessica Hahn incident, we discovered PTL stood for Pay The Lady.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #135 on: January 24, 2018, 09:12:04 pm »
In related news, Ken Copeland got his new jet!

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article195841759.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #136 on: January 24, 2018, 09:12:37 pm »
Jim Bakker seems apropos here, since after the Jessica Hahn incident, we discovered PTL stood for Pay The Lady.

Jesus Saves and Jessica Puts Out.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2018, 09:12:46 pm »
You're right. I need to follow the leadership of Evangelicals from back in your good old days. They knew what they were talking about with moral leadership.....

That reminds me , I need to list a few religious relics I received as "pledge gifts" On Ebay tonight.  After sending my generous offering to Rev. "Little" Ed Pemberton, of the Church of the Mighty Struggle, I received two John the Baptist shower curtains. A set of The World is Coming to an End lawn furniture, and a St. Peter and Paul spice rack. .  Anyone have a suggested "Buy It Now" price for my religious items?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2018, 09:14:13 pm »
In related news, Ken Copeland got his new jet!

https://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article195841759.html

The Jesus business is doing well....

The jet, one church member said, is “the plane the Lord had set aside” for the ministry, based in Newark, Texas.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2018, 09:15:02 pm »
... I don't recall Jesus ever using that term or saying…. “Bear with each other and give a mulligan to one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Give a mulligan as the Lord gave a mulligan to you...”

:silly: :silly:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2018, 09:15:29 pm »
That reminds me , I need to list a few religious relics I received as "pledge gifts" On Ebay tonight.  After sending my generous offering to Rev. "Little" Ed Pemberton, of the Church of the Mighty Struggle, I received two John the Baptist shower curtains. A set of The World is Coming to an End lawn furniture, and a St. Peter and Paul spice rack. .  Anyone have a suggested "Buy It Now" price for my religious items?

I think the lowest base price on such 'blessed merchandise' is a minimum "love gift" of $500.00

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2018, 09:18:06 pm »

No wonder you are having bad fortune and need to sell your holy relics. You didn't get Peter Popoff's Miracle Spring Water. If you did, you would be rolling in dough....

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2018, 09:23:42 pm »
Jesus Saves and Jessica Puts Out.

Former Pentecostal preacher-turned-comedian Sam Kinison knew both to be true........

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 09:30:15 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2018, 09:25:16 pm »
Where does a Christian get the right, never mind the power, to condemn another living soul? @musiclady
Does not the scripture say "If your brother sins, rebuke him?"

Did not the Apostle Paul tell the church of Corinth to not even eat with those engaged in sexual sin?

You yourself have preached that Trump is a Christian. Should we not denounce his behavior?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thackney

« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2018, 09:28:20 pm »

From Christ?

Matthew 18:15-17
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2018, 09:29:02 pm »
Does not the scripture say "If your brother sins, rebuke him?"

Did not the Apostle Paul tell the church of Corinth to not even eat with those engaged in sexual sin?

You yourself have preached that Trump is a Christian. Should we not denounce his behavior?

@jmyrlefuller
Its funny how the issue the NTs are denouncing always happens to be on the same subject that the left is pushing that day.

Irony
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2018, 09:36:35 pm »
@jmyrlefuller
Its funny how the issue the NTs are denouncing always happens to be on the same subject that the left is pushing that day.

Irony
"That day?" Come on; we've known about this kind of behavior for years. Karen McDougal got the same kind of hush money back in 2016.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2018, 09:46:32 pm »
No wonder you are having bad fortune and need to sell your holy relics. You didn't get Peter Popoff's Miracle Spring Water. If you did, you would be rolling in dough....

Sadly, they were sold out of the new Larger Size of the water.   So I ordered the Popoff Miracle Manna instead.  Now based on the claims, Miracle Manna is cake from heaven that empowers you to do God’s will. Also it would cause people to write large checks to me for reasons unknown.  As if that wasn't enough, All my dreams were to come true.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2018, 09:51:09 pm »
@jmyrlefuller

Irony

We think it's funny that ATs always happen to use the same talking points as the Left to excuse, justify and exonerate their politicians' bad behavior.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2018, 10:29:41 pm »
From Christ?

Matthew 18:15-17

Doesn't Matt talk about a person sinning against you personally and that you should have a personal chat about it first?

Since this whole thread is based on rumors and innuendo, I would think this would be more appropriate....

Proverbs 17:4 Whoever practices evil pays attention to wicked speech, and the liar listens to malicious talk.

Exodus 23:1 “You must not pass along false rumors. You must not cooperate with evil people by lying on the witness stand.

Proverbs 6:14 Their perverted hearts plot evil, and they constantly stir up trouble.

Romans 1:29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,

Put that in your bible and smoke it.