Author Topic: 1 out of 5 USBs given away to promote Taiwan's cybersecurity campaign contain viru  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Suppressed

1 out of 5 USBs given away to promote Taiwan's cybersecurity campaign contain virus
Authorities have ruled out the possibility that the virus constitutes a deliberate cyber attack on the event
By Teng Pei-ju,Taiwan News, Staff Writer
2018/01/07 18:09
https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3336023

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — As many as one fifth of the 250 USBs given away as part of an event to promote cyber security, held at the Presidential Office last year, were reported to have contained a virus. It turned out that the virus had been transmitted from a computer during testing.

The Liberty Times reported that 54 USBs provided by the Criminal Investigation Bureau for the campaign were purchased from Shawo Hwa Industrial Co. (少華企業), which had imported the products from China.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
And thats why you dont give out usb memory sticks.  Especially at a security conference
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

And thats why you dont give out usb memory sticks.  Especially at a security conference

And beware of your sourcing.

Funny it was only 1/5...only 250 but not identical.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

Offline dfwgator

Further proof, that there's no problem so great....that government can't make even worse.