Author Topic: John Coleman Dies At 83  (Read 572 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
John Coleman Dies At 83
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:33:12 am »
Coleman founded The Weather Channel in 1980.

SAN DIEGO, CA -- John Coleman, a long-serving San Diego weatherman and founder of The Weather Channel, has died at the age of 83.

KUSI anchor Jason Austell tweeted news of Coleman's death early Sunday. The San Diego Union-Tribune reported he died Saturday night in Las Vegas, where he lives.

Born in Alpine, Texas, in 1934, he began his television career in 1953 at WCIA in Champaign, Illinois, while still a student at the University of Illinois. After graduating from college, he worked at several TV stations throughout the Midwest, before landing at WLS, the ABC station in Chicago.

Coleman was later the first weatherman on "Good Morning America" at its premiere on the ABC network in 1975, and he went on to found The Weather Channel, which launched in 1982.

https://patch.com/california/san-diego/san-diego-weatherman-john-coleman-dies-83
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

Re: John Coleman Dies At 83
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:10:32 am »
Who says a B.A. degree in Journalism can't get you anywhere?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn