Author Topic: 'New California' declares independence, wants to break off from rest of state to form new one  (Read 4273 times)

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Disgruntled California residents want to establish a 51st state — and they want to call it New California.
Organizers of the movement say the Golden State has become "ungovernable," and claim that the U.S. Constitution gives them the right to do something about it.

"We are not changing the country, we are adding to it," co-founder of the movement Paul Preston told the Daily News on Tuesday. "We are forming a new state, we want to become the 51st state."

"New California" would include most of the rural areas in the state — organizers provided a detailed map of what it would look like.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/new-california-break-rest-state-article-1.3760183

While I'm totally on board, I think this is another "nothing burger".  Some of those SoCal counties turned "blue" last election.  I'd think long and hard about that.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Good for them. Gods speed.

Online DB

Too late. The state is done. When the tech bubble bursts the state revenue is going to collapse because the state has destroyed everything else.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Interesting. So LA, SF, and Santa Barbara would secede?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

No they won't.

They will continue to do whatever they please and the law be damned while Threatening to leave.

But they will never leave because without the Federal Teat to keep them afloat they'd all Starve to Death in a month.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online DB

I believe "New California" is the blue part based on the description.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
They're proposing to take all the developed parts of the state as well as its coast.

This is the kind of stupidity one finds in a college dorm bull session.

Maybe your college dorm.  We were brilliant. 

Offline skeeter

These dummies are proposing to give up alot of territory thats not necessarily beyond redemption.

The immediate bay area, sacramento and LA county would be enough - the rest of the state is pretty much just like any other part of the country.

Offline skeeter

lol.

I see now those proposing this are trying to secede from the coast.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:06:09 am by skeeter »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Yep legit Roads Scolars.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
II am fine with this arrangement. Bids are open for the Capitol of Old California. San Diego?

Old California is likely still the largest agricultural state, and the political control to enforce the southern border. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DB

II am fine with this arrangement. Bids are open for the Capitol of Old California. San Diego?

Old California is likely still the largest agricultural state, and the political control to enforce the southern border.

"New California" is the blue part...

• Wulf Anson Author
"New California" is the blue part...

Yes and ALL California is 55 Electoral Votes.

Without them in the bag the Rats will never again win the WH.

A 51st State and all is complete nonsense.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline truth_seeker

I believe "New California" is the blue part based on the description.

I believe the Gold Star and the coastal section are color coded gold and named "New."

Online DB

I believe the Gold Star and the coastal section are color coded gold and named "New."

The description says otherwise: "New California" would include most of the rural areas in the state.

The "California" label is located next to the coast and the "New California" label is located near the interior part. And obviously the blue part includes most of the rural parts of the state.

Offline truth_seeker

The description says otherwise: "New California" would include most of the rural areas in the state.

The "California" label is located next to the coast and the "New California" label is located near the interior part. And obviously the blue part includes most of the rural parts of the state.
Whatever. You win.

Online DB

Whatever. You win.

No doubt that it's confusing with poorly done legends. And I read it like you did prior to reading the article. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to clear the confusion.

Offline truth_seeker

No doubt that it's confusing with poorly done legends. And I read it like you did prior to reading the article. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to clear the confusion.

No problem. There is a reasonable chance that "conservatism" would be the net winner, since 2 of 4 Senators might be Republicans.

Not many cycles ago, 4 of the 6 most southern coastal counties voted Republican.

San Diego, Orange, Ventura and San Luis Obispo. That is changing fast.   

Online DB

No problem. There is a reasonable chance that "conservatism" would be the net winner, since 2 of 4 Senators might be Republicans.

Not many cycles ago, 4 of the 6 most southern coastal counties voted Republican.

San Diego, Orange, Ventura and San Luis Obispo. That is changing fast.

I'm in SLO county and yes, it was a fairly conservative county not long ago. But it looks like those days are over. The liberal contagion has infected it. Its a beautiful area and I've lived here for 42 years... I expect to be out of California later this year.

Offline truth_seeker

I'm in SLO county and yes, it was a fairly conservative county not long ago. But it looks like those days are over. The liberal contagion has infected it. Its a beautiful area and I've lived here for 42 years... I expect to be out of California later this year.
Okay. So where do you go?

Online DB

Okay. So where do you go?

I'm going to AZ. Not that I will like it there but it has the resources I need for our manufacturing business. The business already has an office there for engineering and marketing so moving manufacturing there is most logical. The manufacturing is currently in San Jose and has been there for more than 25 years. The cost of living in AZ is a fraction of what it is here. Just the office space, utilities and immediate taxes will save the business $7k+ a month. The employees that currently live in small apartments in the Bay Area can easily own a nice house in AZ.

• Wulf Anson Author
Yes and ALL California is 55 Electoral Votes.

Without them in the bag the Rats will never again win the WH.

A 51st State and all is complete nonsense.

The Rats will NEVER allow it to happen. NEVER.

Without California's 55 Electoral votes they are screwed and they know it.

If you think the Sit Down in Congress was ridiculous:

just let the rest of Ca. Try to jettison their Overlords.

The whole CBC, the rest of the Rat Plantation Owners and the Press will croak of oxygen deprivation screaming 1 '-ISM' after another 24/7 if anyone moves an inch in any 51st State direction.

Offline truth_seeker

I'm going to AZ. Not that I will like it there but it has the resources I need for our manufacturing business. The business already has an office there for engineering and marketing so moving manufacturing there is most logical. The manufacturing is currently in San Jose and has been there for more than 25 years. The cost of living in AZ is a fraction of what it is here. Just the office space, utilities and immediate taxes will save the business $7k+ a month. The employees that currently live in small apartments in the Bay Area can easily own a nice house in AZ.
Where in AZ?

Online DB

Offline RetBobbyMI

I would go with Calvada as a better name.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy